Drury Inn & Suites Houston The Woodlands
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Reviewed 22 March 2008

Stayed 1 night at this hotel while traveling and wished we could have stayed longer.

The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was very nice. The entire hotel was very clean and in great condition. The breakfast was much more than expected and very tasty.

This hotel is very close to resturants and shopping, great location.

Next time we are in the area we hope to be able to stay longer and enjoy this hotel and the area.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PrincessEthel

Reviewed 16 March 2008

Thank you Trip advisor community ! We decided to do a weekend getaway at the absolute last minute to the Woodland area to do some shopping and to go to Old Town Spring nearby and ,of course, checked Trip advisor quickly before we left. We read excellent reviews for the Drury Hotel and the location seemed perfect,so I called directly to the Hotel to book about 30 minutes before we left home. Meagan (sp. ? ) at the front desk answered the phone and was very cheerful and helpful,which can usually set the tone for what is to be expected. Drury has found a gem in Meagan and I'm sure they know this. Anyway,I asked about the rate for the night and with it being Spring Break for most ,and a mall nearby, I expected a higher rate. I was more than pleasantly surprised as Meagan quoted me a fantastic rate of 79.00 for the night ,and I quickly booked it and we were out the door. We arrived before normal ck. in time but was greeted warmly by Meagan and she gave us a King room that was ready ,in the back ,away from the Interstate. Upon arriving in our room, the phone rang,I answered and it was Meagan just checking to see if everything was to our satisfaction. WOW, that was a first for us. The room was larger than I expected and vey nicely furnished and comfortable. The King bed was very comfortable . The hotel has a vey nice breakfast in the morning that is included ,and not just a continental breakfast ,but a full hot breakfast which was very,very good. I also liked the fact that the parking area is controlled by bars that raise and lower that they give a code for at check in. Upon leaving ,Meagan was there again and asked if everything was to our liking,which I replied a very sincere YES, so she asked that we please return. We will !

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chext57
Reviewed 17 September 2007

The Drury in The Woodlands was a wonderful find. We travel with our little dog, and she was welcome there. They don't charge extra or make you sign a pet policy. We got a great rate, and it has everything...comfy bed, coffee in room, small refrigerator and microwave, good location, and nice grassy areas around the hotel for dog walking. (Just watch out for the fire ants !) Lots of secure parking, great breakfast and free happy hour with snacks and drinks. There are even hot items on the breakfast. Pool and hot tub, pool towels provided. Staff was very nice.
Memorial Hermann hospital is right next door, and this would be a great place to stay if you had family at the hospital.
We normally stay at a Baymont at FM 1960 and I-45 for the dog. but I got a rate at the Drury of $75, only five dollars more than we would pay at the Baymont, but many more amenities and a much nicer, newer property.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2007

I needed a "Mom" away and didn't want to go too far away. So, I headed north to the Woodlands. As I was less than 50 miles from home I couldn't justify spending all the $$$ for the Marriott, so I remembered driving by the Drury once. I called and got a great rate. The girl was so sweet, she said Hurry...we have drinks in the lobby if you get here fast enough! That set the tone for the charm of this unassuming hotel. The room was clean and comfortable, not sure how I would have felt with two people but for me alone, it was great. They couldn't have been nicer, reminding me about the free hot breakfast in the morning and giving me directions to everywhere. For the $100 I spent, it was well worth it, as was the fact they extended my checkout until 2PM. Great place.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled solo
1  Thank ARKSugarLand
Reviewed 17 May 2007

Wonderful value, excellent staff, spacious rooms, and tons of extras at no extra cost. It's kind of like an all inclusive - with a hearty, hot breakfast and evening adult beverages and snacks.

This is a wonderful place to stay if you are looking to save money but don't want to loose out on service this is the place to stay. A colleague of ours is staying at another hotel and he came in to pick us up - when he got here and saw how we were treated and all the free stuff (long distance, adult beverages, snacks, hot, hearty breakfast) he tried to change his hotel to ours. Not only did we have better everything but we were paying less than he was.

Definitely book through the hotel’s website. I spent 9 hours researching hotels (I used to be a researcher) in The Woodlands and checking out many online discount website such as Priceline.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotel.com, etc and the BEST price by far was the Drury's own website. The prices we were quoted from the other websites ranged from $130 - $140 USD + tax/night and the rate we got from the hotel's website was, on average, $103USD+ tax /night.

The hotel is walking distance to The Woodlands mall - it took me about 5 -6 minutes to walk there. It is not across the street like the other reviewer wrote. But it is still do'able and trust me you will need to walk off the complimentary breakfast that you get in the morning. Tons of excellent restaurants within walking distance.

The rooms are basic but very spacious - we stayed the Westchase Marriot last year and even thought they are rate at a higher level the rooms were much smaller than the ones at the Drury. Also, you get free high speed internet access in the rooms. You don't even have to bring an Ethernet cable! These guys have thought of everything!

Jeremy - the Assistant General Manager is a God send. He gave me his business card and told me that if I had any troubles getting around The Woodlands that I could call him and he would help me get it all sort out. Now that is service! The only thing I would recommend is a shuttle service to the airport and to the malls around The Woodlands.

Happy travels.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled on business
2  Thank TheCopperHouse
Reviewed 7 May 2007

My family and I attended a homeschool conference in the Woodlands, Texas. We could not get a room at the convention center as the rooms were booked. My wife found Drury Inn on the Internet and booked the room for a fraction of what it would have cost to stay where the convention was being held. The rooms were clean, the staff was pleasant and we were able to bring our dog with us in the room. There was continental breakfast every moring and in the evening free alcohol during happy hour!!! There was a pool for the kids and video games in the room. It was perfect for a family on a budget. I could not reccomend it more.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled on business
2  Thank Jerry_Juliano
Reviewed 19 March 2006

I really had no major complaints until my family and I headed down for the complimentary breakfast. The whole area was nothing short of a pigpen! Eggs smash into the carpet, tables that were available were filthy. Totally unacceptable! They have one lady who is in charge of putting out the food as well as cleaning up after the guests. Way, way to much for one person to handle. I also think the guest should feel some sense of responsibility to clean up after themselves!

If your into shopping this is located near a huge mall. Also, there are lot's of restaurants nearby.

Stayed: March 2006