Drury Inn & Suites Houston The Woodlands
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Average 3/5
Good 3.5/5
Very Good 4/5
All reviewshot dogsbaked potatofree drinkswafflesthe indoor outdoor poolnachoshappy hourhand writtenevening buffethot breakfastnext morningwoodlands mallhotel of choicewould definitely stay here againlots of restaurantsthe staff was friendly and helpfulwi fi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stayed here last year to attend a concert with our daughters and decided to stay here again for the same concert. (Fall Out Boy.) The are is really nice and the hotel easy to find, right on the service road of the interstate.

Pros- This hotel has a lot of outlets. With teenage girls, you need a lot of outlets for the phones, tablets, hair appliances, etc. This would be good for people traveling on business who need to charge laptops, etc. The air blew cold, the microwave and fridge worked, and the shower head was way better than the other two hotels we stayed at during this trip. THe laundry facility was really nice. They only have a single washer and dryer, but they are in good shape. And next to the machines they have a machine to purchase laundry detergent and dryer sheets for either a dollar or a buck and a half. Both machines worked well. Parking is wonderful. We parked right outside the side door every night. The side door led to the elevator which was practically right outside my room, so it was really convenient. Also, the hotel was ghostly quiet the entire time we were there. I didn't see any other children, though.

Cons- There is no lock on the bathroom door. Not good for most people. There also is no exhaust fan in the bathroom. Not good for people traveling with a man. The rooms are a little smaller than the other rooms we stayed in. Also, they have a ten o'clock rule for children. I sent my teenage daughters to the front desk to trade in the Do Not Disturb sign because it was cracked, and the woman at the front desk told my daughter the weren't supposed to be wandering the hotel after ten o'clock. I'll admit it was late, like around 1:30 in the morning, but it isn't as if I sent them to get water from a river in the wild. I sent them down one floor to the front desk, all completely inside the building, together, to get a new sign. (She gave them a piece of tape, which was acceptable.) My kids are pretty quiet and shy, so I don't believe they were making noise. I get it's a liability thing, so I'm not complaining too much, but figured I should mention it because I don't think it's the best option for people with children.

We didn't try the pool or the breakfast, so I really can't comment on those.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem about the same to me. We stayed right by the elevator and didn't hear a sound, so noise doesn't seem to be an issue here like it is at some other hotels.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Houston The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for your return visit to the Drury Inn & Suites The Woodlands! It’s always a pleasure to receive feedback on what you enjoyed as well areas of opportunity. I’m glad to hear that the guest room amenities, parking, and location of the hotel all met your expectations. I do hope the bathroom door not locking didn’t cause too much of an inconvenience. Concerning the exhaust fan in our guest bathrooms, there is no switch but it does run on an automatic 24 hour cycle to make it more convenient for our guests. We do strive to balance our hotel for both leisure and corporate travelers through our amenities, including our Hot Breakfast each morning, our 5:30 Kickback with hot food and cold beverages each night, Indoor / Outdoor Pool, 24 hour fitness center, and onsite 24 hour pantry. We value your business and thank you again for providing the great feedback to help in assisting us to learn and improve on our service.

Best Regards,
Crystal Pierce

Reviewed 11 August 2014

It was great welcome and good service during my stay in the hotel. It is well maintained and good quality breakfast served. It has worth full Digital Channels. It is very close to access to Woodland TX Energy companies.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The hotel staff are always friendly, helpful, and make you feel at home. Good value for the money. Beds are so comfy. Breakfast, happy hour and snacks are always great! Megan always goes out her way to make my stay perfect!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jean R
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Very clean hotel. Very friendly staff - southern hospitality certainly applies here!
Rooms are spacious and the beds are comfortable. The fridge in the room didn't keep the items cold, but no big deal. Free food from 5:30 - 7:00 pm with 3 free cocktails and the free breakfast was definitely a plus. The food wasn't gourmet caliber, but very delicious. The breakfasts were hot an fresh and it would be hard to leave hungry!

All in all it was a nice place to stay and easy to get to from the Houston airport.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

All of the staff was helpful and friendly. Megan the manager went out of her way to be sure I was comfortable. The location is very convenient. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The beds and pillows were very nice. The pool and exercise room were well maintained. The evening happy hour and breakfast were freshly prepared with a good selection. A very nice stay.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends