“Very quiet and comfortable”

Holiday Inn Temple- Belton
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Temple
Texas
“Very quiet and comfortable”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We stayed here two weeks ago when we were in town for a funeral. We usually stay at another hotel in Temple, but it was full, so we gave the Holiday Inn a try. It was very clean, quiet, and comfortable. We needed two rooms near each other, and we needed to extend our checkout time to 1 p.m. instead of noon, and the staff was very helpful with this. The rooms are very large and the beds are extremely comfortable. We slept very well. The reason I gave it four stars instead of five is that the breakfast buffet is rather pricey. (I believe it was $10.50 per person.) We chose to have breakfast at the nearby Cracker Barrel, and the four of us had a nice breakfast for about 2/3 the cost. All things considered, I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
HITempleBelton, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Temple- Belton, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear jgt63,
Thank you for giving Holiday Inn Temple a try! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, although I am sorry that you were visiting under those circumstances. Thank you for the kind comments on the hotel appearance and our staff members ability to meet your needs. Please keep in mind for your next visit that not only do we have a buffet, but also a full breakfast menu that includes pancakes, waffles, steak & eggs, omelets, oatmeal, French toast, bagels, and much more at comparable prices to the area. I have forwarded your review to the staff so that they are aware of your wonderful comments, and I have informed them to make every guest aware that not only do we have the buffet option, but also a full breakfast menu (options starting at 4.99). We hope you stay again when you are in town!
Happy New Year,
Cathryn Vacca
Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Stayed at this wonderful hotel late Saturday night (weekend of the Formula One race in Austin).... At first I was a bit worried because it was rather warm in the hotel... even the Night Manager was warm... but rest assured, the issue was fixed pronto and never was an issue the rest of the stay. The room was clean... the staff was great. The staff was so nice, they even let me meet a few clients in the restaurant area even though it wasn't really 'opened'. They went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable. I had an awesome chicken breast salad (I think it was a Santa Fe type salad)... I would eat there again... The hotel was easy to get to, ample parking and they are currently building a Golden Corral next door that could possibly hurt the great restaurant, but will offer another convenient option for meals for the guests.

Room Tip: Use the Midway exit if coming from south side of I35
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
HITempleBelton, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Temple- Belton, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Samantha H,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Temple/Belton for your stay in November. I have forwarded your review to our staff, and they appreciate all of your wonderful comments about them. I am very pleased to hear that you feel the staff went out of their way. We strive to give the best possible service in the area, and I am happy to hear that we exceeded expectations. I hope that we have the chance to serve you again in the future.

Happy Holidays,

Cathryn Vacca
Guest Relations Manager
Holiday Inn Temple/Belton
(254)778-5511
Humble, Texas
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I needed to be in the area for my daughters volleyball game. Many hotels in the area had sketchy reviews but reviews for this Holiday Inn were good so I thought I'd try it. The staff was friendly and the hotel was clean. My room was larger than I expected and was spotless. The restaurant was surprisingly very good and the servers were friendly and attentive. I would definitely return to this hotel if in the area and would highly recommend it to travelers.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
HITempleBelton, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Temple- Belton, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Traci S, Thank you for your stay at Holiday Inn Temple! I am very happy to hear that we could accommodate you for your daughters volleyball game. Thank you for your compliments on our restaurant and restaurant staff, your comments have been forwarded to them. We hope to see you again for any visits to Temple/Belton area.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Attractive & relatively new property that looked nice, and the bed was comfortable. It sits on the service road if I-35; and I was concerned about the highway noise, although it was noticeable but not too bad. Exercise room was primitive and with cheap machines. The worst part was their breakfast. The breakfast buffet offering (no pastry, muffin, waffle, granola or bagel) was not only worse than what Hampton Inn and Hyatt Place offer, but also they charged you for it. They ran out of coffee; and by the time it came we already finished our food and the our waitress never refilled it either. Won't be back here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Temple- Belton, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
Dear JPDallas,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We would like to apologize you were not satisfied with our Fitness Center and our breakfast selections fell below your expectations. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest services are superior and strive to be the best hotel around. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
San Antonio
Reviewed 7 September 2013

The rooms are great like most of the ihgroup hotels but the food in their little restaurant is excellent and well priced. Happy hour on hump day is very welcoming with some great snacks while you unwind. Service was very friendly and helpful. Excellent stay!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank bjjohn
Dear Bjjohn, Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Temple for your stay in August. We appreciate the compliments to our restaurant staff and food choices. We hope to accommodate you again during future stays.
Conroe
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I've been involved in a long tern government project in the Temple area over the past couple of years which has required numerous overnight stays in Temple. The management/staff at this facility have gone out of their way to accommodate my many needs. This hotel is very clean, the restaurant serves a good breakfast, and I highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Matt W
HITempleBelton, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Temple- Belton, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you for your review and stay here at the Holiday Inn Temple. Your compliments have been forwarded to the appropriate departments at the property, and the staff is pleased to hear you enjoyed your time here. We hope to serve you again in future stays.
midlothian tx
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I am a business traveler. I stay in hotels 2-3 nights a week. This hotels is great. The Front desk personal is awesome. The restaurant is very good. The rooms are always super clean. It is on the frontage road of I35. It is very easy to find and get in and out of. I would diffidently suggest this hotel to others needing a place to stay in the Temple - Belton area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kelli D
Thank your for your stay with us here at Holiday Inn Temple/Belton. I have forwarded your comments to the Front Desk Staff and they appreciate the compliments you gave them. We hope to serve you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Temple
Hilton Garden Inn Temple
Residence Inn Temple
Residence Inn Temple
#10 of 24 in Temple
La Quinta Inn & Suites Belton - Temple South

Been to Holiday Inn Temple- Belton? Share your experiences!