All reviews front desk from ny two months waffle maker visit family business center oatmeal easy access would stay again clean rooms kitchenette vivian stove printer loop highway pet
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Rooms are spacious, well equipped, well decorated, very good lighting and mirrors, the pillows and beds are so comfortable, there's breakfast (which most suite hotels do not have), there are nice indoor and outdoor spaces (there's a fireplace at the front with chairs and in good weather that was a nice place to end the day)...there's a grill area in the back and the rates meet others in the area. They have a wine reception on Mondays and some other nice amenities that were unexpected. There's a mini-store for cooking in your room (2 burners, microwave, full fridge). Front desk staff exceptionally nice. I had a bad experience at another suite hotel in the area and my dog and I have a new place for my business visits to Texarkana.

Room tip: Stay here...
Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Stayed here on a trip from Nashville to Austin. Great location, right off of the highway..Hotel staff is terrific upon check-in. My issue with this hotel is that it is in need of serious overhaul in their housekeeping staff. We stayed in on of the larger suite rooms and all the dishes were gross. Completely nasty with food still stuck on the bowls, utensils and pots/pans etc. The bathroom was still dirty from previous guests and the odor in the room was over the top nasty. Smelled like a sweat and dirt. Highly recommend alternate locations that are brand new--seriously thought this one was going to be a nice experience but it was over the top bad for a Marriott. Don't know if Marriott just doesn't care anymore, but I am moving more and more toward Hilton because of stays like this.

Keep on driving.. trust me, you don't want to stay here.

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank AustinGirl75
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Booked a king. Got to the room and wow! Two king bedrooms, living room on top of the kitchen and kitchen table. THREE flat screen tvs. One in each bedroom and one in living room. Looked like it was built last week, so clean and new. When I went out I commented on room , they smiled and told me they upgraded because I am rewards member and booked on points. It was an apartment more than a room. It was only my wife and I but, if you were traveling with kids, this room would be great. The staff right was super nice and helpful. If I was in area again, I would stay here, even if they didn't upgrade me.

Room tip: Ask for the two bedroom suite if you have kids
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2012 via mobile

This property is full of family squatters and construction crews. Seems that the management has cut back on cleaning staff because my room was filthy and the bathroom had remaining DNA samples from the former guests :-( yuk. The furniture was old tired. Some lamps had no purpose in life, there was no outlet close to its plug. Guests above me stomped and thumped all the time and disobeyed management when asked to stop. The breakfast was a sad display of a few stale bagels and some Sara Lee muffins. When I asked about the food being so scarce I was shrugged at and politely told that the poor economy did it, (I'm not kidding). For $137.00 a night, stay at the courtyard next door.

Date of stay: September 2012
1  Thank GaryKlimeck
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We had a month at this location, and from the beginning, all of the staff went far beyond their jobs to make us feel most welcome. With a hotel full of guests there is bound to be a kink or two from time to time. The manager, Mr. Kelly, (mgr.), Kim at front desk, lady who assisted with breakfast each morning (Lany?), the head housekeeper, could not have been nicer! From Mr. Kelly, on down, they all truly went out of their way, and we felt like we were at a more at home than at a hotel. Nice that laundry was available, wine/food, lemonade and cookies offered on some nights during the week, pet friendly (very!), sufficient breakfast, and grill to cook out on...just a few ammenities. Very convenient to a number of restaurants/stores, and close to I-30 without the noise.

We can hope that Marriott executives will take note of great people, doing a great job; and update this property...as well as provide a bonus or raise to those who are deserving! Thanks for a very nice month at this location!

Room tip: Higher floors won't be as noisy.
Date of stay: May 2012