“All king rooms are set up with very low furniture for wheelchairs according to front desk”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Terrell
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Terrell
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Disappointing. I checked in to my $129/night king room (Room 201) only to find that it was apparently a wheelchair room with very low furniture -- low dresser, low toilet, etc. I called the front desk and politely asked for new room. Justin first told me that he would switch me to a new room, but then told me that this was the normal setup for king rooms and that all other rooms would be the same. So, according to the front desk, all king rooms at this hotel are wheelchair rooms. Very disappointing, especially for $129/night. I won't stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Miguel A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Terrell, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Good morning AMGSTL,
First let me thank you on the behalf of myself and team for choosing the Holiday Inn Express& Suites as your hotel of choice for your stay here in Terrell. I apologize that you got the only KNGN left in inventory for that day and that it was an accessible king room. I would like you to know not all of the rooms set up are the same, your room was a accessible king room type, but all king room are not set up in that manner. AMGSTL, you just got the last room available in the king room inventory, which happened to be a accessible room. Please the next time you are in the area, or make another reservation with an IHG property just specify in your reservation no accessible room and the hotel will do their best to accommodate based on availability that day. Thank you again for your valued comments and this will only make up better for you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Loved that the staff was so enthusiastic about the pillows. My daughter and I were passing through late at night. After standing at the desk of the place next door, we headed over here and were not disappointed. Indeed the pillows were heaven and we slept like angels.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Miguel A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Terrell, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Good afternoon KathrynTN,
First, on the behalf of myself and my team thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Express&Suites as your Hotel of choice during your stay. We get so excited when our valued guests share their feedback and especially when they expectations are met. I am so glad you made the trip over and got to enjoy a wonderful night of rest on our lovely pillows. Thank you so much and I will make sure that all of my housekeeping team read your letter and thank you again for choosing our IHG Brands of Hotels as your choice of Hotels. We look forward to seeing you and your daugther again very soon.
Carthage, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Very nice HI Express. The hotel was adjacent to great shopping, dining, and just 30 minutes from the Canton Trades Days. Check-in went very well with Sara being very helpful. The room was roomy, clean, and the breakfast was above average. We had a problem with noise from the room above us, but the night clerk (Robert I think) promptly helped out successfully. Nice stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Good afternoon Kirk B.,
First, on the behalf of myself and my team, we would like to thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Express &Suites as your hotel of stay for your accoomdations. We get so excited about hearing valuable feedback from our guests, especially from our guests who expectations were met. Kirk B., I will make sure that every person you mention in your comment will be told and your comments shared. Once again thanks for your valued feedback and the next Canton weekend you attend please come by and stay again with us.
Waco, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Just stayed here for a quick over night stay but what we experienced was nice. Location good. Pool was small but nice and warm, hot tub hot. Rooms were adequate. Breakfast was good: quick made pancakes, omelette, sausage, coffee, juices and more. Price was average. Would stay again if in the area again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Miguel A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Terrell, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Good afternoon Traveler254_12,
First let me thank you on behalf of myself and my team for staying at our Holiday Inn Express& Suites in Terrell. We get so excited to hear back from our guests and especially when their expectations are met and their stay was enjoyable. Thank you so much for your valuable feedback, I will make sure all of my team are aware of your comments, because your comments not only help us improve, but let other potential guests know about our property. So, again thank you for staying with us and choosing the IHG Brand of Hotels as your hotel choice of stay.
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

This was an excellent hotel to stay in. The room was very nice and the young man at the desk was very friendly and most helpful. The lady attending the breakfast area was very nice and accommodating. We will definitely stay here again. Thy also quickly honored the coupon we had from the Texas travel stop

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Miguel A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Terrell, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Good morning Kelly b,
Thank you so much on the behalf of our myself and team, for the valued feedback about our hotel property and staff. We get so excited to receive guest feedback, especially when they have and fantastic time and enjoyed themselves while staying with us. I will make sure all of my team reads this email and the breakfast attendant is informed of your valued comments. Please feel free to come back as many times as you like and thank you for choosing our IHG Brand of Hotels as your hotel of your choice during your travels.
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Very nice. The young man at the desk was very friendly and helpful. We had a coupon from one of the rest area pamphlets, so got a great rate. We walked over to the Silver Saloon for a tasty burger and listened to the band for awhile. All good. The bed was comfortable, bathroom clean, etc. we saw people in the pool and that area also looked clean and well attended. The breakfast area was clean and attractive. We were early but the lady on duty got us a couple delicious cinnamon rolls and hot coffee before we left. Would highly recommend.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Miguel A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Terrell, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Good evening Linder2,
Thank you for your valued feedback to our hotel. On the behalf of myself and my team here at the Holiday Inn Express& Suites in Terrell, we want to thank you for staying with us and choosing our IHG Brand of Hotels for your hotel of choice. We get so excited to hear back from our guests and wanted to make sure you knew we appreicate your feedback. We are so glad the little one had a great time at their birthday party and the next time you are here in the area, please stop by and say hello.
Alabama, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

We were stuck in a freak ice storm driving from Dallas to Alabama and had to pull off the road. Alex was great in getting us a room quickly to get us out of the cold!!! We pulled up and there were 3 cars - an hour later they seemed to be a full house!! Our room was spacious and clean- the kids were very impressed!! :) The beds were comfortable and we all slept well, and the indoor pool was a nice treat after being cooped up in the car. It is also conveniently located to different food options. They ran out of towels and hot water for a bit but we knew to be patient as they surely weren't expecting to be at full capacity on a random Monday. Also the people upstairs were overly rambunctious but the staff was quick to get them to quiet down once we called as bedtime rolled around. I would definitely stay here again if I was in the area,

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Miguel A, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Terrell, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Hello angela619,
I am so glad we were able to assist during the ice storm and I am extremely happy you and your family felt our property met your expectations. We love to hear all feedback from our guests, and especially when they had a great stay with us. This let me know as well as other guests how you enjoyed your stay with us. And the next time you and your family are in the area, please come by and say hello. Once again, thank you on the behalf of myself and my team.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Terrell
La Quinta Inn Terrell
Super 8 Terrell
Super 8 Terrell
#7 of 8 in Terrell
Hilton Dallas / Rockwall Lakefront

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Terrell? Share your experiences!