“Good, Quick,New Year's getaway”

Drury Inn & Suites Houston The Woodlands
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Our family last minute vote for a quick getaway to The Woodlands Drury Inn location was a good decision. We arrived Tuesday,New Year's Eve and checked in. JaRon at the front desk was hilarious and accommodated my request for a higher floor with a view of fireworks.

This location is a bit older and I think I was told it was smoke-free but either our 7th floor room had not been used in a while or someone tried to smoke in there. Either way there was a stale smell but not unbearable. We brought along our small dog, which is nice that the Drury Inn allows pets. The only thing I would suggest is if bags are available to pick up waste as I do bring along my own for my dog but I left them and had to use the one from the ice bucket in the room as well as some shopping bags he had brought along.

You can walk to the next parking lot to Luby's and across the next parking lot is Marshalls and other stores. The mall is very close as well.

The 5:30 kick back had chicken tenders, mac & cheese, hot dogs, Vegetarian options such as: vegetable minestrone soup, salad, carrots, celery and baked potatoes and nachos.

We were on the 7th floor room 717 first room around the corner from the elevator and we DID not hear any hallway or elevator noise. The view was not bad. We opened the bedroom curtains and were able to see some of the fireworks.

I rated this location a 3 only because for some reason the sheets always have some kinds of stains on them, but we came prepared with our own blanket this time and just sleep on top of the sheets. But if we had to we will try this location again.

Room Tip: Room 717 is a King suite, has 2 TV's, microwave and fridge, good view
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank bacrowe
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Houston The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave a review. I am glad to see that you shared your feedback on what you liked as well as what was below your expectations. I'm deeply sorry for any inconveniences you experienced with the cleanliness of your room. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve our product and services. Please do not hesitate to let us know of any concerns during your stay so they can be addressed immediately.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to The Woodlands!

Crystal P.

There are newer reviews for Drury Inn & Suites Houston The Woodlands

Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

The staff was very friendly to our large group and very accommodating. The indoor pool was great for the kids and there were plenty of social areas for the adults. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Adults enjoyed the complimentary cocktails at night as well as complimentary food in the evening (mostly nachos, hot dogs & Mac & cheese) but great for the kids. The hotel staff provided us with several take out menu's to order food for delivery but there are several restaurants nearby to drive to. We walked to Luby's for lunch (right next door) The Hotel also has free breakfast in the morning so overall, The Drury Inn & Suites met all of our needs and I would recommend it to others!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

Drury Inns are always at the top of our list when traveling. This one is our favorite. Very well maintained and super clean. The staff is friendly and helpful. We had a crib delivered to our room and the housekeeper set it up, put on a sheet, and even brought a baby blanket. The crib was brand new and our son slept well in it. This hotel is well worth the price and a comfortable home away from home.

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We stayed there this past weekend. There was a storm overnight and we didn't even know it until we walked out. Rooms were quiet, beds were super and the whole hotel was extremely clean. The breakfast staff treated everyone royally.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I absolutely loved my stay here. It exceeded my expectations. I definitely want to come back to this location when coming to Houston because of the wonderful amenities, great staff, and clean rooms. I travel quite often but this was my first time staying at a Drury Inn & Suites. Now my travels will include this chain of properties. It made an outstanding impression.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Stayed here during our visit to the TEXAS Baseball Ranch. Did not expect the many extra features that we found and experienced at this hotel. The convenient location was complimented by the very courteous and welcoming staff, the spacious and well maintained rooms and the positive hotel features. Convenient ice machine, well maintained clothes washing facilities, sumptuous offering for breakfast and and evening buffet served hot and fresh each day. The hotel became very busy on the weekend- and many guests "disrespected" the pubic space( messy & noisy), while the weekdays were quieter. Again, STAFF was exceptional- friendly, helpful and welcoming! Rooms very comfortable with good temperature controls!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are nice- good to be close to elevator and well maintained staircases.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We stayed at the Drury Inn & Suites Houston The Woodlands, 2 separate nights. My husband and I stayed in the King Suite - beautiful, clean, and roomy, with a nice bathroom! I also stayed a night with some ladies in a 2 queen room. It was also nice and clean, bathroom not as roomy though. The hotel has snacks (enough for a small supper) and drinks in the evening and a good breakfast in the morning, all included in your stay. I will tell you what makes this hotel stand apart from others in the area is the outstanding costumer service! Awesome! Friendly! Helpful! Professional! I expect a lot and was fully satisfied and impressed!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business