“The best place on the long trip. Pet friendly too.”

Comfort Suites the Colony - Plano West
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in The Colony
Reviewed 6 November 2011

We stayed here on the last night of our move. After long hours and days on the road we were very happy to have a place this clean, comfortable and a staff that was very friendly and accomidating. The bed was extremely comfortable. The room also had a large sitting area and plenty of space for work. The hotel is also pet friendly (for a small fee) and has plenty of grassy areas around for walks. There are lots of restaurants and a great shopping mall nearby as well as plenty of indoor and outdoor family activities.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with kids, this location is in between water parks, ice rinks, ball parks and t...
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 October 2011

So many hotel choices in Dallas area. I was attending some sporting events in the area and my son recommended this hotel to me as it was clse to his home. For $60 including tax, this hotel provided an adequate room with a king sized bed that was comfortable. Plenty of towels and a 32" flat screen TV. Breakfast included scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, cereal, juice, bagels, pastries, waffles, etc. Best I ever had? no. Reasonable breakfast? of course. Room was impeccably clean, check in process was quick, parking was free, room was quiet. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Room included a refridgerator and microwave. Coffee available 24/7 in lobby.

Room Tip: No kitchenette but microwave and fridge provided in room.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank STM0041
Reviewed 29 September 2011

This hotel is a great find. My family and I enjoyed our "staycation". From check in to check out is was a great get away; made better by the wonderful and friendly staff! A special bravo to the housekeeping staff...amazing and they even smile while they clean.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 1 July 2011

I have a company hotel card and I had to call this place four different times on different days to finally make reservations, drove over two hundred miles and when I was checked in by Kyle he asked me several times for a credit card.
When I told him it was a company card which he already had in his hand, he told me that he needed a personal credit card or cash deposit for any damages I might cause like smoking in the room. I told him (I dont smoke) that's why I asked for a nonsmoking room.
His answered with I get told that all the time and people still smoke in the rooms, and he added I have people tell me all the time they booked for a cheaper price online and when I check they hadent, As if that confirmed something for him. But for me it was only telling me I was there to smoke in thier rooms and lie to him about. then he told me he would have to text his boss to approve my stay with out a deposit, I said that was not menthioned when I made reservations, I waited twenty seven minutes
for him to GET THE O K.. I will be in this area for four more day,s but only tonight will I sleep here.
The chemicals in the indoor pool is so strong they have permeated the whole hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
ManagementTX465, General Manager at Comfort Suites the Colony - Plano West, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Please accept my apology for the way in which your check in was handled! Your situation was not handled in a professional, customer service oriented manner. The individual that you refer to has since left our hotel! Continuous "Truly Yours" Guest Services Training is ongoing for all associates and I would welcome you to return as a guest so that you may experience the difference!!

Thank You!!

Reviewed 22 November 2010

We had an event in the area and hadn't planned on an overnight stay. When we decided last minute to stay over, this hotel was chosen because of its convenient location for our event. It was clean enough, but certainly not spotless. The staff was very gracious and helpful. The bed was uncomfortable but the pillows were great; linens were adequate but nothing more; TV worked but was small and had limited channels; wifi was good and free. Breakfast area was crowded, hot, and not particularly well stocked. Don't expect to sleep on the sofa-bed; ours was worn and the pull out parts hadn't been cleaned in quite some time.

If you need to be in the area, this hotel will suffice. But don't go out of your way to get here.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Twoprofs
Reviewed 22 May 2009

The Hotel has been recently renovated, furniture is in excellent condition, Breakfast is very good quality, staff is very helpfull
After reading the previous reviews, I think that the hotel has made huge improvment

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2008

The property appeared to be well maintained and in good condition. The TV (a little old) was not hooked up properly when we arrived, but were able to get it working after some effort. Bed was a little hard for my taste, but was OK. Hot breakfast was limited to hard boiled eggs and bacon. Decided on to go to the fast food (Chick-fil A) in the area instead. Overall nice property that could use a few minor upgrades.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends