“Prefer Hilton Garden Inn” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Houston-The Woodlands

Hampton Inn Houston-The Woodlands
Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Tyler, Texas
“Prefer Hilton Garden Inn”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

Decided to stay here since only one night stay and they had best rate. Rooms were okay. Good shower. Provided breakfast but I expected a better selection. Covered bagel was just okay. very friendly staff. Was okay for one night. Bed was fine. Refrigerator provided. Free Wi-Fi.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pat K
DruF_11, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Houston-The Woodlands, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
We are proud to be one of the last original Hampton Inns built and apologize if you were not informed we were exterior entrances and had you expressed your displeasure during your stay, we would have found you alternate accommodations. There are plans for this to be an interior entrance hotel in the near future.The comments we get back are very vital in our continuing service to our guests. I will share with the whole team your comments regarding your stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Chesterfield, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

This hotel is VERY close to a highway which is very apparent when staying in their rooms. The constant sound of vehicles on the highway prevented me from a restful night of sleep. Also, this may seem small but upon my arrival I realized I forgot my toothbrush and when I called housekeeping, they expected me to go outside at 10 oclock at night, alone, as a female and walk to the front desk to get a toothbrush because they only come to your room for bigger issues.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Deric K
DruF_11, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Houston-The Woodlands, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for your feedback and all areas of opportunity have been addressed mentioned in your review to ensure 100% satisfaction so others in the future will see the improvements. We sincerely apologize for the missed opportunities and our team takes these reviews seriously and focuses on each opportunity to make it right! The team and I hope that you will visit us again soon to experience true Hamptonality and the changes made to ensure you have an extraordinary experience!
Longview, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Hotel is above average and staff is most professional and courteous.....Good location when visiting north Houston area....easy access to area and very good restaurants are close and accessible..If you are visiting this area of Houston then this hotel is worth visiting..

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank James W
Thank you for taking the time to post your reviews. We strive to make each guest stay and comfortable and pleasant on. We hope to see you again i the near future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

My wife and I stayed here for several days while visiting my family in Spring. We are very familiar with Hampton Inns and were disappointed, at first, to find it was an old-style motel with only outside access to our room. But the room itself and the lobby/breakfast area were absolutely up to the standard quality and cleanliness we are accustomed to with Hampton. The only flaw in our stay was associated with its location on the Interstate; it is not easily accessible and noisy. Service was excellent and overall, it's a great value.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

St Louis, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

its a decent hotel, but price was too much for the type of place. didn't seem like your typical hampton inn. appeared to be a red roof in bought by hampton inn....breakfast was decent and check in and out was easy

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank TY K
Maricopa, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

My first clue should have been the pair of ear plugs on the nightstand. The room was clean but an older property where the doors face outside to the parkinglot. Could hear the I-45 traffic all night. I asked for a room and the 1st floor so that I wouldn't have to lug stuff upstairs but almost immediately regretted it as it is un-nerving to be "exposed" to the parkinglot and some potential issue that could arise. I won't stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay at a newer property.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I sincerely apologize for the noise issue encountered during your stay. Our guests’ comfort and safety is my number one concern. Your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our property again. Thank you.
Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

My wife and I stayed a few nights here back in late October for the Texas Renaissance Festival. At check-in, we met the Front Office Manager, Dru, who immediately welcomed us and struck up a conversation. That initial interaction set the tone for our stay. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. There was a very light noise at night from traffic, but beyond that our stay was pretty quiet. Now, I'm not a big coffee drinker, but the "Robust Blend" that the hotel serves at breakfast is the best I've had. It was so good, in fact, that I emailed the hotel about it weeks later, after not being able to find out the brand online. Dru, going above and beyond, gave me the brand and even mailed a few packets to my home address. That is beyond quality service!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple