“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Texas City
Nacogdoches, Texas
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We spent the weekend in Galveston but we opted to stay here due to the prices being cheaper. It was about a 20-30 minute drive to Galveston and about a 5-10 minute drive to the Tanger Outlet & Buc-ee's. Hotel staff were very helpful, extremely courteous, and very professional. The room was very clean and I would definitely stay here again. Thinking of going back in a couple of week for a birthday celebration!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank msmjc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed two nights at this hotel. It is right beside I-45 and a short distance from the Tanger Outlet Mall. A large city mall is by this property and is mostly closed. Likes: decent continental breakfast, comfortable beds, roomy area, nice pool, staff exceedingly friendly. Dislikes: not a large area for continental breakfast, by the interstate and when the air kicks off is definitely noticeable, driveway is poorly located (not off the frontage road, which is weird). Personally, we had a connecting room (which I had no idea about until we were in the room) and the neighboring family beside us was VERY inconsiderate and loud. We didn't get any peace and quiet until after midnight. The hotel was pretty much booked up (I had asked about upgrading to a King from a Queen and was told there was nothing else available) so we dealt with it (and it's not really the hotel's fault).

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the interstate.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Deidra M
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Texas City, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Deidra M,
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Fairfield Inn Texas City. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our location near shopping. I'm also glad that our complimentary breakfast and friendly staff exceeded your expectations. I do apologize for any noise that disturbed your stay. Please allow us another opportunity to exceed your expectations on your next trip to Texas City.

Flower Mound, Texas
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on a trip to Galveston as the prices were much lower than on the island. It's about a 30 minute drive to the beach from here depending on traffic. There isn't much in the area but the hotel is pretty nice and the staff was very accommodating of our needs. If we come to Galveston again I would probably spend the extra to stay on the island though.

Stayed July 2014
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Texas City, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Landon G,
Thank you for reviewing the Fairfield Inn Texas City. I'm pleased that you found our staff to be accommodating. Please accept my apologies that we did not provide you with a five star experience. We work hard to impress our guests, and it sounds like we came up short during your stay. Please allow us another opportunity to host you on your next trip to the area.

Kind thanks,
Property Support Manager
Bastrop, Texas
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We have stayed at this hotel a number of times over a period of about 5 years and although they have gone through a couple of different mangers in that time, they are always very friendly, helpful and eager to assist in anyway they can. We promised our son that once he finished cancer treatment we would take him fishing at the Galveston Pier, the hotel made sure we had a bottom floor, close to an outside door in case he had any issues and we needed to get out to medical help for any reason. I want to thank them for a great stay, and for all the extra effort to make sure my son was comfortable. You guys ROCK!

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 11 July 2014

First this review is for a business trip. If you are looking for a low cost family trip other reviews will be better. The hotel suffered from the moisture that some gulf hotels do giving it a wet and musty feeling. The front desk was unintended one night about 9:30 and I had to wait a couple of minutes to get my key re-swiped. There was noise from the floor above. Not as nice as other hotels at this level.

Room Tip: This is next to interstate 45 so keep that in mind and there is only on elevator.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Texas City, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Cmillerus,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Fairfield Inn Texas City. I'm sorry to hear that it was less than satisfactory. I have shared your comments with my staff to ensure that future guests do not have a similar experience. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to impress you on your next trip to the area.

Property Support Manager
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel is conveniently located between Galveston and Houston. The rates are reasonable. The staff very helpful. The breakfast is great . Love the indoor poor. My family had a good time. We definitely coming back. Very close to the freeway and restaurants, Walmart and Samsclub.

1 Thank Cynthia F
Dallas
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My wife and I wanted to go to Galveston for the summer. Well surprise surprise all hotels cost well over $200 for a 3 plus star hotel. This hotel is not a 5 star hotel but is a great 3 star or middle/low 4 star hotel

Pros
1. PRICE $130 per night in June
2. Clean hotel
3. Nice indoor pool and hot tub
4. Very nice breakfast
5. Pleanty of places to eat near by

Cons
1. Ice dispenser is only on the 1st floor
2. Getting to the hotel is confusing (you have to go through the mall no access of main road)
3. Some of the Clientele is a bit ghetto (smoking weed in the parking lot) (Guess that goes with the price)

This hotel was perfect for my family on a budget. Close enough to Galveston yet at a great price. If you have to money pick a different hotel, if you are on a budget and are going to use this hotel just to sleep because you are at the beach all day this is the perfect hotel for you.

I will go back to this hotel

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cfreeze00