“Great newer hotel ”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in The Colony
Texas
“Great newer hotel ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

This Fairfield is great it's fairly new was very clean the front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating to any needs. My wife two kids and I was upgraded to a one bedroom suite which was nice to have the extra space because the rooms are a lil Small. The free breakfast had a good selection and was a nice treat to have in the morning. most definitely would recommend this hotel and I would stay there again.

Stayed July 2014
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano/The Colony, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
It is fantastic to hear that your stay was enjoyable! We thank you for your compliments regarding our nice rooms and ample breakfast, but more importantly our staff. Our associates strive to provide exceptional guest experiences; I will be sure to share your kind feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to write.

Best,
Lacey Lamm, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Midwest
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I was a member of the wedding party and stayed at this hotel purely for location. I had an Extended King on the 4th floor which had a microwave and tiny fridge. I was pretty disappointed there was no bathtub but the shower was REALLY nice and large, you could fit about 4 people in it (no we did not try).

The idiot staying in the next room brought his (non-service) dog and the hotel has a no pets policy unless it's a service animal. The thing was yowling while the idiot was attending a wedding/reception, and I had to wake up at 6:30am the following day for a 16 hour busy wedding day. I went down and spoke with the front desk and explained what was going on. They did offer to move me rooms but noted it would be downgraded. This was 9pm at night, I was ready to crash and had already laid out all my things for the next day. I declined but made it clear that I did expect some sort of comp. He said he'd leave a note for the manager in the morning. I'd like to emphasize he was polite, understanding, and apologetic. In the end, they did comp the room appropriately. I cannot say enough nice things about the manager (who was the director of sales - I cannot recall her name unfortunately) who was very apologetic and understanding.

I didn't eat any food but had coffee and it was pretty darn good - this coming from a person who hates coffee.

Pros:

Location (for wedding)
Comfortable bed
GREAT coffee!

Cons:

No bathtub

HOT TIP: If you have a car, make the 20 minute jaunt to Fat Cow in Lewisville for the best BBQ you will ever have in your life.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano/The Colony, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for your kind review; I’m thrilled to know you enjoyed our spacious room, comfortable bed and accommodating staff. We sincerely regret the experience you had during your stay. Please know that we have taken action to ensure this problem does not occur again at our hotel. We were glad to be able to take care of your room expenses. We value you as our guest and hope to restore your faith in our hotel and service team.

Kind Regards,
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stay at this hotel more than a dozen times a year. It is located right off of 121 in The Colony (North West Plano). less than 10 minutes from Legacy Town Center and 5 minutes to Stone Briar mall (depending on light). The rooms are all new and the rates are great compared with the hotels around it. The rooms are always very clean and the facility is well laid out. The real highlight of this property is the staff. A lot of the staff is very young but EXTREMELY helpful, polite, and focused on providing a good stay. I could list several examples of them going above and beyond to make sure my stay was perfect. I would say everyone at the front desk is professional but two employees in particular stand out. When I see Miriam or Ray behind the desk I KNOW I am going to have a great stay. They are amazingly helpful and go out of their way to fix any problem or issue. The ONLY negative I have for this property is you better book at least a week in advance as I have never seen a hotel stay as booked as this one. It is always full.

Room Tip: They actually have quite a few "suites". Room upgrades are excellent here and the staff t...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano/The Colony, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thomas P,
Thank you for your review and continued patronage at Fairfield Inn & Suites Colony. It's wonderful to hear that you consistently enjoy your stay, and that our staff's sincere hospitality is at the core of our success. I look forward to sharing your feedback and will be certain to recognize Ray and Miriam for their outstanding service. We value you as our guest and look forward to your return visit. Thank you again!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Very nice Hotel. Nice breakfast in morning and good room cleaning.. Most Important thing is Staff Behavior very good.. Location is not that much good. but some restaurants are near by..
Paid Market Place available in hotel where you can get some foods any time...Thank You..

Room Tip: Take Room on 2nd Floor, indoor pool on that floor..
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano/The Colony, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Jigar P,
We're pleased to hear of your enjoyable stay and appreciation of our staff at Fairfield Inn & Suites The Colony. Our team takes pride in their approach to hospitality and continuously strive to deliver the best guest experience possible. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and hope you'll return for another visit. Thank you again for writing!

Miguel Colon, General Manager
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

I stayed here for 5 days and it was a great spot for business travel being right outside of Plano, TX. Rooms were very clean and simple. They had great breakfast including self serve waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, cereals etc. Rooms were quiet and ample parking. Nearby restaurants (not walking distance) just down the back roads. Take the back roads to get there otherwise you would be stuck jumping on the freeway to get back and forth and traffic can be a pain.

Room Tip: I stayed on the ground floor, easy to get in and out.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano/The Colony, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Jessie G,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your experience at Fairfield Inn & Suites Colony. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and we're glad our clean accommodations and complimentary breakfast selection perfectly suited your business travel needs. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again in the future. Thank you once again for your review.

Cedar Hills, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

I needed a quick nights stay and this was very reasonable and clean. The location is not the best, but there are restaurants close by. I was very comfortable in the room and had a good nights rest. Thank you.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano/The Colony, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Nancy R,
We appreciate receiving your feedback and we're glad you enjoyed a comfortable stay. It's great to know that the cleanliness and value of our hotel met your satisfaction. We hope you'll visit us again in the future. Thank you again for writing.

Plano, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Place is nice and clean. Staff is friendly. As one person mentioned, the rooms are pretty small. Our room only had a shower and no bathtub. I checked with the front desk but they said only the wheelchair accessible rooms had tubs (?). Had it not been 11 PM at night I would have tried to work out a deal with the Res Inn across the parking lot. We will not return because no tub is a deal breaker but otherwise, seems like a nice place. I think it should be made more clear on the site or reservation about this -- this is my first encounter with this at a Marriott.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SurprisedTexan
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano/The Colony, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
SurprisedTexan,
We appreciate hearing from you and thank you for writing a review. We're glad you found our clean accommodations and friendly staff to meet your satisfaction. I'm sorry for your disappointment that our bathrooms are only equipped with showers. We value you as our guest and hope you will return for another visit in the future. Thank you again for your feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near The Colony
Courtyard Dallas Plano/The Colony
Hampton Inn & Suites-Dallas-The Colony, TX
Residence Inn Dallas Plano/The Colony
Holiday Inn Plano - The Colony
Homewood Suites by Hilton, Dallas-Frisco
Dallas/Plano Marriott at Legacy Town Center

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano/The Colony? Share your experiences!