La Quinta Inn - The Woodlands North
Hotels.com
US$296
US$275
  • Pool
Hyatt Place Houston / The Woodlands(The Woodlands)(Great Value!)
US$218
US$206
Hyatt.com
Candlewood Suites Houston, The Woodlands(The Woodlands)(Great Value!)
US$117
CandlewoodSuites
The Woodlands Resort(The Woodlands)
US$280
US$198
US$152
Best Western Plus The Woodlands(The Woodlands)(Great Value!)
US$115
Drury Inn & Suites Houston The Woodlands(The Woodlands)(Great Value!)
US$149
Hotels.com
Courtyard Houston The Woodlands(The Woodlands)(Great Value!)
US$166
Travelocity
Hilton Garden Inn Houston/The Woodlands(The Woodlands)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$205
Hotelpower.com
All reviewsroom was cleanmajor highwayolder hotelcontinental breakfastwafflesice machinehouston areaattending a concertclose proximitycynthia woodspleasant staygreat roomgreat place to staywould stay againeasy accesswoodlands mallpets
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Never ever stay here. Got up in the morning to take a shower and found mold all over the shower walls. Took pictures, and will see if I can post them. Front staff was rude when talking to him prior to our stay. That should have been a clue. Will never stay here again and would like my money back, but that won't happen.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank neveragainSpring
LQGS, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn - The Woodlands North, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Thanks for sharing some of the details about your recent stay at the La Quinta Inn Houston - The Woodlands North. It sounds like you had a disappointing experience both before you arrived, and while you were at the hotel, and we understand your frustration. We'd like to discuss your concerns with you directly, and would ask you contact us at tripadvisor@laquinta.com. We're hoping to hear from you soon!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

This hotel is old and it shows from the outside. The rooms are recently remodeled and are nice inside. The internet did not work at all the first night. The next morning I was able to connect but not actually use it. The only connection I got was in the lobby. The highway noise is terrible. We were lucky enough to be able to switch to one of the few rooms facing the back, otherwise I don't know if we would have gotten any sleep. Oh, and the check in took about 30 minutes with four people ahead of us.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the back.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 October 2013

This motel is unfortunately on its last leg. It’s the old style motel you may remember as a kid depending on your age, where all the rooms are not inside a building but are separate units accessed only from the outside. What I have learned from staying at many La Quinta Inns and Suites in the past is, since they are franchised, you either get a tired looking motel style room in need of major maintenance /repair and in need of renovations like this one, or a very nice hotel with all the upgrades and comfort you will need.
This La Quinta is so old it does not have a section made for breakfast or a station as most of the other La Quinta’s do. It looks like the breakfast area was an after thought and squeezed into a corner with just a few tables and a oddly mounted TV on mute, that’s so high in the air no one could possible watch it without requiring a neck brace later. The kid checking me in the evening was all of 18 years old and looks like I just woke him up as he staggered to the front as he heard me come in, blurry eyed he reminds me of the breakfast times and shows me where it will be served in the morning which consist of two tables with the breakfast items around the corner which is a very strange set up.
I requested a pillow top king bed when I made the reservations, as I got to my room I opened the door the worse smell you can possibly imagine almost floored me,,,this room STUNK! As I refused to go any further inside the room, I peaked in to see that it was twin’s beds so back downstairs I went. The parking lot was empty but oddly the only room they had left with a king bed non pillow top and a little less funk smell happened to be a handicap room which I had no choice but to accept. Once in this bare bones room, and I do mean bare bones, as in half a roll to TP,one towel, on little bar of soap, one half empty miniature shampoo bottle which looked as if it was left over from a previous guest, and one wash cloth and one thread bare towel. After waking around this room I began to freak out, and have serious doubts about staying the entire night. . I checked the mattress for bedbugs which thankfully I did not find…I didn’t want to walk barefoot on the carpet as it didn’t seem clean, in fact the whole room didn’t seem clean to me.
There is only one very slow elevator and it’s on the other side of the building so it’s best to use the stairs if possible. You may have a long walk to what they call a lobby depending on where they put you. All I can say is go ahead and spend the extra 25.00 to stay elsewhere, as the noise from the freeway was so loud I didn’t get a wink of sleep, the walls are paper thin and many times during the night the constant vehicle and truck noise from the freeway felt as if they were driving right through my room. I just cant recommend this motel. You know its and ominous sign when the first thing you see when you pull up is a sign that warns you to lock your vehicle as the motel is not responsible for vandalism and theft…..my advice is to move on down the street to a different hotel, I see no redeeming value at this motel.

Room Tip: Make sure you insist on checking the room first before agreeing to accept it. It may have a very bad smell.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank goldendeal
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Being a female, who travels alone I have to say I shy away from the hotels with the doors leading to the outside. I just don't feel as safe. When I arrived, in my head I was immediately planning to change hotels after the first night. But I was placed on the 3rd floor, the area was quite and I had no issues with feeling unsafe. My stay was pleasant, the room was clean and comfortable. There was noise from the air conditioner which was annoying but easily drowned out with the white noise app on my phone (I did not report it to the office). I had noticed a note from the management in the lobby when I checked in that they wanted to be notified of any concerns and would work to resolve them, which I appreciated.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2013

This is an older property needing some cosmetic work. The operative word is cosmetic. Everything here works and works well. The rooms and public areas are clean. The water pressure is better than most hotels and the hot water is HOT.
The staff here is absolutely outstanding. They go out of their way to help. My wife was walking down a hall today and the head of housekeeping stopped and asked if we needed anything done to our room. We like the fact that there is little turnover. We stayed here a year or so ago and most of the staff are still here. One housekeeper is now working the front desk.
We use La Quintas a lot because we travel with a dog. We like them all and this one stands out.

Room Tip: This property is very close to I-45 and the noise level outside is high. These rooms are so well sound insulated that you can't hear the highway inside. You can't even hear the ice machine.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family