“Poor management”

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Texarkana
Livingston, Texas
“Poor management”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We spend 6 months a year on the road. For the second time in two weeks we have picked a bad hotel to stay in.
No dog policy is ignored. Woken up at 1am with a barking dog in the room next door. The next day it barked off and on all the time. We complained to the front desk. Told that the dog policy had changed! Manager phoned our room 15 minutes later and informed us the policy hadn't changed. The guests with the dog would be asked to leave the hotel. Manager told us they locked their door until they left. Lies. 3 days later the dog is still here and still barking. We have given up complaining. (Each hotel door has a no dog sticker).
Wife did the laundry. Dryer didn't work. Iron didn't work. Our door won't lock.
Management knows of these problems but does nothing about it.
Policy is 100% satisfaction or you don't pay. Another lie???

Avoid this Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: Ask about their dog policy.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Texarkana, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
I would like to apologize for the inconvenience of your stay and your poor experience at our property. We take this kind of issue very seriously, and we will use this information to fine tune our operation.Thank you for bringing the issue to our attention so we could take swift action to all the problems that you encountered.

Thank you very much for the feedback, it will be used as training material for the future,
Serena Contreras

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Houston, United States
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Room lock was jammed when we try to enter, TV didn't work, phone didn't work, entire floor reeked of marijuana smoke. Then, when the charge was posted to my credit card, it was for more than the receipt that I had been given at checkout. Horrible experience

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Michael K, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Texarkana, responded to this review, 13 June 2014

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed the night driving through Texarkana, and we were really impressed with the Hampton Inn. We were put in a suite that was very spacious and very clean. Everything looked fresh and clean. The beds were super comfortable (fluffy down pillows!), to the point my 5 year old said it was the most comfortable bed she ever slept in. We had been driving all day and the kids were anxious to spend time in the pool; the pool was clean and well maintained. The whole facility seemed very well maintained and clean. As we were leaving the pool close to 10 pm, another family was coming in and relayed that they had just arrived and the front desk had told her they would keep the pool open to 11 pm so her family could swim. That's the kind of thing that warrants a 5 - star review. The shower was nice and had good water pressure. My kids and husband enjoyed the breakfast; it was clean and had a fair offering of fiod. My husband brought me back coffee in a to go cup (yay!); it was better than average. As a family of 5, we highly recommend the Hampton Inn in Texarkana. It was one of, if not the, nicest places we've stayed while traveling!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Elisa M
Good afternoon and thank you so much for taking the time to review the hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. If you are ever near us again we would love to have you again. Again thank you and have a wonderful day.

De Queen, AR, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My daughter and I were very pleased with our accommodations. My husband was in the hospital for heart surgery, and we were given a hospital discount, and the staff was very helpful. It was so nice to be able to rest between ICU visits and overnight in such comfort.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Mary Sue L

LEWISBURG
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Unpredictable and undependable breakfast items. Never once in our three night stay did we find all items available on the breakfast bar...regardless of the time. When asked about missing items, the answer was simply "none available". Just a wee bit lacking in the fine points.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank pey2n
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 1 June 2014

When I got there, I tried to find shaving stuffs at lobby but couldn't find any items. So I started to find convenience store around there. Honestly, I had some trouble finding the convenice store and I thought it would be more comfortable to furnish that kind of items at lobby or around front dest.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

DEAR KYU CHOL Y,

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Texarkana over three days for business in early May, 2014. Overall, I was impressed with this hotel. The decor and set up was modern and clean, and rooms were spacious and well organized. My room was clean, tastefully decorated, and very comfortable. The beds were very comfortable, and I slept well. The desk was great for getting work done, and the free WiFi worked well, with no problems.

My only issue was with the free coffee in the rooms -- I had three decaf and one regular (I'd a full strength coffee kind-of-guy) and when the regular was gone, I left a note (and a nice gratuity) for the housekeeper, requesting more regular coffee. But instead, they stocked it with all decaf. The housekeeper "decaffed" me - LOL! But you know, it was no big deal since there was free coffee every morning downstairs with the terrific free breakfast.

Overall, an excellent stay, and the price was just right. I'd be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thanks so much for the wonderful compliment! Our staff strive daily to exceed all of our guests expectations and it is so nice to hear that we have succeeded. This feedback will be used to fine tune our operations. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you and your family again in the future. Have a great summer!!!