“There are nicer Motel 6's”

La Quinta Inn The Woodlands North
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Moore
“There are nicer Motel 6's”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

La Quinta should be ashamed to have their name on this motel. The outdoor areas and elevator were dirty. The room was clean. Don't pay too much for this motel, it's not worth it. I would think being in The Woodlands it would have been a lot nicer.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank juliaavery

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

The LaQuinta Inn @ The Woodlands North is an excellent place to stay and a true value for your dollar spent. All of the hotel staff are knowledgeable with the area, the hotel, and are friendly and professional and a credit to the hotel.

The pillow top bed was excellent for sleeping in comfort and thank goodness that the air conditioning worked very well also as it was over 100 degrees when we were there!! :)

R Dockter
North Daktoa

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Venus, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

The hotel has seen it's better days maybe back in 1983. The pool was nice and the rooms were clean. No refrigerator or microwave HELLO this is 2013. At least the ice machine was working so we could keep food on ice. The breakfast had brown bananas and no meat. Would I stay there again only as a last resort.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

the location is nice. not too far from the waterway, but...it's easy to see this hotel has had better days as you enter the lobby. the chairs are a bit scratched and the fabric a bit worn. then the elevator, duct tape & hairspray to keep this old thing moving up and down. the room? two double beds are comfortable enough or it may be we were exhausted with a bit too much liquor after a night bar hopping on the waterway. the television is a bit small. the bathroom is really tired. old shower curtain and towels that more scratchy than soft. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: if you want a good room, don't stay here.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

The staff here are extremely rude. After muxing uo the say of our booking we found our selfs debating on going home early after some talk my fiance sent me in with the card to re book and pay.

I went in the manger rudely told me no he would have to come in. I apologized and said I'd like it started so he could finish up and I came in because of the stress and confusion(leaving out he was walking our dogs)... She then told me she wanted no crazys and we could stay somewhere if that was the case.

I was shocked she though she could call us crazys. I was offended but correctedher no one was crazy she then said I just ment no voices raised and trouble. (There was a couple ahead of us slamming doors and being mad I assume she was taking that out on us) Long story short after check in I told my fiance what she had said he went to talk to her about how inappropriate it is to call a customer crazy specially when they had mixed up there bookings (I think they did the same to others as well)

Next thing I know just as I settle in the room I am tild we have to leave... she told my faincee u lued and she never called us crazy. I go in to twll her she did and her response was I said I wanted no crazyness...She was rude and she lied I don't know what she she had over hee today but she was the rudest customer service person I havw ever ment.

As far as the hotel it self the rooms were clean kinda smallish thw staff was horrific and rude. I worked for starbucks for 5 years and they hace a very dedicated style of customer care with that in my mind when ever I am served anywhere thsts that standards I hope for a customer 1st mind set.

It took us 3 hours to get everyrhing sorted this hotel ruined our night we missed the the show we came out for...I would avoid this place at all costs.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank kissedlightning
League City, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

The hotel looks descent from the outside. Much of the parking is cramped. I'm used to showing up at a hotel earlier than the posted check in time and rolling the dice as to whether a clean room will be available. Sometimes one is, sometimes you are given a time when one will be ready. But here, the answer was that there would be no check in until the posted check in time.

The bathroom area was really showing the age of the hotel. The exhaust fan was very noisy and the faucet in the bathtub dripped. A very small breakfast consisting of waffles, cereal, or bagels. A small and cramped breakfast area with not much seating. Only one power outlet in the room was accessible for things like charging cell phones or computers or using the iron.

A fairly noisy AC unit, even for a motel. The elevators are pretty ragged, they don't exactly make you feel safe riding in them.

There's a Denny's next door.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family