“BUGS and the rudest customer service!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Temple

Residence Inn Temple
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Temple
Upper Arlington, Ohio
“BUGS and the rudest customer service!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

We arrived to a wonderful woman who greeted us and gave us a great room location. Upon bringing up all our luggage for our trip to our room I went to use the restroom and the bathtub was COVERED IN BUGS (looked to be fleas or knats) not to mention the ants all over the bathroom floor. So she gave us a new room which is located right beside the elevator. I got ZERO sleep that night to wake up and do a full days work! I went down to the desk and explained how we had to change rooms and our new room all you heard all night long was the dinging of the elevator and loud people. The older gentleman with white hair was very rude and condescending. He actually told me there was nothing he could do and if I called on Monday I could speak to a manager!!!! Our reservation was for the weekend leaving on Sunday, so that was useless. He then called our room and told me that the holiday inn next door had room and he would be happy to go ahead and check us out!!!! Mind you we were therefor a wedding and needing our room to get ready. We advised after becalmed again not to check us out as we really didn't have the time to switch hotels and get ready for the wedding. He then called a third time now offering to switch us rooms after he already told me there was nothing he could do and there was no rooms!!! We only stayed the second night out of pure convenience! I've never met a more rude and condescending customer service rep in my life. I would never stay here again or recommend it to anyone. Not to mention the mattress in the second room was disgusting and slept fully clothed for fear of bed bugs!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Abbi B, Owner at Residence Inn Temple, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Dear Mrs. Chapman,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences and lack of service you experienced during your stay. I can assure you this is not the norm. The health, safety, and comfort of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations. We work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. Rest assured, your comments have been reviewed with our staff and the situation has been addressed. Thank you again for your feedback and if your travels bring you back to Temple, TX we do hope that you will give us another try.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
The Woodlands, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

We stayed here for a softball tournament and it was very close to everything. Entrance to the hotel was not very visible. If you didn't see it quick enough you would miss it. The hotel was clean as well as the rooms. Love the kitchen. The breakfast was very good and a variety of hot food. The rooms AC was great but only goes to 65 and if you put it to 70 the heat comes on. The check in lady was not to friendly and the first night we stayed the extra blanket in the closet was damp and smelled like chlorine. I called the front desk and the guy there said he can not leave the front desk until 11 when someone else were to be there. My girls needed to go to bed before that. I had to keep calling him and finally he said he will call me back and see if he can find someone to get a new blanket. I told him if he cant leave the front desk I can get it just show me where it is. He finally found someone and when the guy delivered the blanket to my room he said the front desk person was just lazy. They had NO extra pillows.... So don't ask. Oh! and they don't have an ice maker for sports teams they said use your fridge. The other staff was ok to deal with. I recommend staying here since the hotel is clean and the breakfast is good they just have to staff the hotel with more people and friendlier people.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Wylie, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

Room on the first floor was clean, as was the whole hotel. It smelled good! We loved the staff and the other small touches such as the jar of peppermints on the table. It was a thoughtfully managed hotel -- the kind of place we could have stayed for a week. We're usually not sad to leave a hotel, but we were this time. The breakfast was just fine. Parking was no problem for us. We have other family business in Temple later in the summer and we'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: We've only stayed on the first floor but it was nice. And not noisy.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

Our top criteria was met: CLEAN.
Our top corner suite was spacious and well maintained. It included a kitchen with 4 full sized appliances,tiled floor and granite counter tops. Service was very good. Breakfast is well above average. Clean, on site laundry rooms were welcome. Micro convenience store also handy. Wi-Fi included. Nice pool and exercise room. Only significant drawback was that we found the mattress a little hard though we were told it's medium. Preference. Liner and sheets came off easily during sleep. This is a perfect stay for families.

Room Tip: It was very quite at the end of the hall.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

average hotel. my room could have used a bit of updating. carpet was a bit old and couch was dirty. would stay here again, but I'd ask for a newer/cleaner room. staff was friendly and helpful. hotel was very busy and parking was a challenge

Room Tip: do not get a room on the freeway side of the hotel, it is very loud
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

I really like this hotel.. It's very clean and comfortable the staff is very professional and helpful!! Mrs.Schenun at the front desk is so sweet and lively!' we are coming back to Temple later this year and I will definately try to stay here again!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Venice, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

We always stay at Marriott properties as our first choice. This hotel is okay but there are some downfalls.

Noise from upper floor because parents cannot control their kids.
Pets... I have allergies and waking the first morning it was obvious there had been pets in the room... eyes were swollen and sinus was a mess... though I could not smell an animal.

Nice testing of the fire alarm... when it went off I thought I would come out of the chair.... NO WARNING from front desk and checked in about 30 minutes prior.

Asked front desk clert a question and she said she would check and call me back.... never did and it was a question about Marriott properties.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple