“Great Garden Inn”

Hilton Garden Inn Texarkana
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Texarkana
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This was my second stay at the Garden Inn Texarkana which is one of the newest and nicest I have experienced. The GM, Chef and front desk staff were all friendly, courteous and accommodating, making for a truly delightful repeat experience. The hotel kitchen offers a variety of choices for breakfast and many tasty, creative and healthy dishes for dinner.

On this second visit, Collette, at the front desk, when asked, suggested a wonderful local restaurant (Ironwood Grill) for lunch. It is a family eatery located near by and may be a place you will also enjoy for lunch.

I highly recommend the Garden Inn Texarkana for both business or pleasure travelers.

Room Tip: Go for the Suite if you are solo or with your mate and enjoy the comfort of a couch for TV or hangin...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Texarkana, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thank you for staying with us again and for the great review on TripAdvisor. I am glad you had a delightful experience and we hope you will have many more with us in the future. As always, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Clean rooms and polite staff. Breakfast was good and the room were a fair price. Good value and location was good Nice lobby area and rooms were a good size and comfortable. Better than competition relative to price and quality of the rooms and hotel

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Robert,

Thank you for staying with us and for the 4 star review on TripAdvisor. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope you will choose our hotel again the next time you are in the Texarkana area. If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We were driving from Chicago to Houston- 18 hours, with a 9 month old, and a 3 year old. We needed a good night's sleep. We needed room for the pack n' play. We need somewhere that we could eat a filling & healthy breakfast. We needed to trust that the floor was clean enough for our 9 month old to crawl on. Most importantly, we needed to know that our car full of belongings would be safe. We got all that from this hotel PLUS friendly staff. Love love loved our stay here. Will recommend it to all my road warrior friends.

Room Tip: With 2 adults, a 3 year old, and an infant in a pack n play, we went for the double queen. That way...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Amy W

Dear Amy,

Thank you for staying with us and for the wonderful review on TripAdvisor. It certainly sounds like you had your hands full during the trip and I am glad the hotel was able to provide you with everything you needed to get some great rest. I look forward to sharing your comments with the team at our next employee party and we hope you will choose our hotel again the next time you are in the Texarkana area.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We used the hotel for our wedding ceremony and reception. The facility and staff were fantastic. However, the food was very disappointing. We had eaten dinner in the hotel restaurant prior to this and the food was not impressive then, either, but we gave them a second chance with our reception because the food we were presented at the "tasting" was phenomenal. It was not the same food we received at the reception. If you want a nice place to stay this is a great hotel. But for a great meal, go across the street to MacAlister's, Olive Garden or Outback Steakhouse.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Stacy and Quincey,

Congratulations on your wedding and thank you for choosing our facility to have your ceremony and reception. As we have many compliments on our food, both restaurant and catered, I am disappointed to learn we did not perform to your expectations. I will certainly follow up with Chef and his team to find out the root cause of this situation and have it corrected immediately. Again, thank you for choosing our facility and if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Very friendly staff, rooms were very nice, the bar and restaurant were most enjoyable and most of all I truly enjoyed the dinner their Chef made for us, it was 5 star rated!!!!! This was my second stay at this hotel and both times I came away impressed with the food served in their restaurant.

Room Tip: I've been there 2 times and didn't notice any poor locations. !!! There were no negatives to...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Texarkana, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Ben,

Thank you for staying with us again and for the fantastic review on TripAdvisor. We are very lucky to have Chef Jim King and his culinary team and he produces a great product. Very much not what one would expect from a hotel. I look forward to sharing your comments with the entire team and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

The Texarkana Convention Center is attached to this hotel, and we were there for a retirement party for a friend. This is a very upscale hotel, and the decor is outstanding. It was a very good deal for the price. We did not have one complaint.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Howard,

Thank you for staying with us and for letting us know about your experience on TripAdvisor. I am glad you were able to enjoy both the Convention Center and the hotel during your trip to attend the retirement party. I do agree that we have a beautiful property and I have a wonderful staff ready to serve our guests. Again, thank you for staying with us and I hope you will choose our hotel again the next time you are in the Texarkana area.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I was wow-ed by the hotel, the restaurant, and the staff at the Hilton Garden Inn in Texarkana, Texas. I liked it so much, I planned my next trip so that I could return. I experienced excellent lodging with excellent customer service at a reasonable price both visits. The manager at the Hilton Garden Inn knows what his customers want and he gives it to them. The hotel restaurant serves the best food in town, again, at a reasonable price. The chef is friendly and accomodating. When we told him we needed a vegetarian and a vegan meal, we got it and it was delicious. He took care of us and made sure we were happy with our meals both times we visited. I will definitely return and will recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Texarkana, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Lizharte,

Thank you for staying with us and it was great to see you again. I am glad you have enjoyed the special meals Chef King has prepared for you and we are very lucky to have him here. I thank you for the wonderful comments and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip through Texarkana.