“Not Bad At All”
Review of Motel 6 Texas City

Motel 6 Texas City
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Texas City
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I had read previous reviews, but decided to experience this hotel for myself. Glad I did. The beds were comfortable and the rooms (2) were clean with cold air. Tyler was the best and he is to be commended for letting us know at check-in that there should not be any problems, but if there were, they would be taken care of. My finicky daughter even enjoyed her stay there and said she would come back for a few days of rest.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms to be quieter. We certainly had not problem with noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank madepeit
M6TexasCityGM, General Manager at Motel 6 Texas City, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our property. I am happy to hear your stay met your expectations and was an enjoyable experience. I hope we get the opportunity to accommodate you again the next time you are in Texas City!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

If you are looking for a cheap place to sleep, this is it. Obviously the hotel isn't a 5 star establishment but the bed was soft and comfortable. The pillows were lumpy, dirty chair, and the bathroom had only soap and towels, no shampoo. Since, we only stayed one night and wasn't moving in, this suited our needs.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jll076
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This hotel is just your average stay it's not the best place to stay but you can't beat the price. If you just want a place to stay with nothing fancy with affordable rate this is the place for you clean hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mathew m
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed here for the fourth of july because it was cheaper than to stay on Galveston Island, So on that front it was great, but thats about the only positive out of our stay. When we got to our room there were 0 towels. I take that back; there was one hand towel. When we asked the maid service, (who were smoking inside rooms as they were "cleaning them") they handed us a single floor mat. The bathtub never stopped dripping the entire night and had hair on the floor of it when we arrived. We were charged $89 a night to sleep on blankets with what looked to be urine stains on them. Dont waste your time here, you're better off sleeping in your car.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 June 2014

On the end of our trip had to change hotels. Found this one and couldn't be happier.The rooms are clean, comfy beds and pillows. Tyler at the front desk is so helpful and very professional. I will definitely come back and recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank TameraGammel82
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I booked this on the hop as we couldn't find an economy motel in Galveston near enough to any facilities. We found the desk staff helpful, they gave me discount for over 60 and free wi fi, normally $3.99. There is a cafe in the car park and pubs facilities close by.
Room was average but clean and had all you want for overnight stop at budget price.
Only problem next morning was getting a cup of ice due to selfish people who had filled up ice chests without thought for fellow travellers

Room Tip: No difference really,all close to interstate and noisy
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Do not ever make a reservation to stay here!!! I made a guaranteed reservation on Tuesday 04/22/14 with a CC and planned on paying cash when i arrived. I guess they tried to run the CC for the entire stay at 8pm on my check in date of 04/25/14 and it declined so they sold my room to some one else. Never once calling me. So Myself, my wife, and our puppy arrive at 10pm and are told WITH attitude from Mrs, Christine that they had canceled my reservation! Again... NO CALLS! Not a one! So here we are, 10pm and no place to stay. Every place is booked in Texas city and after 1 hr we ended up having to drive all the way back into Houston and stay around Hobby airport. As long as i'm on gods green earth, i will NEVER stay at a Motel 6 ever ever again!!!

Also, Mrs. Christine, the front desk lady..... Yeah, SUPER SUPER rude! She is in the wrong business if dealing with the public is what she was hired for. She Does NOT represent Motel 6 well at all! She literally raised her voice to somewhat of a yell, at me because she kept giving me conflicting reasons on why they gave away my room and i politely called her out on it. Shame on you lady.

Mind you, I've stayed at this exact location when it was a LaQuinta for MANY years and never once had a single problem!!!

Take your business elsewhere. They are NOT family friendly!!!

Motel 6 websites Reservation policy btw: Room charges are paid at registration or by 12 Noon in advance of each subsequent night's stay.

They didn't abide by their own policy for sure!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family