“Limited Rooms with Bathtubs”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano/The Colony
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in The Colony
Plano, Texas
“Limited Rooms with Bathtubs”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Place is nice and clean. Staff is friendly. As one person mentioned, the rooms are pretty small. Our room only had a shower and no bathtub. I checked with the front desk but they said only the wheelchair accessible rooms had tubs (?). Had it not been 11 PM at night I would have tried to work out a deal with the Res Inn across the parking lot. We will not return because no tub is a deal breaker but otherwise, seems like a nice place. I think it should be made more clear on the site or reservation about this -- this is my first encounter with this at a Marriott.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SurprisedTexan
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano/The Colony, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
SurprisedTexan,
We appreciate hearing from you and thank you for writing a review. We're glad you found our clean accommodations and friendly staff to meet your satisfaction. I'm sorry for your disappointment that our bathrooms are only equipped with showers. We value you as our guest and hope you will return for another visit in the future. Thank you again for your feedback.

Lacey Lamm, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Wichita Falls Texas
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a room with a kingsize bed. This was one of the smallest hotel rooms that we have ever had. We missed having a microwave oven and a small refrigerator. This room was the bare basics. Multiply the size of the bathroom ( which was the best part of the room) x3 and you would about have the size of the room. We had the unfortunate experience of our room being close to the elevator and the noisy guests kept us up well into the early morning hours. This particular room also had a screen loose on the window that rattled off and on throughout the night and the window view was a wall.

If you don't mind a small room with just the basics and ask for a room away from the elevator, you may have a pleasant experience. Everything seemed nice and clean.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank CometoTexasYall
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano/The Colony, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
CometoTexasYall,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your stay. We regret the experience you had and sincerely apologize for the areas we fell short of meeting your expectations. We value you as our guest and hope we have an opportunity to provide a more positive experience in the future. Thank you again for writing.

Southern US
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I almost always stay in a Fairfield Inn when I travel. I rarely ever have anything negative to say about them. This was my second stay in this particular Fairfield Inn. I was greeted and taken care of right away. I was asked if I had a floor preference (which I didn't), was given my key and off I went! The room was a standard king. It was on the small size, but I was only there to sleep and shower. The bed was so comfortable. I would have slept like a baby . . . EXCEPT . . . there was a wedding going on in the attached events center. At some point during the night, (after midnight) I could hear quite a few people running around in the parking lot laughing and just being LOUD. I was on the fourth floor, so I can only imagine how loud the people on the first floor had it. Then, several more times during the late night/early morning, clearly intoxicated people were walking up and down the hall. This is not the hotel's fault at all. I do believe that they did the best that they could considering. The hooting and hollering that was happening outside only happened for a few minutes and then I assume, enough complaints came flooding in that someone spoke with them and had them SHUT UP. Sheesh. I understand that a wedding is a happy event and there is cause for celebration, but, there are other people staying in the hotel that have nothing to do with your happy day. Have some consideration. Besides the noise, it was a lovely stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Travelin_Dyxie
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano/The Colony, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Travelin_Dyxie,
We appreciate your loyalty to our brand and thank you for writing a review from your stay. I sincerely apologize for the noisy disturbances you encountered during your visit. We're pleased to know you enjoyed a comfortable stay otherwise and hope you'll visit us again soon. Thank you again for your review and patronage.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 10 December 2013

This past weekend the weather in Dallas was pretty bad and we had a wedding to attend next door at Ana Villa so we spent Fri. and Sat. night at the Fairfield Inn. The Inn looks very new and clean and presents a welcoming site when you enter. The counter people were smiling and very helpful and put us into a king suite. The suite had a small frig, sitting area with desk, couch, chair and tv. The bedroom had a king-size bed (extremely comfortable) and a tv. The room looked and smelled clean. The breakfast was a full breakfast with eggs, sausage, bread/bagels, fruit, juices, milk, and all the extras. My wife and I really had a relaxed visit here and the support staff couldn't be more friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again if the circumstances should warrant it.

Room Tip: It never hurts to ask for an upgrade if available.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano/The Colony, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
rharris60,
Thank you for writing a review from your experience at Fairfield Inn & Suites Colony. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us while attending a wedding at Ana Villa, and we're pleased to hear our comfortable accommodations, friendly service, and value added amenities made for an enjoyable stay. We hope you and your wife will have an opportunity to visit us again in the future. Thank you once again for writing.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I attended a wedding next door to this hotel and couldn't be happier that all I had to do was stumble over a parking lot to lay my head for the night. This is a new hotel and is still in great shape. I stayed in a room with a king size bed and boy the room was just big enough for the bed and some walking around room. It really didn't matter since I was only there to sleep. The bed was nice and I would describe it as a firm soft mattress. The bathroom was nice and clean as well. There wasn't a bath tub, it was a stand up shower stall which had plenty of room to enjoy the shower it. I couldn't tell you how the breakfast was because when we walked down the breakfast area was packed with people.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano/The Colony, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Ben H,
Thank you for writing a review and sharing your experience with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites The Colony. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us while attending a wedding next door, and we're glad your enjoyed your stay and our convenient location. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again in the future. Thank you again for writing.

Barrington, RI
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed for business here and I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel and friendliness of the staff. Rooms are modern and spacious and well thought out. Little things like lamps with plugs so you can charge your phone make a big difference to me. Plenty of restaurants near buy and a tremendous value for that area. Nice free breakfast and very comfortable. Only knock I have is the walls seemed a little thin, could hear everything in the adjacent rooms but I'd stay hear again without hesitation.

• Stayed October 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano/The Colony, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thomasfrank,
Thank you for taking a moment to write a review about your stay with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites The Colony. I'm pleased to hear we exceeded your expectations with our friendly service, variety of amenities, and cleanliness of our hotel and accommodations. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us while traveling on business and we hope to welcome you back again soon. Thank you once again for writing.

Best regards,
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

This is one of the nicer Fairfields you will find. Room rates are reasonable. The neighborhood is conducive to walks and runs. The pool is OK. The location is great for business in Plano and its restaurants. The free breakfast is fairly extensive too.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
George Y,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your visit with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites The Colony. We're happy to have had you as our guest, and we're glad you found our amenities and accommodations well suited for your business travels. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thanks again.

Best regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near The Colony
Courtyard Dallas Plano/The Colony
Residence Inn Dallas Plano/The Colony
Hyatt Place Dallas / The Colony
Comfort Suites the Colony - Plano West
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Plano - The Colony
Homewood Suites by Hilton, Dallas-Frisco

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano/The Colony? Share your experiences!