“Great business stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Temple
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Temple
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I travel the US frequently and stay at Hilton Gardens Inn(s). I found this place to be very convenient and friendly. I felt right at home with the comfortable rooms and friendly staff. One thing that I would like to commend this place for is the staff to include managers that would go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. I recommend this place to other business travelers and will be visiting again. Always have fresh fruit, coffee and water available in the lobby.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 1 night while traveling through town. Quiet, comfortable, and close to everything we needed. Friendly staff. Across from Scott and White hospital but we never heard any siren noises or such. Easy access to the freeway. There's a restaurant here though we didn't use. No complimentary breakfast, but they do have coffee, cookies, etc in the lobby throughout the day.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank TravelingforFunTexas
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Hotel was close to shopping, stores, restaurants. Major highways close and easy to get to. Staff was very helpful and understanding. Great breakfast and restaurant in lobby. Very clean and quiet. Large parking lot.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We checked around 9 PM Friday the 30th. The front desk was very helpful and they already had my room key and check in information waiting for us upon arrival. Had a Jr Suite, located just outside the elevator so no long walk down the hallway and really was not noisey at all. The bed was very comfortable, the room was perfect for our stay. Very nice bathroom for ease of shower and getting ready the following morning. We had need extra coffee and that was brought to us immediatly the night of checking in, they were pretty busy as I would imagine being just across from the Scott & White Hospital. Easy access to and from the hotel to the interstate. Would stay again with any hesitation should the need arrive.
Way to go!

Room Tip: We had the Jr Suite and for us it was perfect.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Very satisfied and would stay there again! The staff was friendly, efficient, and always pleasant. The breakfast was pleasant surprise with the quality and quanity of the food and quickness of the service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Joseph F
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We booked this room to attend a wedding and were very pleased with the accomodations. We had never stayed in a Hilton Garden Inn. Despite poor mapquest directions, it was relatively easy to find and is perfect if someone is needed access to Scott White hospital, which is walking distance from the hotel.This is a beautiful hotel. Our room was beautifully remodeled and exceptionally clean. The breakfast was well worth the extra charge. I would stay here again if given the chance.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Very nice hotel, some staff in the dining room stand-offish. Front desk people very friendly and helpful. Offered a reduced price breakfast at reservation. Upon receiving my ticket for breakfast I was charged regular rate. After explaining my agreement with the national reservation center, I was told either $5 breakfast or 750 Hilton Honor Points. This was the only thing I was disappointed about at the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Marilyn J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Temple, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Pamela,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience at the hotel. I am happy to see that our Guest Service Agents treated you well however disappointed in your dining experience. Our entire staff is trained early on to ensure that we are creating a welcoming environment and it looks like we failed, we appreciate your honestly and will work to improve in this area. I am looking into your discounted breakfast, this is odd as we do not normally offer a $5 discounted breakfast and I am sure this is why it threw us for a loop. Unfortunately it seems as though we should have done some research at that moment to correct the problem, I do apologize on the staff’s behalf for not following up with you. I will look into this and contact you directly once I have corrected the issue. We do appreciate the feedback and hope to see you again.