“Great Place to Stay!”

Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Texarkana
Cope, South Carolina
“Great Place to Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

I have stayed here several times for business purposes and every time was a pleasurable experience. The rooms are excellent and the staff is very friendly. I recommend this hotel for anyone traveling and want to have a nice stay in a friendly hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
mike k, Manager at TownePlace Suites Texarkana, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Thank you for your time and terrific review. I will share your comments with our staff.

We truly appreciate wonderful guests like yourself who take the time to share your experience.

We look forward to your return, and hope to be your home away from home.

Safe and Happy Travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

This hotel is a pleasure to stay at. I travel a lot in my job and find it relaxing to come to Texarkana, Tx. and stay over. The facility has a nice pool are, BBQ area dining area where you can eat inside or outside comfortably. The rooms are nice and well kept. The fitness room has nice equipment. There is a laundry room that I have seldom had to wait to use. The facility is located near well known eateries.

Green Features: No smoking facility a plus. The facility is a now smoking facility. The grounds are well kept with flowers and trees that are well groomed.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
mike k, Manager at TownePlace Suites Texarkana, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete the Tripadvisor Survey. We are delighted that your stay with us was enjoyable.

We just love the title of your review " home away from home". You could not have provided us a larger compliment.

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We look forward to your next relaxing visit!
Benbrook, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

The first person I saw upon entering the hotel was Vivian at check-in. She has such a warm, wonderful personality and made you feel very welcome. There was also a young man that I later met, Tyler who was also friendly and very helpful and a pleasure to talk with. The 3 night stay was great. The room, kitchen and bathroom were very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was sufficient and the evening cookies were delicious. I recommend this hotel to anyone who needs relaxation and a good night's sleep. I have no complaints. All the staff was wonderful, especially Vivian and Tyler who was the young man who had started working there about two months ago.
There were also many eating places near-by and a shopping mall.

Green Features: All of the hotel staff was very friendly, warm and made you feel welcome. They were a pleasure to talk with.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to complete Tripadvisor Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with us was enjoyable. I will pass on the kind words you expressed regarding Vivian and Tyler. They will be delighted!

Your comments highlight the experience we strive for every guest to enjoy. Thank you for your kind words and observations.

Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

We are doing a cross country trip staying at TownePlace Suites along the way. Our first TownePlace experience in Mobile, AL blew me away so perhaps my expectations were a little too high. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Room was fine but fittings were looking a little tired. Bed was not quite up to my Marriott standard, short and a little hard, breakfast was bare bones!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Amelia C, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Texarkana, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Hello and thank you so much for this review. It was our pleasure to host you on your cross country trip. Thank you for your kind words about our staff; we work hard everyday to be the best hotel in Texarkana. I personally inspect all rooms and will check our beds with extra care. Our typical response for our Marriott beds is outstanding so I take your comments very seriously. We have just expanded our breakfast and have had great responses. We hope you will try us again when travelling through Texas; again, we work for you and thank you so much for your business! Safe travels!
Texarkana, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have booked my stay here for two months while relocating to the area. The staff are great, very friendly and most accommodating. They have made my stay here very positive. racey has such a friendly smile for me every morning when I come down for breakfast! She's very personable and makes me feel very welcomed! Overall it has been a great stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Shelly C
This is great! Thank you so much for all the kind words about our hotel and staff. Our goal is to make each one of our guests feel right at home.Everything we do is to please and make the visit worth coming to TownePlace Suites in Texarkana.

Again thank you and when ever you are in this area again stop by to say Hello!
Little Rock
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

I'll start with the positives: Tracey and Kevin ... that's all. They worked extremely hard to make the wrongs right and I appreciate their patience. Oh, the cookies were delicious.

We booked our 2 Queen room with a family discount. We arrived and totally forgot our DL but we were able to get it faxed. We walked to our room #313 and it looks clean, we unpack and notice ants in the kitchen sink crawling up the walk and all around the counter and around the coffee machine. We get a second room #212 and it smells like SMOKE!!!! ugh!!! We tell Tracey and she checks the room and confirms that it reeks of smoke. We move to the third room #413. On the surface everything looks good. It's late and we're tired. It doesn't smell like smoke, no ants, we get ready to take a shower and the bathroom/shower is dirty. hair on the shower walls and on the floor, a hanger on the back of the door. Just piss poor housecleaning!

We told Kevin upon leaving what was wrong. We left Tracey a thank you note. She worked a double shift and was still working the next morning at 7am when we made it downstairs.

Management needs to know that (1) house cleaning is NOT cleaning (2) staff members are not showing up for their shifts. Our friends stayed at the Courtyard, I'll stay their next time.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ngozi23
TownePlaceTexarkana, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Texarkana, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
First of all, thank you very much for the positive words about the staff. We have a wonderful group of team members that want to see every guest satisfied before they leave. With that said, I sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced that we could have caught prior to your stay. We are taking every situation and making sure we adjust and grow as a result. I can assure you the problems are rare and not the character of this property at all. I would love to prove that to you on our dime if possible. Please contact me and allow me to make your next reservations. Again, I appreciate you taking the time to let us know.
Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

We were attending a dance competition and needed a hotel in a pinch. Roads were bad due to icy conditions and had to make a decision whether to travel or stay in Texarkana. I decided to stay. It was easy and very convenient to book a room using my iphone, which was very nice. I booked a double queen just a couple of hours before I checked in. Check in was very quick and the entire staff was very friendly. The room I booked wasn't available and I was upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite, which was nice. It was roomy, clean and very comfortable. There were 3 TVs, one in the family area, and one in each bedroom. The beds were not too hard and not too soft. The microwave was nice for popcorn and the refrigerator was great to have for water and soda. It was adequately stocked with towels, bar soaps, shampoo and conditioner. The water pressure was ok, just your normal hotel shower head but the temperature was nice. It quickly got warm which was nice since it was so cold out. There are two area that I consider downfalls #1. It was somewhat noisy. I could hear the baby in the room next door crying around midnight and it sounded like it was in my room, and you could hear showers running and toilets flushing walking down the hall way. #2. The breakfast was rather skimpy. There was no hot food other than waffles. There was dry cereals, bagels and yogurt, plus condiments. Also I did not like the milk situation, it was a regular gallon jug, which can be easily contaminated should someone touch their glass they have previously drank out of to the jug. Two juices were available along with coffee. There are chain restaurants close by. Red Lobster parking lot is connected to the back of the hotel's lot. Cracker Barrel is just down the road and a shopping area is across the interstate. It is close to the interstate but I did not hear any interstate noise, however we were on the opposite end of the hotel from the interstate. There is a nice fitness room and guest laundry available and even though it was cold while we were there, there is a nice pool and patio area at the back entrance.

Room Tip: Rooms opposite the Interstate