“Fantastic Old Theater!”
Review of Perot Theatre

Perot Theatre
Ranked #1 of 20 things to do in Texarkana
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Been visiting the Perot with my family for over 30 years! It's just beautiful! We've enjoyed everything from magicians to musicals and ballets! If you are able you should definitely find a way to make it there! I plan to share the experience with my children as well!

3  Thank Luv2Trvl94511

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Most of the classic theaters I have toured from the early 1900s were Egyptian Revival or Egyptian Art Deco, but this amazingly restored theater that opened in 1924 is in the Italian Renaissance style. Beautiful gold leafing, relief plaster, Greek Deities and historical displays in glass cabinets upstairs. An amazing Broadway class theater is a hidden gem of the south!

4  Thank Friday_Wyrd
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Texarkana's Perot Theater was part of the Sanger Theater chain that had theaters throughout the South dating back to the 1920's. This jewel of a theater has been beautifully restored to that period.

It was wonderful to be able to recently attend a Pops Concert in Remembrance and Thanksgiving by the Texarkana Symphony Orchestra which featured the Texarkana Symphony Orchestra as well as Chorus and Dramatic Readers with patriotic selections in a salute to America's veterans. This very well done Patriotic Celebration had special meaning to me since both of my parents were World War II Veterans.

Finally, I just want to mention that as an ex-New Yorker who had season tickets to the Philharmonic over the years, Texarkana's Symphony Orchestra, conducted by the Marc-Andre Bougie, provides world class entertainment to those fortunate enough to be able to attend!

3  Thank filmbuffintexas
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Several types of events are held at the Perot. It is a very elegant music stage where concerts and symphony music is played. Excellent seating, nice balcony, and bathrooms are very well kept.

2  Thank frontierman1969
Reviewed 4 November 2013

After visiting the other few sights in Texarkana, Texas, this is by far the most fantastic thing that we have done in the area so far. We went to the Perot Theatre to see the Texarkana Symphony Orchestra play a Thanksgiving concert. It was phenomenal. For being such an old theater the music really sounded fantastic in this old structure. If you can go online and find a concert or a play of some kind to see in this theater, I would most definitely recommend it. I would also definitely recommend seeing the Texarkana Symphony Orchestra as well. My only complaint would be the fact that the seats are somewhat close together, so when you make your reservations for seats online, try to get your seats that are not close to other people. Some older, rude women behind us would not stop talking near the end of the performance. The funny thing about that was the fact that one of the ladies was actually IN the orchestra for the first half of the performance (we could hear her say that she wasn't in the second half) and then she hummed and sang and talked through almost the entire second half. I could not believe how rude she was to have been in the first half of the performance and then sat behind people who PAID to see the orchestra and she talked during almost the entire thing. My boyfriend finally had to give her the death stare because she was not going to stop. OTHER than the fact that woman was there and had no sense of common courtosy for other paying patrons, the Theater itself was a must-see if you are interested in theatre and good music. I definitely recommend this place for other visitors, or even locals, to make sure they see at least once.

1  Thank SupernovaEyes