All reviews front desk from ny two months waffle maker visit family business center oatmeal easy access would stay again clean rooms kitchenette vivian stove printer loop highway pet
Reviewed 24 July 2011

We take a family roadtrip every 5 years from NY to Texas for a family reunion. Five years ago we stumbled upon this gem after a weary 2nd full day of driving. The hotel was actually quite new then and we LOVED our stay. For this year's trip we made sure our travels would time us perfectly in Texarkana again so that we could stay again. We were a little leary if we would enjoy it as much being that now it was 5 years less new. However, it was like time had not touched the hotel! Staff was just as friendly and helpful, rooms just as clean, and well appointed. The 2 bedroom suite was the perfect solution to 4 of us (now all adults) to stay for the night. (Well perfect would have been 2 bathrooms but that would be quite a bit to ask of a hotel room). The parents are snorers! So it was a nice relief to be able to shut their door and ours to block out their sound! Having the fully furnished kitchen is also perfect for our stay the night before arriving to our TX reunion because it allows us to get some of our family dishes started and/or cooked for when we arrive at the reunion. The staff was helpful in choosing a place to eat as well. We were looking for a good "real TX steak", and the girls at the desk suggested the locally owned Ironwood which was just up the street and absolutely delicious! TPS by Marriott gets two thumbs up from us! I would recommend it to anyone! My only complaint is there needs to be more mirrors somewhere for getting ready. There is a full length back-to-back with the sink mirror in the bathroom, which isn't condusive to more than one person getting ready at once. Also, there are only those two back-to-back mirrors and a small high mirror in the whole room. It seems like having a few more mirror options would be smarter in a suite that is meant to accommodate up to 6 people.

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
TownePlaceTexarkana, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Texarkana, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback! Please come back and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 9 July 2011

This hotel is one of the best I've seen. The service was wonderful and once you walk in the door they have freshly made cookies and lemonade. They do allow pets but that wasn't a problem what so ever. The rooms are big and spacious. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Date of stay: June 2011
TownePlaceTexarkana, Manager at TownePlace Suites Texarkana, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you! We appreciate you so much! Please let us know when you come back to Texarkana!

Reviewed 3 July 2011

The only tip I really have to offer is that this location offers a better complimentary breakfast selection. I was told that they offer more during the weekdays which didn't make since because rates are cheaper. If a customer pays more during the weekend we also deserve a quality breakfast selection.

Date of stay: May 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay was. We love to hear from our guests!

Reviewed 24 June 2011

I have never had hotel representatives be as concerned with my comfort as the representatives at this establishment. I was always greeted with a smile and by name with an offer to eagerly assist. Not only did the employees take pride in their job, but they showed me through consistent excellent customer service. The front desk representatives and management were truely one of a kind. They truely made me feel at home away from home.

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you so much! We appreciate you taking the time to post a review about your stay. Please come stay with us again.

Reviewed 13 June 2011

My husband and I stayed at the TownePlace Suites in Texarkana on a week long trip from DC to Dallas in December 2009. Texarkana was a good stopping place as we spent the morning at Graceland in Memphis and the late afternoon / evening in Little Rock.

We were greeted at the front desk with fresh baked cookies. They were so delicious that we ventured down to the lobby later in the evening to snag a couple more. :) Check in was quick and easy. I booked the room using Marriott Rewards points, so it did not cost us anything.

Upon entering the room I was pleasantly surprised. The suite door opened into a small kitchen stocked with a couple of goodies like microwave popcorn. The full size refrigerator was a sight for sore eyes as we had been trying to refreeze our ice packs in hotel mini fridges for three previous nights with no luck. We had a suite with a king sized bed. There was also a sofa and desk work area. The upgraded flat screen TV was also much appreciated.

The bathroom was beautiful as far as hotel bathrooms go. It was roomy and felt very homey. The complimentary toiletries were one step above the average hotel. One of the reasons that I entitled this review "Felt Like Home" was because we are remodeling our home and our room at the TownePlace Suites had the exact same brushed nickel door handles that we had just chosen for our home!

The breakfast in the morning was adequate. There were many options, but of course it being a free breakfast bar it was high on the processed white flour products like bagels, toast, muffins, etc. There was one waffle maker which was very popular and in addition to the traditional butter and syrup, they offered strawberries (in sugary sauce no less) and whipped cream toppings. There was also oatmeal, cereal, and the normal breakfast beverages.

We did use the hotel gym (had to account for that waffle!) and it served our needs. There were two treadmills, an elliptical machine and a stationary bike.

I was very surprised that the guest rooms did not have wireless internet. When we inquired about it at the front desk we were informed that internet access was free in all the rooms, but that it was wired. Thankfully they provide you with a cable free of charge if you request one at the front desk. It worked fien, but since there was only one place to plug the cable in in the room, my husband and I had to take turns instead of both of us able to do our work on our separate laptops. There is a "business center" in the lobby which is just one computer and a printer, but that proved helpful when I had to print something out later in the evening.

I would stay here again if I were ever in this area. It would have been comfortable for a long stay as well, but we were just passing through.

Date of stay: July 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

We wanted to say thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your stay! Please stay with us again while in Texarkana! I would love to meet you the next time you are in.