“Free Food and Drinks”

Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Clearwater, Florida
“Free Food and Drinks”
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Great amenities here. Hot breakfast buffet, popcorn and sodas and coffee all day, 3 free cocktails and food buffet 5:30-7pm daily. Indoor/outdoor pool and hot tub. Dish TV, fridge, microwave in room. Comfortable beds and pillows. Modern, clean bathroom with lots of towels. Located in the best shopping area of the Woodlands and right off the highway.
Very friendly staff, too.

Room Tip: Asked for a quiet room and was on the 6th floor #624 furthest side from I-45.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank starannette

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Midland, Texas
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Very nice hotel, it was very busy with travelers but the staff was awesome and made sure everyone got served at each event ( breakfast and happy hour) . If they saw your glass was empty they'd get you another beverage or whatever. The hotel was spotless and although our room was on a corner , it was very quiet! There were plenty of baggage trolleys too! Not just 2 or 3 like other hotels. Very nice stay!

Room Tip: Higher room have better view!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Pace, Florida
Reviewed 16 February 2013

I stayed here last week on business. The hotel is very nice and clean. The staff overall was very nice and was always asking if need anything. The free breakfast was good and hot with eggs, potatoes and biscuits and gravy. Also had waffles, fruit and cereal. Evening time they had 3 free alcoholic drinks, free popcorn, free soft drinks and free food (hot dogs, mac n cheese, baked potatoes, chips and chicken fingers). The only problem I had was my company got the hotel through expedia for non smoking. I was given a smoking room that smelled. On second night I called front desk to ask if was a smoking room, was advised yes it was. I advised was suppose to be non smoking and was told by night manager that when you order through 3rd party sites you get the rooms that are left over and they did not have a non smoking room. Also in front of the hotel is a 8 lane interstate so the noise at night from the trucks driving by is very loud!! I emailed the main office the second night and the general manager called me next day and transferred me to a non smoking room further from the traffic. It should have not taken me emailing corporate to get my room transferred. If you can handle the traffic noise it is a great place to stay for business travelors.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a non smoking room away from the traffic.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank allynbrian
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. I'm deeply sorry for any inconveniences you have experienced with the noise. As for booking with a 3rd party we have limited control over how they book your reservation. I always suggest booking directly on the hotels website or calling Drury reservations so we can ensure that you are aware of the details of the room type you booked. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. I hope we have another opportunity to serve you again next time you're in The Woodlands.
Sandusky, Ohio
Reviewed 10 February 2013

The staff is great! From the good morning y'all to the clean rooms. Staff is very approachable and helpful. Breakfast is just enough and the happy hour is a good jumping off point for dinner out. The manager should be recognized (although I do not know who he/she is) for leading the staff in the best direction. My only downfall with my stay was that the Drury web site was down when I tried to register for their Gold Key rewards program so I had to book thru Expedia and my stay will not count under their Gold Key program. With that aside when I come to town to visit my daughter I will stay again!

Room Tip: Ended up with a two bed room book early for a suite. The suites are not an option on Expedia.com...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 February 2013 via mobile

I live in Wisconsin and never heard of the Drury Inn and Suites until 2008 when I traveled down to Texas to see a couple Iron Maiden concerts.I found their website when looking for hotels. I booked it and stayed two nights.I absolutely love d it. so much so that when I went down to see maiden again 2 years later I booked this hotel without even looking for other ones I absolutely loved it. Give it a try! Up the Irons!

• Stayed May 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Reviewed 30 December 2012

My husband and I chose this hotel because of it location being so close to a wedding we were attending. The bed was very comfortable and the staff was friendly. However, the noise was TERRIBLE! All you hear is the sound of cars going up and down the freeway. It really felt as if we were sleeping right in the middle of the freeway. That is how loud it was! I barely got any sleep here. Decent hotel at best (over-priced, in my opinion). I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, 14 January 2013
Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. I am glad to see that you left some feedback on what you liked as well as what fell below your expectations. I'm deeply sorry for any inconveniences you have experienced with the noise. The way our building is set up we do have plenty of very quiet rooms in the back of our hotel, away from the freeway. We would love to have you to try us again and accommodate you in one of those rooms.
Seattle
Reviewed 26 December 2012

Staff and value is excellent! Nothing special as far as rooms, but was adequate for our visit. If you set your expectations as this is not a "resort" or "fancy" hotel, you will be pleased with your stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple