“What a dump!”

Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Texarkana
Spring Branch, Texas
“What a dump!”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

You make reservations on the internet and then hope the place is nice. Well, this place is a real dump. By middle eastern standards it my be okay but by an old boy from Texas it a garbage can. We checked in. First thing I smelled when we entered the room was cigarette smoke and this was supposed to be a no-smoking room. Next was when you flushed the toilet it nearly ran over and the contents didn't go down. The bathroom looked like it was cleaned a couple of month ago. Tub was really dirty. Then my dog (now the internet said $15 pet fee and when I got there it was $25 which I argued down to $15) found something under the bed that I didn't know what it was and I didn't want to know what it was. The bed smelled like a sweaty body covered with a clean sheet. I went back to the office and complained about the room and was told I could move to another room. I didn't want another room it that place. Had the desk clerk been a man I would have busted his chops. I wound up paying $88.10 for a room that I was in for less than an hour. Here is another indicator of this place. There was a flyer in the room for a place call Old West Hushpuppy (or something like that). I put the address in my GPS and headed out. When we got there the address was for a new Citi Bank building. I asked around the neighborhood and was told that City Bank had been there about a year so the flyer had to be older than that. We went next door to La Quinta, got a nice room and when I told the story to the desk clerk there she gave me a big discount on a very clean, nice room.

Room Tip: Stay away from the place entirely.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Waukesha, Wisconsin
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Broken furniture, dirty, stained-cracked sink, bed was like a board, 'hot breakfast' was a joke ... don't waste your time/money here !

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Texarkana hotels

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 20 September 2011

went in 1 room and the rug was badly stained, bedspread looked like it was on and never washed in years, jacuzzi was scummy with built up scum, mold on tile in bathroom, cigarette burns all over rugs....they moved us to supposedly a better room and it was no better than the first. dirt marks on the fridge, scum and dust on & under the microwave, coffee pot had left over coffee marks in the filter where they never cleaned it. Same issues....stains all over and burns on the rug....burn inside the jacuzzi, vanity sink fixtures all loose. Both rooms had no smell of any cleaning products being used, smelled awful!

We checked in after 3 pm and left around 7 pm. We then drove the 8 hrs back to San Antonio.
Husband wrote this Rodeway Inn of our disgust and have yet to hear back from them, no apologies, nothing!

We suggest that if your decent people like us, you will never use this hotel.

Room Tip: no way to choose a good room, if the 2 we were assigned to were that bad, then we assume they all ar...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dee N
Reviewed 1 June 2010

Woke up with a bedbug crawling on my pillow. When we complained, they admitted to having problems with them. They got into our luggage, too...!

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Seeyoulast
Austin
Reviewed 8 November 2009

I had to make a last minute trip and decided to use 8,000 Choice Privileges points for a room at this Rodeway Inn in Texarkana. It was billed online as a non-smoking king with a jacuzzi. I requested an upstairs room to help ensure I would get a good night's sleep.

I was not disappointed. The second-floor room was HUGE, clean and looked brand new. If it had been stayed in before, I certainly couldn't tell it.

New carpet and paint and fixtures. Everything worked in the room and since there were few other people at the hotel on a Saturday night, it was very quiet.

Breakfast was an upgrade from the usual Rodeway Inn. It consisted of sausage, eggs (although the pressed rectangular kind)biscuits and gravy, fresh fruit, waffles and coffee. The only disappointment was the orange "juice" which was watered down and tasted even worse than that orange "drink" that some such hotels serve.

The high speed internet signal was the strongest I've ever experienced at a hotel, not the weak type where you have to move around the room just to get a connection.

Instead of just shampoo, they could have included some conditioner, but that was a minor inconvenience since I always carry my own.

There was a bit of construction on Stateline Drive (the main road near the hotel), but it was minor and the hotel was easily visible from I-30.

The hotel was clean and the desk clerk was competent and courteous and she spoke English as her first language.

This Rodeway Inn gets my highest recommendation.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank westoverroad
Spokane, WA
Reviewed 14 May 2009

We stayed there last night 5/13/09. We went 70 miles north, kind of out of our way to re-create my husbands experience last September traveling to Baton Rouge, LA. He ate at a place that was no longer there and stayed at La Quinta. They were full, except for smoking so we went next door to Roadway Inn. Roadway Kill Inn! OK, I complained the next morning and got the price down to $38 which was what it was worth. I talked to the manager the next morning and she said it was vacant for a week! Well, this was what we experienced. Had to settle for 2 double beds for non smoking. No remote. The coffe pot was broken on the spout! Not chipped, but broken.Went down got a remote that didn't work. TV was the worst reception. Cable had been ripped out of TV. Dirty towel on back of bathroom door. No fitted bottom sheets. Breakfast was OK, but the person in charge was too busy reading morning paper to help person to make waffle, so my husband did. OK, tonight we are in Amarillo, TX staying at the Drury Inn. Paid a bit more, $109 with AAA discount. Got here for Happy Hour. Got 3 free drinks a piece, and a terrific hor 'derve bar with wings, egg rolls, baked potatoes, salad. nachos, meatballs, you name it. So we got basically dinner, and tomorrow breakfast. Took my laptop to the Wonderful, room and plugged it in to internet for no extra charge! So, I'm getting a lot more bang for my buck tonight! It's soooooo clean and sooooo nice! Will try to stay at Drury Inns when we can. But beware of Roadway Inn in Texarcana, TX. I think there is so much construction workers business, they don't care.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Terrell, Texas
Reviewed 20 December 2008

Stayed here for relative's college graduation. This is an older hotel and was doing some renovation, so trying to fix it up. Only problem, was one room smelled of smoke, although we asked for non-smoking. Breakfast was very nice and food was good.
Was as nice as any other hotel for the price. But if going to Texarkana again, we'd spend a little more and stay in a nicer/newer hotel.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Texarkana
Econo Lodge Texarkana
Wyndham Garden Texarkana
#2 of 19 in Texarkana
TownePlace Suites Texarkana
Baymont Inn & Suites Texarkana

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!