“Good for price and location. Also clean!”
Review of Temple Travelodge

Temple Travelodge
Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Temple
Austin, Texas
“Good for price and location. Also clean!”
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Stayed here 6 months ago and it was ok, except for the price and room size (king bed, 2 people). This time, stayed in a 2 double bed room (3 people) and was surprised that the size was exactly the same. The price was much better though. Check in and out were fine. Breakfast is basic. Room was clean, but the beds were uncomfortable. Heat worked great. Shower was difficult to get the water temp just right, but we did eventually. Incredibly tight quarters for 3 people. Tv needs updating and furniture is worn, but for the location, price and cleanliness, it was ok.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank djz032070

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Kyle, Texas
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We were in need of a low cost hotel on short notice for two nights in Temple, Tx. I looked online and found the Travelodge had a great rate and also had a 15% discount for two nights. I called and asked about their "continental breakfast" and was told what it was. The rate was so low I was very concerened about what we would find. We arrived to find very friendly staff, a spotlessly clean room, help with "local" information on restaurants, and convienient location. There was free internet, a fridge and micro-wave. There was no pool but I can't remember the last time I used a pool at any hotel. We paid less for two nights there than one night in Waco the next night!
Great value hotel

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jbrecher
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Good location for what we needed. Check in was friendly and fast. Parking wasn't a problem but the grounds reminded me of a horror movie back in the 70's. It wasn't trashy or anything, just dated and on the ground level. Upon entering, was taken aback at the small size, but it was clean and well appointed. King bed was clean and comfortable with fluffy pillows. Had one nightstand. Round table with 2 chairs, a dresser with a flatscreen with good cable. Microwave, fridge, clock, iron and board and coffee maker all worked fine. A/c was great! Vanity was seperate. Shower had hot water and good pressure but "squealed" the entire time and around the shower head on the wall the paint had bubbled up and was peeling. More of an eyesore than anything. Next to Luby's. For the size of the room and the age of the property, I thought the rate should have been a bit lower, but overall got a good night's sleep and had no problems at all.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank djz032070
Midway, Georgia
Reviewed 17 June 2012

The first room I had at this hotel was nasty. They didnt clean it the way they should have. There was a bottle cap in the shower on a ledge that had been there since I checked in. There was a smudge on the underside of the toliet seat that had been there as well. They dont change the sheets everyday like they are suspossed to. I started to get bug bites all over my body as I slept as well. So I changed rooms, and that room wasn't much better. There was a dead fly stuck to the celing. There was some sudges on a couple of the pillows. I asked for new pillows but they never brought them. The ac didnt work, which I didnt find out till i was there during the day on my off day. It worked at night while I was there. I called the front desk, but it took the guy over an hour to come and fix it so it would work long enough for him to come back the next day and clean it while I was at work. The beds are hard as rocks. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. Do yourself a favor, and find somewhere else to stay. This motel/hotel was the worst expeirence I have ever had in my life. I will never stay there again. I changed hotels to the Super 8 motel just down the road from it.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel. Pay the extra money if you have too.