“Yuck”

Best Western Mainland Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Texas City
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

No customer service! No customer service! This hotel just quit trying, come hear if you just don't care. I tried explaining to front desk..your customer service needs serious help. Front desk kept asking me as if I was on an automatic answering machine "was there something wrong with the room?" Over & over again...I just gave up.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
BWPLUSTexasCIty, General Manager at Best Western Mainland Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the experience you had. I do appreciate your feedback and would like to know exactly what issues you had during your stay so that I can address them to the staff. Was the front desk tenant unfriendly at check in? Did you voice any concerns that could have been resolved? There is never any excuse for bad customer service, by voicing your concerns and letting us know what you did and did not enjoy we are able to use this input to better serve you and other customers. We would love to hear back from you and I hope that this experience did not sour you from Best Western as a brand.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Have stayed at this B/W several times but have doubts about future stays we asked for a downstairs room told none available, had second floor room and room had dirty carpet with spots all over, offered downstairs Saturday but did not want to change rooms then, should have, room had not been cleaned, bed made but bolster pillow for bed on floor, bathroom not cleaned towels thrown on shelf. Breakfast use to be okay but most of the time went somewhere else because it was not the greatest, this time was worse than before selection had hardly anything and Sunday even less out of food by 8:30, and no promise of more to be put out, breakfast was till 10. Great coffee, Community. Also B/W diamond rating.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWPLUSTexasCIty, General Manager at Best Western Mainland Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Best Western Mainland Inn & Suites. On behalf of my entire team I would like to sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. As I told you when I spoke to you on the phone I did research the housekeeping reports to see who serviced your room prior to your arrival to take the necessary actions to be sure that this would not happen again. We do value our customers and hope that this experience doesn't sour your view on Best Western as a brand. The front desk tenant who was on duty that Sunday did inform me that the breakfast tenant was in the kitchen preparing more hot food items when she went in to get you more butter. Once again I'd like to apologize and I hope you give us another opportunity to better serve you.

Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is the best value for your money in the area. Prior to my stay I literally researched every hotel in the area. An employee at the comfort suites recommended this hotel. I found that this hotel was roughly 10% lower than the rest of the market of comparable hotels. The only lower pricing that I found was Motel 6, Days Inn, and Super 8 motels. I visited each of these motels to find that they were over priced for their value. This Best Western was clean, comfortable, and well maintained. The treadmill did not work and there were very few tv channels but other than that the stay was acceptable.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
BWPLUSTexasCIty, General Manager at Best Western Mainland Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Thank you for your recent stay here at Best Western Plus in Texas City. I'm so glad you feel as if you got the best value for your price payed. I'm sorry you were unable to use the treadmill we have a magnetic key that is kept at the front desk to avoid any abuse or injury to unattended children. We hope that you choose us again in your future travels.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Excellent, very enjoyable, inexpensive, great service, beautiful location, plenty of parking. We felt secure and the hotel is easy to find. Access was quick and easy being next to two highways. I would hope that my experience would be shared with everyone and anyone who wishes to read it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review and thank you for letting us know what you liked about your stay. We thank you for your continued loyalty and look forward to seeing you next year. Ride safely!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

GREAT! All employees were very friendly and attentive. We stayed with a large group for a rally in Galveston and had no issues. Hotel is clean and very comfortable. They met all of our needs. Beds are clean and very comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your feedback and thank you for choosing Best Western Plus we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you next year for the rally.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Room was very dirty, mainly the bathroom. EXTREMELY noisy from the wood joists creeking between the floors. Literally when people rolled over in the bed above our room the joists would creek. Corridors and elevator were very dirty. Vacuum had been run down the middle of the hallway but against the walls in the corners maybe never,

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWPLUSTexasCIty, General Manager at Best Western Mainland Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We have been going through several renovations and at that time our carpet had just been replaced in several areas of the hotel including the room you were in. Since the contractors used the elevator frequently to transport the carpet it was extremely dusty and left carpet particles throughout the building. Had you reported the issues you experienced with the front desk tenant we would have been happy to relocate you to a room that was to your satisfaction and with no one above you. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

Best Western Plus
Texas City, Texas

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Staff was not very personable, friendly. Could use some refresher training. No coffee in lobby. Made it to breakfast late, but within the breakfast hours. No coffee. It is very important to have fresh coffee, to me.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWPLUSTexasCIty, General Manager at Best Western Mainland Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately I would have to agree with you on the refresher courses and apologize for the lack of friendliness. I hope you will give us another chance to better serve you in the future if you are in the area. I would also like to thank you for your honesty, by letting us know what you did and did not enjoy during your stay here will allow us to implement improvements.

Best regards,

Quality Inn
#2 of 13 in Texas City
Fairfield Inn & Suites Texas City
Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake

Been to Best Western Mainland Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!