“Great staff!!”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Texas City
Dallas, Texas
“Great staff!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I travel alot for business, and hotels get to be a blur after a while. This hotel stood out. From the moment I walked through the doors until I walked back out - ever member of staff I encountered was efficient, professional and caring. The rooms were good, the breakfast is better than your average hotel chain - love the new fresh fruit! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Norwalk, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I stayed here about a year ago and I liked it, so when I was in Texas City I decided to stay at the Hampton again. I was so pleased that the lady working at the front desk (I think her name is Cheri) remembered me. The rooms were clean and the staff is so friendly. The free breakfast hit the spot as I was leaving. I am a very happy customer and I will continue to return. Awesome stay!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Round Rock, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

This hotel was clean and comfortable. All the bed sheets and cover were fresh and clean. the room smelled good. The fitness room was convenient and well equipped. The breakfast was delicious. The elevator "the creaky" was very slow but looked OK.

Ogden, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay in Texas City. The hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly. We felt at home right away and the ladies working at the front desk provided wonderful recommendations for dinner. The breakfast was a nice bonus. We would definitely stay here again if we are ever back in the area.

Denham Springs, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

This room was horrendous!!! My family and I were in town to see a family member in the hospital so we knew we would have a late check in. With that being said we made it to the room around 10 p.m. After we got our 2 year old and 1 year old fed we were about to eat ourselves and everyone go to sleep after an extremely long day. My wife goes brings my oldest to the restroom and notices there are poop stains in the toilet and used Q-tips in the trash. I went in to inspect and looked in the sink and found pubic hairs and toothpaste. I looked in the tub and found a roach crawling around and a used wash cloth. In addition to these things beverages were left in the fridge and used disposable coffee cups under the night stand. The good news is the beds were made and it had a nice little sticky note saying the room was clean and that we had fresh sheets. Needless to say we complained but they were all booked up and no offer at the time to correct the situation. So I packed up my wife and two children, under 3 back out trying to find another hotel room at around 10:30 p.m. Luckily for us we found the SpringHill Suites that was only 5 dollars more but was so much better of a room it was unreal. Even if our original room was spotless it wouldn't of held a candle to SpringHill Suites (Marriott). I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

TMIHospitality, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Robert W,
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Hampton Inn Texas City. Please accept my sincere apologies for the experience you had at our hotel. What you described is not normal and I am extremely saddened that this is the impression you have of us. I have shared your comments with my housekeeping staff to ensure any deficiencies have been corrected. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to make this up to you on your next trip to the area.

Duane I.
Washington DC area
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed 2 nights this week. Hotel staff was pleasanr and accommodating. Bed confortable; they are very conscientious about providing fresh towels and linens. Wonderful breakfast hostess, "Miss Kimie". (sp) Pool was being cleaned , hot tub spa was adequate.
Be advised of: only 2 smoking rooms available. No refirgerators in room, please be sure to ask for one when making reservation (we need for medications), mo microwave in room but one is available in breakfast area. And the elevator, affectionately named "Mr Creaky", just sounds a little scary but as a family member of a Hampton employee, please know its perfectly safe.

Room Tip: Very quiet stay, far enough from highway . AC sometimes a little noisy but keeps cool. Ask for any s...
Mahwah, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Conveniently located for business to Texas City Chemical plants. Overall an average property. Nothing specific, but it needs to be freshened up. The breakfast selection is good, but the hot entrees could be better quality.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

TMIHospitality, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Martin Z,
Thank you for your review of the Hampton Inn Texas City. I'm glad that our location was convenient for your business needs. I apologize that our complimentary breakfast did not meet your expectations. We truly appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to improve. We hope that you will remember us the next time you are in the area.

Duane I.