“breakfast was awesome!”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Texas City
Anniston, Alabama
“breakfast was awesome!”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Family and I were driving through for Labor day weekend, and stopped here, really enjoyed my stay. we had gotten a coupon from the coupon book and the hotel said they would accept it even though it clearly states not acceptable on holiday weekends, but the hotel wanted us to stay so we did, thanks comfort inn

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I wouldn't recommend my dog to sleep here. Management was rude cant find their butts with both hands. Room was dirty will never book with them again. The room smelled of curry. That should tell you enough to not stay there. Worse place in history.

• Stayed August 2013
6 Thank Snake51

Travellers are raving about these Texas City hotels

Texas City, Texas
Reviewed 9 August 2013

All we needed was 2 extra blankets...we stayed 3 nights paid in advance....I was told by the night clerk that she couldn't give me the extra blankets because she was saving them for a reservation that would be coming in that night. Specifically for a suite...which had a pull out bed with no linen or blankets...and she only had three...so I ask for one and she still said no...????Really are there no extra blankets for a paying customer? The woman was curt! Earlier that day it seemed the head maid was behind the desk...and I asked her if we could get fresh towels and she was rather curt as well...from other reviews it seems the maids are running the place....very disappointed and will not come here again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank NZMcc
Conroe, TX
Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

Booked room on Orbitz. Upon check-in was asked for credit card. I was told there would b a $100 hold for incidents placed on the card. Orbitz did not inform of this charge. This was not anything I have ever experienced. Otherwise, nice property & room.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank SusanB66
Haysville, Kansas
Reviewed 27 April 2013

The room was great as was the free breakfast. We stayed here the night before our cruise left the next day out of Galveston. The only downer I would say is the extra $25.00 they charged us up front for having 4 adults in our room vs. 2 adults. When we booked this several weeks earlier on hotels.com we knew about the extra $25.00 fee so it wasn't a surprise or anything. I just felt like they shouldn't do this type of charge.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Kalona
Reviewed 18 March 2013

The bed was comfortable, the room quite large and the desk staff so helpful. However, the breakfast area was not a pleasant experience. The line for the food was always long, they constantly ran out of eggs and sausage and there were several signs saying "Do Not Take Food Out of This Area" which would be fine but there was never any place to sit. Loved Texas City!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Monica M
Orange, Texas
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I'm shocked at some of the other reviews! But, everyone's perceptions are different. I'm very particular, we stayed at this location in May of 2012. We are back again. I have to add that this is Spring Break weekend just a few miles from Galveston. Thus, if a problem were going to occur, this would be the time. There's just a few things I must say in the beginning. No fan in the bathroom, I just cannot see that as a worthy point to even put down as one reviewer did. That is just me. Alex, at the front desk, he's a young guy, but was very friendly at chatty. Not sure why he was described as rude. The rooms, they are immaculate. We have just came back in from being gone all day, the room is spotless. There are no broken drawers, lamps, hinges, deco is nice, snack area is clean, parking lot is safe. As far as no restaurants near by as one reviewer said, well, they didn't a block down and turn. There are too many to choose from. Bottom line, if going to Galveston, just stay here. Moderately priced Galveston locations (if there is such a thing) are usually rooms that have been ravaged by teens. This is a "grown up" hotel here. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is nice.