“"Clean & Elegant - Great Stay"”

Comfort Inn & Suites Galveston Bay Refineries
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Texas City
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Business trip for local chemical plant. Arrived late at night and greeted by "Kyle" in a professional manner who made us feel welcome. Place is clean and well maintained. Entire staff was friendly and the rooms were kept spotless daily. I-Net was fast, Breakfast included real white cream gravy, fresh fruit etc. perfect for a working man. Even had hot coffee 24/7. Plenty of well lit parking too. Had a chance to chat with the owners prior to leaving - nice folks. Recommend staying here above any others in the area. They were Right on the price, Right on the location and Right on the accommodations. Only thing I'd change - I'd bring my own pillow (mostly because I'm spoiled)

Room Tip: Elevator is fast and so in the free broadband
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank skipsreview
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites Galveston Bay Refineries

Reviewed 27 November 2013

We had a family cruise with 3 generations for November 17 out of Galveston Tx. So we met at Comfort Inn in Texas City to make sure there were no travel problems to get to Galveston. Because it was difficult to get 3 rooms in the same hotel in Galveston without breaking the bank, we chose Comfort Inn in Texas City. We requested a handicap room and were not disappointed. The rooms were all large and on the first floor which made it convenient for the family to meet. Everything was clean. Our TV broke and the management promptly supplied a replacement which was excellent.
The location is not the best nor is it a resort, but the hotel was clean, the spa was warm and refreshing. And our key requirement is that it be close to Galveston so we could have an relaxed trip to our cruise.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Gerald H
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I haven't reviewed this location in a while so I was surprised to read the two negative ones. I suspect one of those reviews was written by a teen just by the wording. Okay, here goes an update. I absolutely cannot understand a negative review on this hotel. I think we've stayed here about 6 or 7 times now, not always the same room, of course, and never even remotely got something bad. As I said before, I am very particular. The rooms are spotless, always fully stocked. I've never even seen a broken hinge on anything in a room. The outside is neat as a pin. Mostly cruisers staying here I suspect. I met two ladies this past weekend who were heading out on a Disney cruise. As far as the front desk staff goes, maybe I'm spoiled as a regular, but they are all super nice and chatty with me. I find the younger man, Kyle, to have some of the best manners I have ever seen. I actually met the owner this weekend too. Haven't seen them before but they were up working on Sunday morn. Here's the summary, perfect room, friendly staff, no riff raff, clean outside, quiet, close to everything, good rates. I've stayed several times, if this were a dud, I would know it!!

Room Tip: I have always been on the third floor. Stayed in 314 this time, no problems!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
gemsj, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Galveston Bay Refineries, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Mrs. Beck, Andrea
Thank you so much for your honest review and comments. We really appreciate your comments each time you stay with us and I am very glad that you feel like home here. This is what keeps us going. We try our best to give good customer service to each and every customer. once again, thank you.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

OMG! worste location ever!!!! no extra pillows, mosquito's inside the hotel, our room smell like mold, bed is awful, pillows are flat, location near the industrial yuck! This place is the worse hotel I ever been to. Never AGAIN!!! I am so disappointed :( I'm here right now laying down and my family hate's it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank jen B

J. Patel, gm

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Family and I were driving through for Labor day weekend, and stopped here, really enjoyed my stay. we had gotten a coupon from the coupon book and the hotel said they would accept it even though it clearly states not acceptable on holiday weekends, but the hotel wanted us to stay so we did, thanks comfort inn

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I wouldn't recommend my dog to sleep here. Management was rude cant find their butts with both hands. Room was dirty will never book with them again. The room smelled of curry. That should tell you enough to not stay there. Worse place in history.

• Stayed: August 2013
6  Thank Snake51
Reviewed 9 August 2013

All we needed was 2 extra blankets...we stayed 3 nights paid in advance....I was told by the night clerk that she couldn't give me the extra blankets because she was saving them for a reservation that would be coming in that night. Specifically for a suite...which had a pull out bed with no linen or blankets...and she only had three...so I ask for one and she still said no...????Really are there no extra blankets for a paying customer? The woman was curt! Earlier that day it seemed the head maid was behind the desk...and I asked her if we could get fresh towels and she was rather curt as well...from other reviews it seems the maids are running the place....very disappointed and will not come here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family