“Pretty good for overnight stay.”

Howard Johnson Texarkana
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Texarkana
Indianapolis
“Pretty good for overnight stay.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

This property is outdated. Some paint is peeling in the room. Not tomall arebad for an overnight stay. Flying gnats were in the room. seemed clean enough. There were no bed bugs visible. Breakfast could use an update as well. Decent restaurants and the mall are about1 1/2 - 2 miles away.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Nashville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

This was by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Filthy is an understatement. The bathroom floors look they they haven't been mopped in years, the previously white grout is now a dingy black, stains on sheets, stains on furniture, broken a/c nobs so you can't control the temperature of the room, holes in comforter, cigarette burns all over curtains and bed even though they claimed it was a "non-smoking" room. As if all of that wasn't already bad enough we were given damp towels with long black hairs all over them! That's a health risk I couldn't believe they had the nerve to give dirty towels to guests! When we brought this to the managers attention he refused to refund us our money. Do not stay here whatever you do it's disgusting. The manager doesn't care about guests comfort, happiness, or health. He's inconsiderate and a despicable person. This hotel seriously needs to be shut down I have no doubt in my mind it is in violation of multiple health codes.

• Stayed June 2014

Travellers are raving about these Texarkana hotels

Texarkana, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

I have been a customer with this hotel 4 days a week since January. I only stayed there because of the convinence of my job and also the PRICE. Here recently I noticed that i would awake with little mosquito looking bites on my arms, neck and legs. Made me start start paying attention more to my room being that I stayed in the same room every week. One morning as I was getting up I noticed little red bugs crawling. I notified the GM and assured that issue would be taking care of, but no they didnt not want to admit that the hotel was infested with BED BUGS. I have went through the proper procedures to have something about that immediately. It is unexceptable and not fair to paying customers.I checked out the hotel immediately and demanded a full refund for the week of April 21st.2014. I contacted Wyndam and advised them of the issues that are going on. It makes no sense to have to pay to stay in a mess like that. I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND TO ANYONE. Only if they are bought out by someone who could upgrade the rooms and who are not to cheap to remodel.

Room Tip: Anything Hotel but HOward Johnson