“Spacious and clean”

Candlewood Suites Texas City
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Texas City
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Stayed at several Candlewood Suites while driving around Texas and was happy with them all. Rooms have a small kitchen area and spacious bathroom and were well maintained and clean. A great place to stay when you want a little extra room.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites Texas City

Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very clean the employees helpful and attentive. I stayed here because it was recommended to me by a person. The rate is 90.39 for 1 night. That's high, especially if you're here with your family for vacation. This town is an oil refinery town, so you probablu won't be vacationing here. It's 15-20 minutes from galveston, good! If you have the money to spend it's a good hotel. Oh yes the front desk guy barged into my roon while I was sleeping in bed. I went down stairs for explanation and all I got was I thought nobody was stayong tonigh? I was due to check out three nights later! Put your locks in.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank football8Go
Reviewed 3 December 2013

One of the best hotels I have stayed at while traveling on business. Friendliest staff I have encountered, clean rooms, and a large laundry facility. For a business traveller who is often on the road for weeks at a time, It was nice to find a hotel with a kitchenette and a full size fridge. Great rates for extended stays and easy access to the highway for trips to Galveston or Houston.

They go out of their way for the business traveller, and it is truly appreciated.

Room Tip: Third floor is prime and the second floor is usually pretty decent. The 2nd and 3rd floor are held f...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank pwbuchanan
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We stayed at Candlewood Suites Texas City the night before our cruise. Got a great price (half of what hotels on the Galveston island were charging and these mini-suites were better than many of those! It's only about 10-15 minutes away from the island so it's great for cruisers. Flat screen TV, DVD player, full size fridge, microwave, coffee maker, sink & stovetop as well as utensils/glasses/cups etc. It's all you need if you bring in your own food/drink as we did. Beds were comfortable and ac system worked fine. Bathroom was decent as well. The front desk and customer service was great! Very friendly and always helpful as others have mentioned in reviews. They have a laundromat which is FREE for guests with room key access (just bring your own soap/etc); I liked having this! Also a small workout room/gym next to it. Location is a little tricky to find/get to; exit I-45 on 1764 east then at 146 stop light, turn left, stay on access road (dont take ramp to 146!) you will run into Candlewood Suites.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I stayed three days, there was a Coffee pot in the room & they had regular & decaf Coffee, well after I found out there was no daily cleaning service I ask for two more packs of Coffee. My answer was No but for $ 00.50 each I could add them to my room rate or get dressed & come down to get a cup free. I got cold so I turned the Heater on & it Stunk up the room. I had to turn on the AC on high then open the door to get the smell out.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 25 September 2013

This is one of the BEST properties I have ever stayed at. The staff there is so down to earth and makes you feel right at home. They never skipped a beat speaking to me with direct contact every time I walked thru the Lobby. Front Desk is so amazing. They are all so sweet and nice; I just cannot say enough about them, they ALL deserve 10stars. I was reading some bad comment about the place before even going to the property, I am SO glad I did not let that effect my decision on going. Yeah, so they ask for an incidental at check in... So what! Have you ever heard of one ruins it for all. Not to mention they have everything you need as far as in room amenities, so if something is damaged or missing then who should pay? Not the Hotel own up and take responsabilities (didn't you learn that in like 2nd grade). I just think some people get upset when everything does not go their way, don't go on a vacation on a budget; that's all I'm saying.
But like I said one of the BEST Hotels I have ever stayed in VERY VERY CLEAN and Front Desk is VERY VERY sweet. Thanks for making me feel at home!
See y'all soon!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This hotel was a great value for the accommodations--although the room we were in was oddly designed from a function standpoint. No matter - it was reasonable and we would stay here again if ever in the area for a spell. Staff was very professional and courteous.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family