“Never Again”

La Quinta Inn The Woodlands North
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I will never stay at another Inn, Poorly Kept. Both times I have they have been in Houston! When you stay at an Inn and Suit then go to an Inn! the difference is SAD! and your menu needs more items!The lights in the bathroom had bugs in them! floor in the room did not looked clean! toilet paper on the floor in bathroom!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Don B
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn The Woodlands North

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed in this Hotel in early June. There were several problems.

When we arrived there was no one to check us in. About 15 minutes later a clerk arrived in the lobby to check us in.

The second problem was that the elevator near our room stop working the few minutes after we arrived. We had to use another elevator for our entire stay. It only began working a few minutes before we left

It appears that the management of the hotel is extracting as much money as I can before the hotel is shut down. The people at the hotel or trying to do the best job they can, it is the management that needs changing.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Fred M
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We have used several of the hotel along I-45n when going to a concert in the area. I was expecting this chain to be a little above Quality Inn and that type. It was not. Everything was clean and neat and the people were very helpful in most cases.
There is a shuttle bus that stops at the hotel you can catch starting at 5:30PM for $10.00 per person that will take you to Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion. They also pick you up after the concert.
Breakfast is what I call minimal but their orange juice is not watered down, that's a plus right?

Our fire alarm was chirping when we got back to the room at midnight and we called the front desk. The battery was changed in less than 10 minutes. After that we had a pretty good night in the overly soft bed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The hotel is very convenient for my business purpose. The room was clean & spacious. The front desk personnel were very helpful & knowledgeable. You need to make this comment less than 200 words. What can you say; this is not a resort hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Hollie C
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We checked into this hotel mid May for a concert. Didn't go past the front desk, we payed for the room and left, never came back because we stayed at a friends hotel. 4 weeks later, my debit card was charged $165. I called hotel. They explained that all of the linens and alarm clock were taken from our room. General manager said housekeeper saw someone walking out of our room with an arm load of linens so they decided to charge me $165 for the "theft". We never walked past the front desk, never opened the room door, and dang sure didn't steal nasty linens from a hotel room that 500 other people have slept on! Beware of these thieves!

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank KCAggie
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I was last minute to grab a hotel. Lucky to find these guys. A shuttle service was available. (Always ask in advance, not part of hotel.) Also note which LOCATION you have your reservation. We went to the South location and that young lady was very nice to get us to the right place quickly.

We were making a mad dash to check in prior to the concert. I was not able to take off from work to get there before traffic and chaos.

The staff were right on the money. Knowing we were running like pirates on the beach, trying to get our clothes changed and fiesta wear in gear...they kept us on task with the shuttle service. Calling our room to see if we could be ready in five mins. There was no way. The shuttle returns every 30 mins.

Decent room, size was nice...albeit only there to sleep and be able to drive back to work next morning.

The fridge worked nicely. We didn't use anything else. The bed was a king and comfortable. The bathroom was long and narrow. Perfect for more than one person to get ready.
Room 301
Although near an ice machine, I didn't notice any noise.

Just right for.....Fins to the left and Fins to the right.

Great team play....my first stay at a La Quinta.

FYI
Denny's next door.
Great service also. We ate breakfast before bed.

Room Tip: I was told the room was one of their best. Room 301 We used the stairs for best access to room fro...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank pinkladysupport
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I had the misfortune to spend a couple of days at this LQ last week. It does not measure up to a typical LQ. The staff is nice, and the beds are comfortable and the property is clean but it is rundown as others have said. It's also next to a major freeway so you hear the constant drum of traffic when you step outside. I have stayed at many LQs and this one was the worse. The breakfast is simply horrible. I can't believe they serve what they serve to their guests. There are better choices out there for the same price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business