“Perfect for the Jimmy Buffett Show 🐟”

La Quinta Inn The Woodlands North
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Key West, Florida
“Perfect for the Jimmy Buffett Show 🐟”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I was last minute to grab a hotel. Lucky to find these guys. A shuttle service was available. (Always ask in advance, not part of hotel.) Also note which LOCATION you have your reservation. We went to the South location and that young lady was very nice to get us to the right place quickly.

We were making a mad dash to check in prior to the concert. I was not able to take off from work to get there before traffic and chaos.

The staff were right on the money. Knowing we were running like pirates on the beach, trying to get our clothes changed and fiesta wear in gear...they kept us on task with the shuttle service. Calling our room to see if we could be ready in five mins. There was no way. The shuttle returns every 30 mins.

Decent room, size was nice...albeit only there to sleep and be able to drive back to work next morning.

The fridge worked nicely. We didn't use anything else. The bed was a king and comfortable. The bathroom was long and narrow. Perfect for more than one person to get ready.
Room 301
Although near an ice machine, I didn't notice any noise.

Just right for.....Fins to the left and Fins to the right.

Great team play....my first stay at a La Quinta.

FYI
Denny's next door.
Great service also. We ate breakfast before bed.

Room Tip: I was told the room was one of their best. Room 301 We used the stairs for best access to room fro...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank pinkladysupport

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Rogers, Minnesota
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I had the misfortune to spend a couple of days at this LQ last week. It does not measure up to a typical LQ. The staff is nice, and the beds are comfortable and the property is clean but it is rundown as others have said. It's also next to a major freeway so you hear the constant drum of traffic when you step outside. I have stayed at many LQs and this one was the worse. The breakfast is simply horrible. I can't believe they serve what they serve to their guests. There are better choices out there for the same price.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Sebastian, Florida
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Although this is one of the older hotels it is well maintained and due to its are it is very quite both from outside noise and room to room sounds. The location is good because you have easy access to the Woodlands Mall and many fine restaurants.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Grand Prairie, United States
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Charged my room despite my having canceled the reservation. Last stay, my room had roaches, staff was rude and they charged my debit card multiple times. Only reserved again because other hotels were booked.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Tracy S
Waxahachie, United States
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My room was run down and not very clean. Highway noise was enough to hinder sleep. Night desk personnel not cordial. Acted like I was bothering him. The price was the best around and was the reason for this choice.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Lynn B
Sugar Land, United States
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This hotel has friendly staff and is very clean. It's an older hotel for this chain, so the amenities are limited. I always stay at LaQuintas when I travel for leisure if there's one in the location I'm traveling to. This location is close to everything I needed, with easy access to the freeway.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Darla G
Sulphur Springs, United States
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I cant remember when I've state in any hotel regardless of the room that did not have a microwave or refrigerator. When I questioned the staff the response was, " you have to pay extra for that". In a King Suite? Unbelievable.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family