“Always Delicious!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dixie Diner
Ranked #26 of 163 Restaurants in Texarkana
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Texarkana, Arkansas
“Always Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

Service is always excellent, food is always delicious. Prices are very reasonable. Try the strawberry pie, it's the best in town!

• Visited August 2012

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Food is good, but expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

I enjoy eating there as portions are large and food quality is good. Still, its pricey for 'home cooking.' I also wish the state line location was open.

Visited August 2012
“Yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

We were in the way home from Dallas and searched for something on trip advisor that would satisfy a craving for home cooked southern food. Well, we found it!! Wow. So good and so much food. All cooked from scratch. I was hurting when I left because I ate so much and there was still food left I had to push away from. They come out with a basket of cornbread and rolls hot out of the oven. The tea was good and cold and Ina huge glass. I had the chicken fried chicken, mashed potatoes w/gravy, macaroni & cheese. My friend had the steak fingers, purple hull peas, and twice baked potato. Dessert was again all homemade pies, banana pudding and cobblers all made from scratch or ice cream. I had the strawberry pie and my friend had the banana pudding. They were good. There were over 200 people there when we were there. They were very busy. Service was great & friendly. Lots of locals eat there.

1 Thank nremtb
Texarkana,Texas
“Just like my Grandma's Country Cookin' in Texarkana TX!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

Let me start my tripadvisor review by saying that this is the ONE and the ONLY DIXIE DINER location in the Texarkana area. They used to have 3 locations; the other two were on Stateline Avenue and near the Cooper Tire Plant but they have since been sold. However, I think that this is the best of all the locations since all of us locals can still easily find it, especially on Sundays after church services, as well as travelers on Interstate 30! It is located at the Plaza 9-8-9 Shopping Center at the Interstate 30 Service Road and Kings Hwy. Take the Kings Hwy Exit on I 30 and head North. Can't Miss it. Also, what is great about this location is that there is plenty of parking for buses that the old location on Stateline Avenue did not have. My advice to tour directors is that it would be courteous to give them advance notice in case you decide to dine here. Also, for those folks who can't take the time to dine here, there is a convenient Drive Thru located on the side of the building.

I stopped by this past Sunday and had one of their daily specials which was Chicken and Dressing with green beans and sweet potato casserole. The chicken portion was so huge that I couldn't finish it all in one sitting. I absolutely loved the Southern style sweet potato casserole which was filled with brown sugar and pecans. For dessert, I selected the Strawberry Pie which was quite good.

On a purely personal note, I just want to add that my cousins in Natchez MS would always pay a visit to the Dixie Diner at their Stateline location whenever they were in the area. Also, my church Seniors group had their Christmas Party here last year and everyone enjoyed their meal. As you can see, the Dixie Diner, which is family owned and operated, has had a long tradition of serving their customers good home cookin' in the Texarkana area.

• Visited July 2012
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Good Home Style Cooking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

Stopped here en route to Fossil Rim, on recommendation by one of the staff at the Texas Welcome Center. Conveniently located and provides easy access to I-30.

The meal was great. We opted for the Blue Plate Special of the day. Yum-O! Plenty to food for a very reasonable price.

All the staff were friendly and professional. This place goes on our list of places to visit again.

• Visited June 2012