“Staff was great!”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in The Colony
Birmingham
“Staff was great!”
Reviewed 22 October 2007

The manager and staff were great and the hotel was very clean. I left some clothing and called the Manager and she shipped it to me. Would definately stay again

• Liked — Friendliness of staff
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 9 December 2006

We reserved a room for a week. Over a month before we were to stay there we had to cancel. My wife called to cancel and Joann was not available to take the call so the ladt on the phone said she could do it. She gave my wife a cancellation number and that was that. Not true. We received our credit card bill and there was a charge for one nights stay. My wife called and talked to Joann regarding this issue. From the first word out of my wifes mouth Joann was rude to her and informed my wife that she did not have time to deal with this issued and we shoul;d dispute it with the credit card compny. That is the great attitude they seem to have at this hotel. We will charge you and if you dont like it dispute it we are not going to help you no matter what.

Stayed November 2006
5 Thank tulsasoftballtravelr
comfortsuitesthecolo, Webmaster at Comfort Suites the Colony - Plano West, responded to this review, 26 April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us during your last stay.

We also appreciate the effort you have taken to give us review and we take them quite seriously towards improvement.

We are sorry for the inconvenience you had with our hotel staff.

The entire issue of the credit card charge has been investigated.

We have given special instruction to the hotel staff to offer the finest hospitality.

We hope you will make a note of this and shall choose us once again when you visit our area and see the change.

Sincerely

Travellers are raving about these The Colony hotels

Reviewed 23 April 2006

Hotel room was not the cleaniest. Window unit was noisy. Beds do not have fitted sheets they work their way off as you sleep. Toilet would not flush. Nice size room with half wall that had sofa/coffee table desk etc. Some of the furniture was well worn. Was told the hotel was 6 years old and had been recently remodeled. Rooms did have microwave, coffee pot, and refrigerator. Over $100 for Thurs. stay.

Continental breakfast was a joke. There was cereal, prepackaged muffins, bagels and waffles. The waffle mix hadn't been stirred well enough before it was put in the dispenser and had lumps of flour all in it. They weren't edible. The microwave must have been 20 years old. Apple juice dispenser didn't have apple juice in it, I think it must have been water.

• Stayed April 2006, travelled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Comfort Suites for your recent stay in our area.

We thank and appreciate your review.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• Your comment on the amenities has been taken checked and attended to.

• Breakfast staff received additional training in improving the same and to ensure ample stock of breakfast items.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will find our hospitality and amenities to your best satisfaction.

Dallas, TX
Reviewed 6 February 2006

I must say that I was leary after reading some of the reviews, but it was great!! My husband, myself, and our chihuahua got the Jacuzzi suite. It was awesome! And they are very dog friendly! I would stay there again anytime! We will definately be back.

• Stayed October 2005
3 Thank solgirlDallas
Reviewed 4 August 2005

Checked in to discover that they don't honor prepaid online reservations. Had made a reservation through comfort Inn online for non-smoking king suite. They didn't have one available on arrival so gave us the only thing left...smoking, double bed. Bed didn't have sheets on it. Bathroom filthy, air conditioner did not work nor did the elevator. We left and checked in to another hotel. Will never stay at a Comfort Inn again.

• Stayed July 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing Comfort Suites for your stay during your last visit to our area.

We appreciate your review and take your observations seriously.

We have checked and corrected our reservation system so that an unlikely incidence like that you mentioned is never repeated.

We have checked and attended to all the amenities.

The hotel staff has been trained to treat the guest with a high degree of hospitality and care.

Thank you so much for bringing this matter to our attention.

It is guests like you who help us to be sure that the standards we set for our establishment are being maintained.

I hope that you will change your opinion and choose us the next time you stay with us.

NW Arkansas
Reviewed 3 January 2005

My sister's house was full of relatives so we decided to book a motel room for Christmas week. This is a very nice hotel room with wonderful beds. I always worry that I will wake up with a back ache but the beds were perfect. The rooms have a sitting area that is separated from the beds by a half wall. They are large for a motel room. We were very pleased and will use them again if we have a chance.

• Stayed December 2004
1 Thank LMDanley
Reviewed 30 June 2004

I came to town for a family reunion and I had expectations of a great weekend. From the outside of the hotel I anticipated to have a nice experience. Unfortunately after checking into my room a couple of problems became apparent. The first one was I was unable to set on the love seat provided because it was broken. I was able to sit somewhat comfortablely after moving one cushion over on top of the other. The 2nd problem was the toilet clogged up and after calling the front desk, I was informed I had to go and get the plunger myself and fix the problem. When I checked out the next day and stated my complaints to the front desk person, I was left with the feeling as if I was speaking the wrong language.? I was very unsatisfied. Next reunion will be some place else.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing the Comfort Suites for your last stay and the review.

We apologize for the experience whatever as you have mentioned.

Upon receiving your guest review we immediately took the following steps.

1. Maintenance was informed of the report of roaches and ordered to do a thorough inspection of the rooms and amenities.

2. The desk clerk has received retraining in the proper way to treat the guests and rendering the finest hospitality.

3. The housekeeping staff has received extra training in keeping the rooms clean and amenities as required by the standards which we require of them.

We are confident that you will find an all new experience with us and would invite to choose us for the next stay while you visit our area.