“Comfortable for business trip”

Courtyard Houston The Woodlands
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Lima, Peru
“Comfortable for business trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

Clean, quiet and decent location off the main roadway.

Was difficult finding on GPS in rental from international airport, but eventually did so after a few tries.

Room was okay and comfortable bed (also sofa if you decide to work late). Stayed on the ground floor, so occasional lights at night from parking cars (solved this the next night by parking myself in front of my room window).

Staff were friendly and efficient, but the bar/coffee attendents seemed distracted. Not rude, but took a while to get their attention.

Worth staying there if you have to visit the Woodlands for a short business trip.

Room Tip: Get an upper floor room, ground floor can get busy.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank nigeltrini

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Spring, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

Good value for the area quite clean and close to the Mall and good restaurants. Would stay again! Staff is very helpful.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Sugar Land, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

North side of the woodlands mall and a bout 1/2 the price of Marriott waterways where I attended the seminar and provide free parking. The latter is on the south side of the mall and the restaurants in and around is more expensive and not better. We have 2 queen beds and the linens were immaculate. It was refurbished not long ago and no unpleasant odors felt. there are many 3-4 stars and fast food restaurants within a few miles.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank scenic2010
Houston, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

I came back from an overnight stay at this hotel. I had tickets for The Beach Boys concert and I booked a room here so I can get a good night's sleep before heading home.

Check-in and check-out was quick. The young staff was very friendly and courteous. My room was basic, but it did come with the extra feather pillows that I had requested. I had a simple pre-concert dinner of a turkey BLT from the bistro, even though I didn't think it was worth the price; nevertheless, I was hungry and didn't want to spend more than I have to at the concert.

If there was another concert worth going up there to see, I would probably book a room here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Thorndale, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I was booked to stay at the TownePlace Suites but they over-booked and moved me to the Courtyard. When I got there the elevator was out and I had to take the stairs. While this was not ideal, the hotel is nice and clean. My room was really nice. Also, the staff is very responsive and willing to accommodate. I was actually given bonus Marriott points for my inconvenience. I did get an awful latte from the Starbucks in the lobby but they were swamped. So, while my experience there wasn't the best, I would stay there again because I don't think that my experience was typical of the hotel. I mean, i doubt that their elevator is out ALL of the time.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
WoodlandsCYD_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize you had a negative experience at our hotel and I want to assure you that these issues are being addressed! We value all of our guests' feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel as well as what we are doing right. We hope you give us a chance to make things right and try the Courtyard by Marriott Houston The Woodlands again next time you find yourself in the area.

Trent Pipher
San Francisco
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

The good: the staff here is really friendly, helpful and capable. They go out of their way to be accommodating. It's nice that they have a little bistro downstairs for meals and drinks!

The so-so: Rooms are ok, fairly standard. There's a pool and a fitness center.

The bad: half the hotel rooms face the highway and the noise was annoying, fortunately, they weren't full, so I could switch, but if they were full, that would have been a problem.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

This was a very nicely run Courtyard. The receptionist was on the phone when I checked in, and so I had to wait a few minutes while she attempted to satisfy the caller. Another employee saw me and came over and checked me in. When I asked about getting something to eat, she gave me a free entree voucher for their restaurant. I had a very nice tuna sandwich with fresh cut vegetables and a Starbucks coffee for dinner. I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business