This was a perfect location as it was right off the exit from the freeway where we could easily jump back on the next day to resume our trip. The staff was friendly and efficient. Although we did not use them, the facilities had an exercise facility and two indoor pools that looked in good shape and very clean. Only two things prevent us from giving a perfect rating. (1) We wanted to use the refrigerator in the room and upon opening it there were food and drink items in there that had been there for some time as there was mold growing on everything, even the outside of the paper packages the food was in. The smell of mold was overwhelming that I had to shut it quickly so it would not contaminate the whole room. I reported it to the front desk, but it was after normal business hours and although the attendant was very apologetic, she could not leave her station and there were no other employees on site to clean it up. We ended up raiding the ice machine and using our ice chest to store our soft drinks. (2) We were on the 4th floor (great view of the woods in the back!) and it was a very hot day, but the air conditioner would not stay on long enough to cool the room off. I'm hot natured and had to lay on top of the sheets and covers and tossed and turned all night. I was even closest to the unit. But my mom said she slept comfortably. All in all, because of the convenience and cleaniest (other than the refrigerator) we would probably stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the All New Country Inn & Suites Texarkana Hotel. The newly opened Country Inn & Suites hotel in Texarkana, Texas is proud to offer top-quality accommodations and excellent service at affordable prices. This hotel features welcoming, home-like accents including hardwood floors, a lobby fireplace and an on-site lending library. Additional amenities include a heated indoor pool, spa, Fitness Center and Business Center. Our hotel is located just six miles from Texarkana Municipal Airport and just five miles from popular attractions like the historic Perot Theatre, Discovery Place and Tex-Ark Antique Auto Museum. Book one of our Texarkana hotel's new guest rooms and you will experience warm, welcoming decor and amenities that make you feel at home. Guest rooms are equipped with free high-speed Internet, HD TV with HD cable channels, microwave, refrigerator, hair dryer, coffee maker and a complimentary weekday newspaper. Suites are also available. Stay at the Country Inn & Suites and see what sets us apart from other Texarkana, TX hotels. Our comfortable and friendly hotel is located just off I-30 and near Cooper Tire, International Paper, John Turk Power plant in Fulton, AR, Christus St. Michael Hospital, Domtar, Red River Army Depot and Texas A&M University. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Texarkana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites Texarkana Hotel Texarkana
- Country Inn And Suites Texarkana
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Texarkana Texas