Big Bend Resort And Adventures
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Terlingua
See available hotels
Mission Lodge(Terlingua)
Badlands(Terlingua)
El Dorado Hotel(Terlingua)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsconvenience storemotor innstate parkchisos basinwest entrancebeautiful sceneryhot showerterlingua ghost townafter a long daystarlight theaterdakotafmhooklaundromatlaundryremotenessroomy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 June 2014

As others have pointed out, there aren't a ton of options near Big Bend, especially if you are traveling with a dog (suggestion - don't bring a dog to Big Bend, they aren't allowed on most trails in the national park or state park). This is a 1950s-style motel, and I was in the even older-looking building across the street from the main lodge - the room was surface clean-ish (def not deep clean, the dog had a field day sniffing around), but the bed was comfortable enough and the room was warm, so fine for one night. But honestly, next time I'm in Big Bend, I'll probably camp (or splurge and stay at La Posada Milagro, which looked lovely).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank ElleinLA
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I recognized when I booked it that it was, at best, a mediocre motel. However, since the Lodge and everything else in Terlingua was booked there was little choice. If you look at the picture gallery you see an older style motel with a covered porch/deck. What you DON'T see is the property across the street (fondly labeled 'the dump'). It's obviously an older run-down property (probably used to be another motel). There are no 'porches', and the gravel/dirt parking goes right up to the doorways which are baking in the sun as there is no covering whatsoever. . The rooms are small, dingy and dark. I didn't expect 500 thread-count sheets and down pillows but I did expect something resembling an attempt to make the customers somewhat comfortable. The pillows had to be at least 5 years old, they were so thin and 'squashed'. We asked for extra pillows and the lady behind the desk very grudgingly gave us some after telling us to bring them back to the desk before we checked out. (we later nicknamed her 'grumpy lady'). The sheets and towels were equally thin and worn. To even get ice you have to walk across the parking area, across the street and to the other part of the motel (and by the way the area where you can get ice is locked after 10). The dump did at one time have a lobby which is now closed and locked. Why not put an ice machine and a couple of chairs in there? I feel that they know they have a captive audience (Terlingua is not overcrowded with motels) so why bother to make an effort.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, make sure your room is in the main part.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank gmac66
bbra1, General Manager at Big Bend Resort And Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

I am very sorry for your stay, it might be noted that this is the least expensive motel in the area. However we would love to have you come back and try our main rooms. If you will be so kind as to contact me I will be glad to try and make this stay right, Larry Staton 432-294-0055.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Compared to other properties in Terlingua, this appeared to be the best. There are few options to choose from, given the remoteness of the area, and the other ones we considered online and saw in person were worse in terms of upkeep. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms are basic but neat. There are no TV's but some rooms have microwaves and small refrigerators. There is a small gift shop, camp store, gas station and diner on site, which is handy. Their "sister" property, Chisos Basin Lodge, which is located inside of Big Bend National Park has similar rooms but much better dining and views, but it is often booked far advance.

Room Tip: The least expensive rooms are quite small. Our king-bed room included a microwave and refrigerator, unbeknownst to us when we booked the room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KarenPhD

Thank you so much for your review and we hope you will come back and visit us. Please let me know, I would love to meet you.
Larry
Staton

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

We ended up spending the night here because of under planning our stay in Big Bend.
It was old and unclean. I can do old but dirty I cannot do. We stayed out as late as we could and left as early as we could.
The beds were uncomfortable.
The room was very crowded with no, NO bathroom space. It was like taking a step back in time,circa 1970. Bring your can of Lysol if you do stay.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Greg G
bbra1, General Manager at Big Bend Resort And Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

I am very sorry about your stay, I can only hope you would give us another chance. I agree about being out dated , however you are the second review this month about not being clean. If you had contacted the desk we would have been glad to change rooms, refund or help you find another motel.
We are not new, but we do pride our selves on clean rooms.
Larry Staton GM

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Somehow I ended up booking this property through NATIONAL PARKS RESERVATIONS as an online booking (linked to the property's web page). THEY CHARGED 10% OF OUR TOTAL ESTIMATED ROOM COST JUST TO BOOK. For two rooms, 4 nights this came to be $86.00 - just to book it. I have tried to dispute this, but got caught in the fine print.

Other than that, I agree with Steve J that this property was "perfect (fine) for what we needed." The property was clean and the rooms, although older, well maintained. The staff was friendly and helpful. We didn't have a problem with noise. The waitress at the cafe next door was always welcoming and helpful with breakfast. She made our stay one of the more enjoyable I've had in a while. We thoroughly loved the area and would consider staying here again - just book by phone.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank louisedla

Thank you very much for your response. Very sorry about your problem with NPR. They are not part of our company, however by having the name they use almost all national park properties are signed up with them. We also pay a percentage for each reservation.
We do hope you will come back and stay with us and please call direct.
Thanks