“The worst stay ever!!!”

Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Texarkana
Dallas
“The worst stay ever!!!”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

When I came upon the hotel I figured out why it was so cheap. The location was where it seem to be a violent area. As I walked in to check in my lungs were filled with odor of smoke. I could not breathe due to the strong odor. I did not feel safe at the hotel because of some guest that were roaming the hallways. As I was going to lay down for a nap, I spotted stains on the sheets. When the housekeeper came to change them, she gave me an attitude saying, "I didnt clean this room so I didnt do this." She startled my niece that was with me and I was like "Ok?" The pool was very deceiving from our room. It looked very nice and cleaned from our room but when we got in it, it was a whole different story.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

EileenP368, Manager at Howard Johnson Texarkana, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Thank you for your response. I am pleased to say the hotel is currently going through renovations. We welcome you to come back and see the changes we are making.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Porter
Reviewed 10 July 2013

The price was great, The people was very nice. Room was not ready at check in time, had to wait. Strange people hanging around in the parking area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Carrboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 June 2013

This property has some of the lowest rates in Texarkana (especially on Priceline) but there's nothing wrong with at all. It's on State Line Avenue just off I-30 among lots of other motels and chain restaurants, and it could definitely use a makeover. But staff was friendly and helpful, the room was large and quiet, wifi worked, the furnishings seemed a bit tired but adequate, with a nice desk chair, microwave, and fridge. Free breakfast was nothing special, though. I'd agree with the reviewer who said "you get what pay for" here.

Room Tip: Third floor is most quiet and have best views, and are accessible by elevator.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Rogers, Arkansas
Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

I would like to start by evening desks girl is so friendly and helpful. She answered all my questions that was willing to point me in the right direction for places to go. the room is very clean the bed with clean. the parking lot was well lit. I got my money's worth for 45 bucks

• Stayed June 2013
Pasadena
Reviewed 12 June 2013

The receptionist staff was pleasant. However when I reserved the room, I asked if we could have two Queen size beds. The beds were 2 full size beds which made our sleeping uncomfortable. Customers should be provided the correct information.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Texarkana
Wyndham Garden Texarkana
#15 of 19 in Texarkana
Knights Inn Texarkana
Knights Inn Texarkana
#14 of 17 in Texarkana

Been to Howard Johnson Texarkana? Share your experiences!