“Loved it..upon check-out I asked if I could move in!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Temple

Residence Inn Temple
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Temple
Fort Worth, TX
“Loved it..upon check-out I asked if I could move in!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

I LOVE Marriott, but this was my first time staying at a Residence Inn. Check-in took less than 5 minutes. The front desk clerk was friendly and informative. The open concept of the room helped make the room very spacious! The room was clean and I was blown away by the kitchen! Full size refrigerator (pitcher inside), stove top on counter, microwave, dishwasher. Toaster in the cabinet along with dishes and cooking utensils (spatulas,knives) and an assortment of tableware. A pot & pan, dish soap, dish rag and a roll of paper towels under the sink. The granite countertops added a very nice touch. The bed & sofa bed were comfortable, we found linens for the sofa bed in the closet. Bathroom sink was separate from the shower. I found the hair dryer in the cabinet under the sink, along with an extra box of kleenex & roll of toilet paper under there too. They provided Paul Mitchell shampoo & conditioner. I had never experienced such amazing hot breakfast! Scrambled eggs (salsa & shredded cheese was available), potatoes, French toast, pancakes, sausage patties & links. An assortment of cereal. Oatmeal (not the envelopes that you make yourself) they had a lot of extras available to put in your oatmeal. I put walnuts, brown sugar & cinnamon in mine. I made myself a waffle and drizzled strawberries on top along with whipped topping (from a can) blueberries were also available. I really enjoyed the strawberry yogurt parfait that was topped with granola. I saw apples, not sure of there was other fresh fruit available? I really enjoyed the tasty orange juice. My husband enjoyed the exercise room, they had towels available in there. The pool looked really nice (3' & 5' deep) they had towels available in the pool area. I've stayed at a lot of hotels, but this one had the best amenities ever!

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Abbi B, Owner at Residence Inn Temple, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Thank you for sharing your positive views regarding your stay with us, we are pleased to hear everything went great during your visit. I will share your comments with my team so we can continue to provide a high level of satisfaction for our guests. We hope to have you as our guest again in the future if you are in the area. Please contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Lodi, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

Last week, my husband had to go to town on business. Our 6 year old son and I decided to visit and make a family vacation out of it. Our most important want was an outdoor pool....given that it was Texas in August. Well, we were disappointed to find that the pool was out of commission most of the time we were there. Apparently they had to do a lot of chemical treatment. Regardless, it leaves for a very disappointed 6 year old when he is spending his vacation cooped up in a hotel room. After 2 days, we decided to checkout early and go to the Hilton. We didn't get an outdoor pool, but we did get a pool that was open.

As far as the property goes, it is pretty. There isn't much at all by this location, so don't go there if you don't have a car to get around. There is pretty much nothing within walking distance. The rooms were nice, but the tub was dirty. The breakfast, although free, was one of the worst I have ever had in a hotel.

Staff was nice.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Abbi B, Owner at Residence Inn Temple, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. We want our guests to have the best stay possible with every visit. I am sorry that was not the case during your recent stay. I apologize for the frustration you experienced and that your stay did not meet your expectations. I extend my apologies about the pool not being open during certain hours. Every week for the safety of our guest we conduct chemical checks and treatments to ensure the water is at the optimal balance for guests to have a safe and enjoyable swimming experience. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the future for your lodging needs if you are in the area.
Upper Arlington, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

We arrived to a wonderful woman who greeted us and gave us a great room location. Upon bringing up all our luggage for our trip to our room I went to use the restroom and the bathtub was COVERED IN BUGS (looked to be fleas or knats) not to mention the ants all over the bathroom floor. So she gave us a new room which is located right beside the elevator. I got ZERO sleep that night to wake up and do a full days work! I went down to the desk and explained how we had to change rooms and our new room all you heard all night long was the dinging of the elevator and loud people. The older gentleman with white hair was very rude and condescending. He actually told me there was nothing he could do and if I called on Monday I could speak to a manager!!!! Our reservation was for the weekend leaving on Sunday, so that was useless. He then called our room and told me that the holiday inn next door had room and he would be happy to go ahead and check us out!!!! Mind you we were therefor a wedding and needing our room to get ready. We advised after becalmed again not to check us out as we really didn't have the time to switch hotels and get ready for the wedding. He then called a third time now offering to switch us rooms after he already told me there was nothing he could do and there was no rooms!!! We only stayed the second night out of pure convenience! I've never met a more rude and condescending customer service rep in my life. I would never stay here again or recommend it to anyone. Not to mention the mattress in the second room was disgusting and slept fully clothed for fear of bed bugs!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Abbi B, Owner at Residence Inn Temple, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Dear Mrs. Chapman,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences and lack of service you experienced during your stay. I can assure you this is not the norm. The health, safety, and comfort of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations. We work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. Rest assured, your comments have been reviewed with our staff and the situation has been addressed. Thank you again for your feedback and if your travels bring you back to Temple, TX we do hope that you will give us another try.
The Woodlands, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

We stayed here for a softball tournament and it was very close to everything. Entrance to the hotel was not very visible. If you didn't see it quick enough you would miss it. The hotel was clean as well as the rooms. Love the kitchen. The breakfast was very good and a variety of hot food. The rooms AC was great but only goes to 65 and if you put it to 70 the heat comes on. The check in lady was not to friendly and the first night we stayed the extra blanket in the closet was damp and smelled like chlorine. I called the front desk and the guy there said he can not leave the front desk until 11 when someone else were to be there. My girls needed to go to bed before that. I had to keep calling him and finally he said he will call me back and see if he can find someone to get a new blanket. I told him if he cant leave the front desk I can get it just show me where it is. He finally found someone and when the guy delivered the blanket to my room he said the front desk person was just lazy. They had NO extra pillows.... So don't ask. Oh! and they don't have an ice maker for sports teams they said use your fridge. The other staff was ok to deal with. I recommend staying here since the hotel is clean and the breakfast is good they just have to staff the hotel with more people and friendlier people.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Wylie, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

Room on the first floor was clean, as was the whole hotel. It smelled good! We loved the staff and the other small touches such as the jar of peppermints on the table. It was a thoughtfully managed hotel -- the kind of place we could have stayed for a week. We're usually not sad to leave a hotel, but we were this time. The breakfast was just fine. Parking was no problem for us. We have other family business in Temple later in the summer and we'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: We've only stayed on the first floor but it was nice. And not noisy.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

Our top criteria was met: CLEAN.
Our top corner suite was spacious and well maintained. It included a kitchen with 4 full sized appliances,tiled floor and granite counter tops. Service was very good. Breakfast is well above average. Clean, on site laundry rooms were welcome. Micro convenience store also handy. Wi-Fi included. Nice pool and exercise room. Only significant drawback was that we found the mattress a little hard though we were told it's medium. Preference. Liner and sheets came off easily during sleep. This is a perfect stay for families.

Room Tip: It was very quite at the end of the hall.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

average hotel. my room could have used a bit of updating. carpet was a bit old and couch was dirty. would stay here again, but I'd ask for a newer/cleaner room. staff was friendly and helpful. hotel was very busy and parking was a challenge

Room Tip: do not get a room on the freeway side of the hotel, it is very loud
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family