“Brand New, Clean, and Friendly Staff!”

Candlewood Suites Texas City
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Texas City
Austin, Texas
“Brand New, Clean, and Friendly Staff!”
Reviewed 20 December 2010

I stayed at this hotel while visiting some family in Galveston, TX. The location was perfect, exactly halfway between Galveston and Keemah Boardwalk. The hotel was clean and well-kept, and the staff were very inviting, even though I arrived in the middle of the night. The room rates were half of what I was finding anywhere in Galveston Island and the hotel was twice a good in quality. I had a great experience here and I recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank coconut06

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 13 August 2010

Do not stay here. You will not feel welcomed and you will feel like an outsider if you have kids. The manager is not helpful or friendly. Why would you build a hotel and not put a pool in?

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank cuddlebugs

Travellers are raving about these Texas City hotels

Canton, Texas
Reviewed 2 August 2010

I booked 2 rooms for my family. When we arrived at the hotel we were refused a room b/c of how many people per room. They would only let two stay in a room with a queen bed. I booked this through Priceline and put how many people would be staying. They offered to let us stay in a suite but we would have to pay the price difference. This hotel does not need to be on Priceline. The girl at the service desk was very nice and tried to get us our money back but it didn't work. We were out the hotel money on Priceline including travel insurance and the hotel money for where we ended up staying. Watch out for the hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank firemansgurl
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 18 June 2010

I stayed in a studio room with a queen bed. I was impressed by all the appointments in the room. They truly do set you up for an extended stay with dishes, silverware and the like. The location is good and bad. It is close to most of Texas City so restaurants and shopping aren't far away. That said, there's not too much to talk about in Texas City. It's about a 20 minute drive from Galveston, and I know because I did it several times. They charge $75 for a non-refundable pet fee. I got lucky and they didn't find mine, but from what I heard, the owners (who are Indian) would have definitely stuck me with it if they found out. They have a food/supply pantry of sorts that I wasn't impressed with. Food options were very limited and VERY overpriced. I checked out their DVD library which was also quite limited. Not too many good titles either. I paid $80/night. All in all it was a pleasant experience.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
Lewisville, Texas
Reviewed 2 May 2010

I recommend this hotel to anyone that's looking for peace and quiet from the Galveston traffic. Staff was very friendly, room was very nice and comfortable. Location is just right for visitors. Kemah Boardwalk is 11 mins away N and Galveston Island is about 15 mins away S.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo