“Excellent Stay!”

Courtyard Texarkana
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Texarkana
“Excellent Stay!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I recently stayed at this Courtyard, what an immaculate hotel! For the money, $99 a night, you can't beat the price, the location, the cleanliness and the service. I highly recommend this to anyone! I checked in late at night, found something to snack on in the "snack bar" and found a great night's sleep in the huge room I had. Nothing but good things to say about this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Anamosa, Iowa
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We stayed at the Courtyard for two nights and it was wonderful. We had a great time. The location is perfect... easy to get to and restaurants within walking distance.

The hotel is clean, the pool is nice (no hot tub anymore), and the service was great.

I booked through Priceline, name your own price, and got the room for $45/night -- a great deal.

While they don't have a free breakfast, they do offer free wi-fi and also free parking.

I would stay here again in a minute. It is a great place.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I had reserved a king suite, with about a week's notice, with the Jacuzzi in the bedroom and told the hotel personal that I was going to get married on June 8th and wanted something real nice and relaxing for the start of my honeymoon. The personnel reccomended their spa package and that it would contain chocolates and rose petals and wine and such so I agreed to that as well. I told them when I reserved the room that the wedding would be at 10am and I asked what time would we be able to check in. The guy said that I would be able to check in by 12. Well the 8th came and we had a fantastic ceremony and my bride and myself arrived at the hotel at about 1:30. The lady at the front desk said that their manager had left a note apparently on a notpad saying that the rooms with the spa package could not check in until 3. Well my wife and i decided to take advantage of one of the many restaurants in the area and have a late lunch, olive garden to be exact. We arrived at the hotel again at about 2:45. They let us check in a few minutes before 3. The room looked spectacular. Rose petals on the bed in the shape of a heart with dove chocolates spread around the room. My new bride was so excited to have a personal hot tub that she went ahead and changed into her swim suit and proceded to fill the jaccuzzi. I changed as well and went to put the wine the hotel supplied in the mini fridge when I discovered a small ziplock bag containing baby food and a rotten salad in the fridge. I just made a mental note of it to say something to the hotel staff about it later. Not a big deal. Me wife was already in the water and complained that she couldnt get the jets to come on. I played with it a little bit and could not either so I called the front desk to tell them I could not get the jets to come on. Someone came within ten minutes and I told him about the food and the jets and he said that he would reassign us a room and walked out. My bride and myself packed our items up leaving behind the wine and such and waited in the lobby. We were in the room about 30 minutes total. I asked the guy that came to the room about the jets and he said that it would take a moment and that he needed permission from his manager to reassign the room so I sat back down with my wife for near an hour while he checked people in over the phone. I became aggravated and approached the desk and asked how much longer it would take and he said he was still waiting for permission from his manager and it would take just a moment longer. My wife came to the desk and asked for a simple refund. The guy asked his coworker and he informed me that they would not charge my card but their would be a hold for the time the charge was pending. The hold stayed until Tuesday but I know that has to do with my bank and such as well but because of the carelessness of this hotel, my honeymoon started off horribly. We eventually took the two hour drive to hot springs and stayed at the Arlington hotel which accommodated us wonderfully even on short notice. I do not recommend the courtyard by marriot to anyone because they littirally brought my wife to tears on her special day.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank marriedman2013

Travellers are raving about these Texarkana hotels

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Texarkana is not a popular place for us to stay on the road because of the lack of nice accommodations- however, we were pleasantly surprised by the Courtyard Marriott which had lovely staff, very nice furnishings and extremely comfortable beds. The only downside was the café, which offered a limited breakfast menu and an inexperienced barista, but overall, I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Amy H, Director of Sales at Courtyard Texarkana, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
We appreciate your nice compliments on our Courtyard by Marriott and its staff. The concerns you expressed of our new Bistro will be used as a training tool to improve the quality of service and exceed the expectations of all our guest. Our Courtyard was totally renovated July, 2012, with the addition of the "New Stay" onsite Starbucks and Bistro. Please accept my invitation to stay with us again in the future.
Cabot, Arkansas
Reviewed 21 April 2013

The hotel had new decor in lobby and an onsite cafe. The beds were very comfortable. There was blackout drapes that covered the entire window! The rooms were typical hotel rooms, but nothing special. I am conditioned for a complementary contential breakfast at hotels of this price range. Hotel staff did comment that you could walk or drive over to an adjacent hotel (same hotel family) and eat at their breakfast buffet. The serving time was over by the time we got dressed and on our way. (9am)

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 17 April 2013 via mobile

I felt compelled to leave another review on this property, because my last review was not good at all. This hotel has been completely redesigned with a very modern look. Checkin was smooth with Kim and the room looked great. Love the new carpet and furniture. I have one complaint and it looks like others have mentioned it, but the breakfast didn't meet my expectations. I prefer the buffet over the bistro concept. I probably would stay here again, but wouldn't do breakfast here. Be sure to check Priceline to see if you can get a deal here.

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Amy H, Director of Sales at Courtyard Texarkana, responded to this review, 21 April 2013
Thanks for your positive feedback on our "New Stay" Courtyard by Marriott. We are very pleased with the renovations as well. The goal of all our staff is that we exceed your expectations in every way. Let me personally introduce you to our new Bistro breakfast selections the next time you are in Texarkana. Our breakfast sandwiches and made to order breakfast menu is sure to have something to please you.

Thanks again for allowing Courtyard by Marriott, Texarkana the opportunity to serve you.
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed 12 April 2013

We stayed the night of 4/5/2013 & 4/9/2013. The first time I stayed $89.99 i asked up front if i could pay with Cash. They said yes just need to swipe my card to keep it on file. I ended up paying for the room in cash and then I had a $120 Pending charge. it took 5 Business days (a week) for it to "fall off" like they said.

Second time I stayed I still had the charge and complained they told me they would charge $20 for the deposit, and I would pay for the room next day. The room was $79.99 when i got up the next morning I had a charge for $20 and $70. the $20 was the deposit and they told me the $70 would turn into the $89.27 i owed for the room... Now a week later the $120 finally fell off and so did the $20 deposit charge. At this time 3 business days later from me spending the night i have 3 Pending Charges. $89.27, $69.27, and $70. I will NEVER stay at this establishment or it's Franchise again. I can deal with a slightly dirty room, but when you make multiple screw ups on my billing i'm finished. We had a tight budget for our vacation to Texas and they constantly had hundreds of dollars of MY money tied up due to all these charges where they keep informing me "will fall off in 3-5 business days".

Due to money being tied up and me not sure it would clear or not because of their constant mistakes we were forced to cut out a few stops on our trip. There is nothing that can be done to make that up to my children.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else...