“consistent quality”

McAlister's Deli
Ranked #13 of 168 Restaurants in Texarkana
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Consistently good service and food. A little pricey but the portions are filling. I especially recommend the "choose two" special. I love their giant cups of sweet tea, but if you want to cut down the sugar, go with unsweetened or half sweet/half unsweet.

Everything is really good, whether it's soup, baked potato, or sandwich. It always takes me forever to order because their menu is HUGE and there are so many good options.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

I was in Texarkana on business. A colleague suggested dinner at McAlister's. Excellent choice! It is a deli, but has the appearance of a true sitdown restaurant. The atmosphere is clean and friendly. We visited after the dinner rush, so we had the deli to ourselves, mostly. The staff was very friendly.

The food is delicious. I had a half-reuben with a "cup" of soup. The cup was the size of a bowl. No complaints from me. My colleague had a full sandwich - club - with a side salad. The salad came on its own full-sized plate. We definitely did not leave hungry.

McAlister's offers a nice variety of sandwiches, salads and soups. You can eat healthy or be bad (LOL).

The prices are quite reasonable. We each ate for under $10, including the sandwich, a side and a drink.

It is centrally located near businesses, hotels and a hospital. It was about a 5-minute walk from my hotel.

I would recommend McAlister's.

Reviewed 8 November 2012

I have visited this restaurant few times; I like quality of the food and service particularly tasty and fresh sandwiches.

Reviewed 31 October 2012

Good food and good service. Somewhat high for what you get but tasty just the same. My wife loves the tortilla soup.,

Reviewed 2 October 2012 via mobile

Very good sandwich shop. They have hot plates, Subbies, salads desserts and the best sweet tea. Service has always been good. Food has always been good.