“Great Hotel”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Texas City
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Texas City
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel is conveniently located between Galveston and Houston. The rates are reasonable. The staff very helpful. The breakfast is great . Love the indoor poor. My family had a good time. We definitely coming back. Very close to the freeway and restaurants, Walmart and Samsclub.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cynthia F

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My wife and I wanted to go to Galveston for the summer. Well surprise surprise all hotels cost well over $200 for a 3 plus star hotel. This hotel is not a 5 star hotel but is a great 3 star or middle/low 4 star hotel

Pros
1. PRICE $130 per night in June
2. Clean hotel
3. Nice indoor pool and hot tub
4. Very nice breakfast
5. Pleanty of places to eat near by

Cons
1. Ice dispenser is only on the 1st floor
2. Getting to the hotel is confusing (you have to go through the mall no access of main road)
3. Some of the Clientele is a bit ghetto (smoking weed in the parking lot) (Guess that goes with the price)

This hotel was perfect for my family on a budget. Close enough to Galveston yet at a great price. If you have to money pick a different hotel, if you are on a budget and are going to use this hotel just to sleep because you are at the beach all day this is the perfect hotel for you.

I will go back to this hotel

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank cfreeze00
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We were there as a group 06/05 - 07/2014. Friendly staff including Chris both mornings at breakfast. She handled an early breakfast perfectly our first morning as well as our departure morning. Kudos to Mayesha who found and is returning a hat left behind. Room was clean, neat, with expected amenities; staff interactions were always polite and pleasant. Service and distance to Galveston made this hotel a great value for us.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This hotel is a great place to stay. The rooms are clean and neat, the hot breakfast in the morning was excellent and amazingly never ran out of eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, bacon, or any of the other good foods they had. The staff is friendly as they can be from the front desk to the manager to the maintenance crew. The indoor pool is open from 6am-12pm which is a nice way to end the day. This hotel is well worth the money.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. this hotel needs updating and was more like a motel 6 than a Marriott property. Lucky I was on business as my wife would have made us move on. although you could see the hotel from the highway the entrance wasn't clearly marked.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Texas City, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Steve V,
Thank you for reviewing the Fairfield Inn Texas City. I’m glad to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. We take great pride in our hotel and I’m glad that it shines through to our guests. Please accept my apologies that your room did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and hope that you will offer us another opportunity to host you during your next trip to Texas City.

Kristin M.
Property Support Manager

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We booked a one night stay on 04/11/2014 and I booked the room through what I thought was the Hotel website. When we checked in the young lady at the front desk was very nice and helpful. When got inside the room and I pulled the covers back on the bed and you could visibly see that the bedding had not been changed. I immediately call the front desk and the same young lady that checked us in quickly came and changed the bedding for us, if it had not been for her we would have left right then she was the hotels saving grace. Upon checking out the next day, I was handed my receipt and that address that I had entered when booking the was not the address on my receipt, so I asked why was this and I was told that since it was booked through Priceline this is something they do on their end, so she was nice enough to get the manager to explain this to me and when the manager came to the front she quickly had an attitude and told me that she does not make the rules, this is just what happens when you book through price line, so I asked for her manager and she tells me that there was not one she was the manager. I then firmly asked her for the owner and or over all hotel manager she would not give me a phone number just an email that did not work. I will not ever stay here again and all of my relatives that I recommend to stay here when they are down will not be staying here either.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Owner at Fairfield Inn & Suites Texas City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Rotesha M,
Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. Please accept our apologies for the negative experience you had at our hotel, the Fairfield Inn Texas City. We strive to provide exceptional service to every one of our guests, and when that doesn't happen we want to know so that we are able to learn from it. Provided below is the email for our Guest Relations department. If you have any further concerns or comments please feel free to contact us. Once again we are very sorry for what happened, and we hope you will allow us another opportunity to earn back your trust and business on your next visit to the area.

Lisa H.
TMI Hospitality
Guest Relations
guest.relations@tmihospitality.com

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Staff was very nice and helpful but hotel needs serious renovation. Lobby couches stained and torn, elevator dirty, loud and old, hallway carpet very worn. Rooms just adequate. Not a great area, located next to closed down mall. New furniture, carpets and paint to go with thou rough scrubbing would help. For a Marriott property, very disappointed and won't stay again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Texas City, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Aggiefan92,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We work very hard to ensure our guests have an exceptional experience and I'm sorry that we let you down. I hope that you will offer us another opportunity to change your mind on your next trip to Texas City.

Kind thanks,