“Great Place for Temple”

Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Temple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great Place for Temple”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed 2 days here because they had a pool. The outdoor pool is nice. I never found the spa even though I would not have used it. They have obviously recently refurbished the rooms. They look great. The staff in the lobby and breakfast area are terrific. I liked that the coffee was always ready. Some hotels you have to wait until the 7am breakfast time to get coffee. Not here. The overnight guy makes sure it is full and fresh.(I am up at 5). Overall this is a very good hotel. They do need to work on cleanliness. The mens room had a soiled toilet for more than 24 hours telling me they don't clean it. The shower in the room had mold on the caulking. There was obvious signs of poor dusting etc. A stellar cleaning crew moves this hotel from a 3 star to a 4 star.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cbufis
Abbi B, Owner at Residence Inn Temple, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
We want our guests to have the best possible visit on each stay; everything should meet or exceed your expectations. I am happy to hear you had some good experiences but sad to hear there were also areas of concern. We will work on improving the areas of concern and we hope you will give us another chance if your travels bring you back to this area. If I can be of any further assistance please contact me.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My husband and I were so impressed by this hotel! Our stay was as good, if not better, as it has been at hotels costing 3-4X this much.

We arrived late, around 11 p.m., after a long day of driving across the state and dancing all night at a friend's wedding nearby. Check-in was quick, and we were in our room within five minutes. The two gentlemen at the front desk were very nice and helpful, giving us their names and telling us to call if we needed anything.

The room was very large, clean and well appointed. All the furnishings looked brand new or close to it. The kitchen included a full-size fridge/freezer, microwave, coffee maker, dual-burner electric range, large sink and dishwasher. In the cabinets we found a few pots/pans and several cooking utensils; silverware, dishes and mugs for 4 or 5 people; and plenty of dish soap. There was a nice breakfast bar/island with two bar stools for dining, where the coffee accouterments were located (as well as a bag of microwave popcorn!). We didn't do any cooking during our stay but it looked like the kitchen was stocked with everything you would need for a quick meal.

The king bed was great for both me and my husband, not too soft and not too firm, and had plenty of pillows and soft linens. We liked the way you could turn the TV to face either the "living room" or the "bedroom." The bathroom was Jack-and-Jill-style, so the sink was located outside and the toilet & tub/shower combo were in a separate room. Across from the sink was a large closet with full-sized mirror (and good lighting!) where I was able to sit on the floor and put on my makeup while watching TV (one of my favorite ways to get ready for the day).

We didn't use the sofa bed, but our friends who were also staying at the hotel claimed it was very comfortable as far as pull-out couches go, and said that their room still felt spacious even with 4 people sleeping in it.

Breakfast was really good, much better than the typical continental breakfasts you get at most less expensive hotels. In fact, my husband and I had planned to go out for breakfast until we took a peek at the selection, which made us change our minds. There was a waffle bar, oatmeal station with plenty of fixins' (brown sugar, cinnamon, craisins, blueberries, and nuts), assorted fruits and yogurts, pastries and breads (with butter, jellies, peanut butter, cream cheese, etc.), as well as a juice and coffee bar. The hot buffet section included scrambled eggs, sausage patties and breakfast potatoes, among other items, which were very fresh and looked as if they are replenished frequently throughout the morning. Again, very impressed.

The fitness center looked nice and the machines appeared to be new, though we didn't use them (hey, we are on vacation!) The only possible negative about this hotel is that it did not have a hot tub. Other than that, the pool and surrounding lounge area was very clean and relaxing. The pool did have a "whirlpool" feature, which we found out was just a couple of jets, but we would have really loved a hot tub, though its absence didn't detract from our stay. Anyway, if we are in the Temple area again we will absolutely stay at this hotel!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Abbi B, Owner at Residence Inn Temple, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
We appreciate the glowing comments you gave our hotel on your recent visit. Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your travels, there are many choices in the area and we appreciate your business. If I can be of any assistance on a future trip please contact me directly
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Spent three nights at the Residence recently while on business in the area. Property appears to be an older Residence that sits very close to an interstate but there was actually little highway noise even though I had a room facing the road. Parts of the hotel had a bit of a funky / musty smell. The room was large and clean but the sofa had a few stains and looked like it was past its prime. Bit of a loud and annoying AC unit but not to the point of asking to switch to a new room, I just got used to it. Good and different breakfast selections each day. OK fitness facility, there is also a new Gold's Gym within walking distance which I believe guests may use.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank drivesouth66
Abbi B, Owner at Residence Inn Temple, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Wharton, Texas
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We spent the night of April 15 at the Residence Inn in Temple. I believe this was our 3rd or 4th stay over the past 3 or 4 years. We arrived late in the evening and the desk clerk was ready for us and had us checked in quickly, probably in only a minute or two.
The room was very clean, neat, quiet, and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was well-prepared, the selection good, and tasty.
My only complaint was the cost. The room rate was $169 and with tax totaled 190.97. We were in the room from about 10:30pm to 9:00am the next morning. It seemed high to me. Still, I will probably return in the future.

Room Tip: We were on the Interstate 35 side of the building and did not notice any highway noise. The place w...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Abbi B, Owner at Residence Inn Temple, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
We are so glad that you chose to stay with us during your trip and for taking the time to share your experience with the traveling public. We thank you sincerely for your continued loyalty to the hotel. We are happy to hear that we met your needs during your stay and we hope you have another opportunity to book with us again in the future. If I can be of any assistance on a future trip please let me know.
Coppell
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

The air conditioner in the room I was initially given was glitchy and did not come on. The staff moved me right away to another room. The second room was fine and about what was expected for a Residence Inn. The workout room was adequate and the free breakfast pretty good. The construction along the highway made it a challenge finding a break in the traffic to get out during rush hour.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank NaturalizedTexan
Abbi B, Owner at Residence Inn Temple, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you for sharing your views online regarding your visit, both positive and negative comments are appreciated. It gives us an opportunity to evaluate where we are doing well and where we need to improve. I’m sorry to hear your total experience was not up to our high standard. We had our engineer check the A/C in the first room not sure if the senor was just in the glitch but the A/C came on just fine. We are hopeful that the highway construction will be completed soon. I will make sure that this feedback is given to my team so we can work on improving. We hope your travels bring you back into the area and that you will choose to stay with us again.
Near Atlanta
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Room was awesome, but...The young guy who checked us in had purple hair (to match his outfit) and earrings. I'm old school and and strongly believe that J.W. Marriott should require his frontline employees to represent a professional rather than a nightclub appearance.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Abbi B, Owner at Residence Inn Temple, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, we appreciate both the positive and negative reviews. Guest feedback is one of our key resources to improving guest satisfaction. You can be assured that this will be posted on the employee bulletin board for all to see. We can assure you we will go over our expectations from a uniform standpoint and appearance. We want everyone on our team to be aware of negative issues experienced by our guests. This way we can all work on improving. If I can be of further assistance please contact me.
Bedford, Texas
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We were staying here on the way to the Austin F1, so arrived fairly late, and left early, so our experience of the hotel was limited. That said, the service was very courteous and friendly, and the room, although quite dated, was large, with a full kitchen and Paul Mitchell toiletries (better than you get at most Marriotts!).

The only weird thing about the hotel is it's location, and it might just be my navigation system, but to get to it when heading south, you take a strange route through a residential area, and then a backlot to actually get to the hotel. It works, and I guess it saves heading a long way down the highway to do a u-turn.

The gym is fairly small, but modern, and is 24/7. We didn't stay for the breakfast, but all the public areas are nice enough, again, slightly dated, but still clean and well maintained.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Abbi B, Owner at Residence Inn Temple, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts online and thank you for the ringing endorsement of the property. We certainly hope next time you might have more time in the Temple area. I hope the Austin F1 race was great time! We hope to have you as our guest again in the future. Don’t hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of further assistance on a future stay at our hotel.