“Perfect location”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Texarkana
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Texarkana
“Perfect location”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This was a perfect location as it was right off the exit from the freeway where we could easily jump back on the next day to resume our trip. The staff was friendly and efficient. Although we did not use them, the facilities had an exercise facility and two indoor pools that looked in good shape and very clean. Only two things prevent us from giving a perfect rating. (1) We wanted to use the refrigerator in the room and upon opening it there were food and drink items in there that had been there for some time as there was mold growing on everything, even the outside of the paper packages the food was in. The smell of mold was overwhelming that I had to shut it quickly so it would not contaminate the whole room. I reported it to the front desk, but it was after normal business hours and although the attendant was very apologetic, she could not leave her station and there were no other employees on site to clean it up. We ended up raiding the ice machine and using our ice chest to store our soft drinks. (2) We were on the 4th floor (great view of the woods in the back!) and it was a very hot day, but the air conditioner would not stay on long enough to cool the room off. I'm hot natured and had to lay on top of the sheets and covers and tossed and turned all night. I was even closest to the unit. But my mom said she slept comfortably. All in all, because of the convenience and cleaniest (other than the refrigerator) we would probably stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
CISTXKManagement, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Texarkana, responded to this review, 15 September 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at Country Inn in Texarkana, TX. We look forward to your next stay.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We had room for around 85 dollars and it felt like 400 dollar room. Very nice staff, free breakfast with really good non-junk fresh food and room was beautiful and clean. I'm definitely going to stay there again.

Room Tip: There's a highway close by, but we didn't hear noise at all, so I guess it will be ok to hav...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
CISTXKManagement, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Texarkana, responded to this review, 22 September 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay along with the hot buffet breakfast! We look forward to your next stay.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I was motivated to write this review after my stay with Country Inn & Suites at Texarkana because I met several wonderful and attentive staff while there. Arlene and Marcus were especially helpful and I would like to thank all that were there during my stay and made me and my children feel comfortable and cared for.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Rogers, United States
Reviewed 1 August 2014

place was clean and comfortable. the price was very good. I have stayed other places and paid much more and was disappointed with service. very satisified. will go back if ever in Texarkana tx again Breakfast was hot and tasty. Husband was very impressed with the temp and appearance of the food. He actually slept comfortable on the pull out sofa in our room.

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

1 Thank SHANNON H
Waring, United States
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Amanda on the night staff was EXCELLENT! The hotel was clean and the rooms were large. Very convenient to shopping and PLENTY of places to eat. I have stayed here several times and have never been disappointed.

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Michigan
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel is easy to get to from the interstate. Rooms are spacious and beds are so comfortable. I had some of my most restful sleeps there. The free breakfast is better than most. I enjoyed having free cookies at the front desk. It's quiet and restful. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I enjoyed my stay, staff very hospitable and friendly, depending on my next visit, this will be the first place I select. Staff also readily available to assist with any and all personal needs. This is the first hotel that had laundry facilities for guest, I was very impressed by that,

Room Tip: Make sure they are aware of your special needs, no stairs, accessible and disability friendly room.