Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Texas City
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Texas City
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Bugs crawled on me all night tonight. This is a poor hotel. Smells like death and cigarettes !! IT IS SO LOUD RIGHT NOW I CANNOT SLEEP NEITHER CAN MY ONE YEAR OLD Son! "We have notified maintenance and housekeeping" blah blah nothing has changed since the previous review. The pool had dead bugs covering the water we couldn't even enjoy a swim! Outdated. Nothing is being done to improve this hotel and I'll never come back and I'll make sure to spread the word. Too bad I can't get my money back. As I'm closing this review, there's ppl yelling and slamming doors! Pitiful

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Deezy123
Investorshm, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Texas City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2015

Deezy,
We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay with us and can assure you that the issues mentioned have been completely resolved. We look forward to your next stay with us when your travels take you to the Galveston area.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed Thursday and Friday night. Good points: near Galveston, nice lady at check in, decent pool and nice tv. Bad points that make it not worth the stay: hole gaping under door, loud people can hear everything, dirty floors, hard beds, bathroom needs updating and cleaning. I know they can afford a $7 shower rod come on and towels. Seriously buy some new towels. On the plus side didn't find any bugs and sheets were surprisingly clean. I think at almost $100 a night it is too pricey for what you get. In a pinch I would stay again because I am only needing a place to sleep as I am on the beach all day! Outside Seems Clean enough.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cowgirl445us

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback and recommendations. The hotel is continuing to upgrade the guestrooms and public spaces and we look forward to exceeding all of your expectations during your next visit.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

we were stayed but never again, First one carpet was dirty second,bed sheets has a lots of stains, mattress cover blood al lover it, third they charge me one night extra because I check out early anyway I call back they told me we can't fixed you got to call all way to headquarter I just forget about it never again stay any Americas best value inn any were

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank muhlama
Rita B, Director of Sales at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Texas City, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us..

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused in
some aspects during your stay. We have communicated all of your
feedback to the entire team for improvement.

We hope we could have the chance of serving you again in Texas City/America's Best Value Inn
Please do not hesitate to reach me if you may need any assistance.

Yours sincerely,

a

Please accept our sincere apologies for the the service/amenity issues that you encountered during your stay. We have communicated all of your feedback to the entire team for improvement. We have been working diligently to make improvements to the hotel based on previous guest's suggestions.

We hope we to have the chance to see you again at Texas City/America's Best Value Inn
Please do not hesitate to reach me if you may need any assistance.

Yours sincerely,

Rita Beemer
Director of Sales
America's Best Value Inn/Texas City

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Last month I stayed here for two nights due to my business meeting. I agree with most of the reviews posted here that they have major problem with cleanness. The rooms are not big enough which makes the situation even worst.

The service is not superb but the price is really cheap so I was ready for all this problems. As it was a business trip I couldn't afford to spend more then this.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Room was dusty...bathtub had cigarette burns...stains on the sheets. Very good price but we will spend the extra next time to get a cleaner room.no iron...coffee pot or even hangers...really not a big deal . The cleanliness mattered though.....not clean at all.

• Stayed: July 2013
abvihoteltexascity, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Texas City, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am terribly sorry to hear that your stay with us was not to your satisfaction.

The cleanliness issues you encountered have been addressed with our housekeeping team and we will improve our process to ensure all rooms reach the highest standards

Again, we apologize for the inconveniences and should you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

This cruise trip started out bad from the beginning. Daughters boyfriend didnt come through with his part of the money he owed for our cruise.This is not the motels fault...We drove straight through from Tulsa. Tired as all get outs and not a room in the area to be found without a reservation. $102.00 for one night in this place. I voted for sleeping on the beach...But so my kids would have a place to sleep we stayed here.I had drove most of the way so I fell straight to sleep in the hard as a rock bed. Wife said she faught 30 minutes trying to get the tv to work. Woke up still p oed about the boyfriend and went to the breakfast that I wouldnt have fed to my hounds. It wouldnt have been ok if I had paid $49.00 for the night tax and all, but not over $100.00. If your in bad need of a place to stay its ok. Otherwise over ride your wife and sleep on the beach...

Room Tip: Only if you like paying high prices for cheap stay....
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DARIN F

Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Americas Best Value Inn / Texas City and staying with us during your recent visit.

I am sorry it didn’t turn out to be the enjoyable stay for you and your family had anticipated..

We appreciate your review and take your observations quite seriously to improve our guest services.

Maintenance was informed of your report of non-functioning TV in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to any repair or replacement.

I hope that you will reconsider and that the next time you are in our area, you will once again choose to stay at Americas Best Value Inn / Texas City.

I think you will be very pleased.

Sincerely

Reviewed 8 July 2012

The room had a really bad smell and they said that there was continental breakfast in the morning cheap biscuits and only gravy the orange juice was sunny delight the cheap cereal kind it was horrible experience!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I am terribly sorry to hear that your stay with us was not to your satisfaction. We appreciate all forms of guests’ feedback, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities to all of our valued guests such as yourself. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

Maintenance was informed about the unpleasant smell in the hotel and instructed to see what could be done to eliminate it.

The catering section has been instructed to look into the quality and quantity of the stuff.

We would like to invite you to once again choose us during your next visit and promise a delightful experience.