“No Laundry service on Weekends”

Courtyard Houston The Woodlands
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Olvera, Spain
“No Laundry service on Weekends”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Not what I expected, the staff seem eager to please, however, I was not pleased when I was told no laundry at the weekends (the is nothing written on the laundry documentation to that effect). bistro menu was limited, but overall hotel is in a reasonable condition, although I found and drowned a cockroach in my room. I won't be staying here next time.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Dear AksaiOiler,
Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay at the Courtyard Houston The Woodlands. I'm sorry to hear that your stay was not what you expected. I'm also sorry that you were inconvenienced because we do not offer weekend laundry service. I'm sure you are not the only guest who would use this service so I will be looking into it to see if it's a possibility. I do hope if your travels bring you back to the area that you might give us another opportunity.

Steve T.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Dawsonville, Georgia
Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

We were there for 3 nights well visiting family. The first night our room faced I 45, and the noise was terrible. They very kindly moved us for the next two nights to the backside of the hotel and it was great! Room comfy, bed good, people at the front desk very helpful and nice. Starbucks brewed coffee available in the lobby, which made my husband happy. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We were here for 2 nights for business and had a very pleasant stay. It will start with the friendly smiling faces of Lisa and Beth at the front desk. The others at the front desk were very friendly and helpful as well, just we spent a lot of time in the lobby greeting clients and they were the 2 we dealt with mostly. Standard Courtyard lobby which is very well kept as well as the rest of the hotel. The rooms are comfy and clean with a fridge to keep your goods cold. The conference room worked very well for us too. They are very close to any kind of delicious restaurant you could want and just a few miles from Market Street. I look forward to returning.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I very recently stayed in this hotel for 10 days while on business in the general Houston area. The staff were very hospitable, friendly and attentive.
The rooms were comfortable though the air con unit stayed on constantly which made sleeping a problem in the early days.
The bistro was limited in choices but again staff were friendly and helpful.
I didn't have a car and found this hotel to be in close proximity to the Woodlands Mall along with other nearby shops and restaurants. However, if you ask the hotel staff to order a taxi, make sure they get a Houston Yellow Cab and not the company they appear to use routinely as they charge way more than an acceptable fare.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay here. The lobby was gorgeous. The rooms were very very clean. The one improvement could be better pillows but they weren't too bad. No free breakfast which was a bummer but they did serve Starbucks! I would definitely return!

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Gramercy, Louisiana
Reviewed 20 May 2013

My second stay at this hotel (previously 2009) for a concert at CWM Pavilion. It was okay before but updates in the lobby and guestrooms made it much better. We had a first floor with a king, comfortable bedding, frig, sofa, sliding glass door. Box style A/C clicked on and off, a little distracting; the toilet in our room had a weak flush (advised front desk); no safe in the room; minor issues that were not deal breakers. At check in, the front desk agent asked if we needed directions or parking information to the concert; and made a recommendation for dinner at "Grotto" (weekday Happy Hour menu 5-7) with valet parking ($15 event parking), have dinner and walk to the pavilion. Excellent! Hotel parking was well lit and plentiful when we returned at 1130pm. We did not use the indoor pool or gym, nor did we eat at the bistro. I have also stayed at the Residence Inn next door several times and always shop for price when attending a concert (usually once a year). There are closer hotels to the venue, but this is a good, clean, safe option and we will continue to consider it for location and value.

Room Tip: Request upper floor if you don't want a sliding glass door