“A Guest who please”

TownePlace Suites Texarkana
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Texarkana
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very nice and clean. The staff and management are friendly and courteous feeling like family. The bed is how i like it .ms. Tracy Miller front desk goes the extra mile to make you feel like home. The breakfast is served on time., boiled eggs, cereal, and a machine that you pour the batter into and it spits out a wallfe. Social hour is wonderful and the Wednesday dinner fantastic and I travel quite a bit and I would recommend this hotel in the Texarkana area.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
TownePlaceTexarkana, Manager at TownePlace Suites Texarkana, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you! We appreciate you so much! Please stay with us again!

Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

This is a comfortable hotel to stay in. The staff are so friendly and they are determined that your stay is comfortable for you. The rooms are clean to great expectations. The beds are sooooo comfortable. They have a kitchenette with a full size refrigerator. The wifi here is superb. They have a social night once a week and the lady that cooks is an awesome cook. My only gripe would be, they should let her cook Monday - Friday. I would like thank Mrs. Tracey for providing an outstanding service at the front desk. Her customer service is the best.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LAMONT L

We always love to hear the positive comments from our guest's point of view. I appreciate you taking time out of your day to help us boost our team's spirits and make your next stay even more positive! Thank you again!

Reviewed 3 January 2014

I was passing through town and I decided to spent the night in Texarkana on the way to Little Rock. Towneplace in Texarkana is a wonderful place to stay the night or a couple nights. The staff from the front desk to breakfast lady to the house keeping women welcomed me with warm open arms. They made it feel like I was apart of the family. I have no bad reviews about the hotel, it was in tip top shape. You couldn't ask for more best stay ever, i would definieilty stay here again. Thank you the amazing stay!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank speedracer504

Thank you for staying with us! We really appreciate you and please come stay with us again!

Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

Stay in this property for 3 nights. The front lobby lady was not that friendly to me but friendlier to other guess. She didn't get my name correctly and I found out later on my bill. The room is ok. Everyone seems cooking in their room made a strong odor in the hallway and seeping through your door. When I open my kitchen cabinet to get a glass, I found a glass with lipstick mark on it. That is just too disgusting. I brought it down to front lobby to bring it to her attention. One plus thing I have to mention is the lady who prepare breakfast and chilli night, she is very nice and friendly. She was eager to please you.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank deb-5584

I wanted to say thank you for the feedback! We are definitely going to use your comments to make your next stay better. We use all feedback as training tools in growing our team and making things better for all guests. I thank you for taking the time to let us know.

Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Rooms 415& 416 that my family and I were given were nasty. 416 had a very stinky smell coming from the broken trash compactor and the bathroom was dirty with hair and trash. the kitchen countertop was dirty also. room 415 has stains of a sexual nature all over the couch and the pull out sofa was severely soiled. This was not Marriott standard that we were use to. There was also hair all over the bathroom. We will NEVER stay there again. that's sad considering we were one of the first guest to stay there 6.5 years ago and have recommended them to other friends and colleagues. Never again.

Tamara Perry Rewards#881874580

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. We will definitely use this as a training tool going forward with our employees. I really apologize about the negative experience and I would love to upgrade you the next time you are in town on us! Please try us one more time!

Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Had I been one person needing a place to stay while working, I may have been happy. Two people in the one room studio was constant tripping over each other. It has a small kitchenette and large fridge for hotel. Breakfast as horrible. Coffee and juice way watered down.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

I really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay was. I apologize that it was not the perfect stay. We like for all guests to leave satisfied and feeling like we exceeded their expectations of a great stay. Please know we have made changes to make sure that your next stay is going to be better!

Reviewed 2 November 2013

I am a business traveler who has travelled every week from Philadelphia to Texarkana on business to the Red River Army Depot. I have stayed at the Town Place every week for 3 yrs. Will stay there until my contract ends. Would not even consider another hotel. I am treated like FAMILY. I quite simply love the staff (most of whom I know on a first name basis). My room is clean and quite. My accommodations are excellent. The pool is the best of any hotel. They have security 24/7. Great pillows on a better bed. If you go, say hi do these folks:
Lenny: Marriott mandates getting breakfast ready by 7 am. Most folks staying her like me have to be in work by then. She comes in early to make sure I have my juice, milk, eggs, cereal, waffles etc ready for me when I come downstairs at 5:45 am. Go to any other hotel and you will be starving.
Amelia /Lorenso: When I arrive, I get a welcome gift of goodies and something is always in my room. Since I have been with them for 3 yrs, I am always upgraded, yet if I am not, the accommodations on the standard studio are outstanding.
MS Vivian: Early morning front desk: She does a weekly inventory of my watches, rings, luggage, umbrellas, cell chargers, even pants to make sure I don’t leave anything in the room (which I do). She sends me home to Philly with a Blessing each wk. I love her.
Cleaning staff: Outstanding. I love Doris. I tip them every day. Clean sheets, clean bathroom, clean everything.
Bottom Line: I am a business traveler. I have been assigned to Texarkana for the last 3 yrs. I have stayed at the Town Place Suites. My Colleagues stay at competing hotels. I won’t change. Will be there until rolloff.
Robert M Jaisinski. Sr Consultant : Computer Sciences Corporation

Room Tip: Any room from studio to 2 room suite has a full kitchen and great bath facility. You can't go wr...