“It's better than the storefront lets on...”

Green's Sausage House
Ranked #5 of 164 Restaurants in Temple
Knoxville, Tennessee
“It's better than the storefront lets on...”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Zabcikville (not Temple!) - hard to pronounce, hard to spell, but worth finding if you are anywhere near! Sausage burgers are to die for, and they sell them in the meat market for those of us who moved away! I took a 6-pack home & will slowly ration them out until I can make another trip from East TN back down to TX. I just don't know of any other place you can even find a sausage burger...
We also get the dried sausage & rat cheese to take as snack for the drive home. They are great going down the road treats. Lots of things to browse & buy in the store area. Shopping before or after your meal is almost as good as the meal itself. I wouldn't miss out on either one!

• Visited March 2013

Buffalo, New York
“Don't judge a book by its cover!”
Reviewed 30 March 2013

This place is very average looking on the outside, kinda roadside gas station look.
But, the service was very good, as was the food.
When you walk in the front door, you are in a small grocery store, with a meat counter and bakery. The kolaches seem to be a big seller. I bought the last cream cheese danish, it was the best I have ever had! I also bought a bag a their homemade peanut brittle "for the road". Wish I would have bought several more! It was the best. Very full of peanuts and good quality.
My son had their "special" omelette, which didn't sound very good to me. 3 Eggs with peppers, onions and cheese and steak. When it came out it was the whole length of the plate. I couldn't resist trying it. It was the best omelette ever! Tasted like a Philly cheesesteak. I would highly recommend this place. I had the chicken fried steak, with baked potato.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank FedUp2000
Plantersville, Texas
“Love the sausage and kolaches”
Reviewed 1 March 2013

As a dining establishment, the food is average- the sausage sandwiches for breakfast and hamburgers/ onion rings are pretty standard fare. The service is friendly and fast. The reason I drive out of my way to go to Zabcikville is for the sausage and kolaches available in the small general store and meat market attached to the restaurant. The only way I can get better sausage and kolaches is to make them myself- both items are very labor-intensive and I can just walk into Green's and get excellent quality products without the labor-- prices are very good too!

• Visited February 2013
Magnolia, Arkansas
“Beer Battered Onion Rings!!”
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Stopped and ate here on the advice of a friend,who is a local. Loved the burger and beer battered onion rings!! The sausage-(jalapeno &cheese) is by far the BEST I have ever had!! Will definetly be back!!

• Visited February 2013
Temple, Texas
“Taking the Boss to lunch!”
Reviewed 16 November 2012

You can really never take the Boss to lunch, He pays for all to eat. The food, the cafe style service and the side room with the cookies make this the place to go for a good lunch!!!