“Motel 6 at Hilton prices”

Hampton Inn Houston-The Woodlands
Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Austin, Texas
“Motel 6 at Hilton prices”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Let's be honest, this property should NOT be owned by Hilton. I used to rent rooms like this for $29.99 a night in the early 90's. Yes, cosmetically it's updated with all of the Hilton colors and the room was clean, but that shouldn't warrant charging $119+ per night. It's still just an OLD MOTEL.
Hell, they don't even have real glasses in the room or lobby/restaurant, just paper cups. Really!?!?!? Oh, I forgot to mention, when I pushed the "Front Desk" button on the phone to ask a question about the wireless, a guy answered telling me to go up to the front desk to get a new passcode. I thought that was really strange, so I dialed '0' and the lady at the "real" front desk told me that there are no men working there other than maintenance. Huh? Shouldn't a button on the phone in the room labeled "Front Desk" dial oh, let's see, the FRONT DESK and not some schmuck with a bad sense of humor?

Room Tip: Don't.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
dallas
Reviewed 21 September 2013

This hampton is really a little dated as far as the rooms are concerned but the lobby and breakfast area and menu are really outstanding. The rooms were nice and clean. The surrounding area was woodsy and nice.You felt you were in the forest but close to civilization.
We went to a concert in the woodlands and this was the perfect place to stay.We will stay again to see a concert.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Port Arthur, United States
Reviewed 19 September 2013

The hotel I usually stay at was booked solid, so I looked this hotel up on the internet and decided to stay there. That turned out to be an extremely fortunate decision. The staff is very friendly and personable, and they call to make sure you got settled in with no problems and even ask you if you'd like a wake up call.

Miami FL, United States
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Staying at the Hampton in the Woodlands was a pleasant experience. It offers a very good value for the price! The room was clean including the bathroom and bedsheets. The staff is friendly. I would consider booking this hotel again on a future trip.

Downsville, Louisiana
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We stayed here the night of the Backstreet Boys concert at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion. Although check-in wasn't until 3:00, they let us check-in when we arrived at 2:00 since our room was ready. The girl at the front desk was super nice. She asked if we were attending the concert. I told her we were. She gave me a map with directions to get to the pavilion, as well as a map of restaurants and shops within 2 miles of the hotel. This was great! She showed me 2 different ways to get to the concert. It was only a few miles away from the pavilion. We ended up using the back way so that we wouldn't have to get on the interstate. We were only staying one night, but we needed extra towels since we took showers before the concert and the next morning. They were happy to accommodate us. Check out was easy. They slipped the invoice under our door; we left the key cards in the room and left. The doors open to the outside like a motel, but this did not bother our group. People have said the interstate was loud, but they provide earplugs if sound bothers you. I was excited to find them, since I wear earplugs normally and forgot them! If I come back for another concert, I will definitely be staying at this hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Fort Worth, United States
Reviewed 3 September 2013

very nice staff nicely furnished/maintained rooms - the room was very quiet even with near max occupied The breakfast options provided were good and well prepared/tasty I will be coming back again and staying at this hotel on future business trips to the Woodlands

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I was pleasently surprised to find that the staff at the Woodlands Hampton Inn (Motel design) still maintained the professionalism that I normally recieved at the Hampton Inns designed as enclosed Hotels.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple