“Excellent Property”

Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent Property”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

Stayed here last week for business from Sunday to Friday.

- Stayed on the third floor close to the elevator and ice machine but did not hear them at all.
- Clean and nicely decorated room. The rooms in this hotel have been upgraded based on the Bistro style of the lobby.
- TV worked great, no issues. Bathroom was cleaned nicely every day.
- Very friendly staff. They accomodated a late checkout for me of 2pm.
- Ate breakfast there a couple days. Breakfast tacos were outstanding.
- Used the treadmills in the exercise room. No issues with them specifically. It would have been nice if they had closed captions on the treadmill tvs. There were headphones to plug in to the tv but I don't like running with the wires bouncing around.

Really cannot think of anything constructive to say about my experience. Will definitely stay here again next time I am in town on business or for personal travel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Dan G,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. I'm so happy to hear that you found our hotel clean, quiet and our staff to be so friendly. I'm also pleased to hear that you were able to try our breakfast tacos. They are my personal favorite too! We will look forward to your return visit!

With warm regards,
Shara Gerber

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Baton Rouge, La
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

The thing I like the most about any Marriott property is consistency. The staff is always friendly and the rooms are clean and comfortable. This Courtyard is conveniently located near great shopping and dining! Staff was awesome. Enjoyed a great Starbucks Latte every morning! Will stay here again when in The Woodlands!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

We stayed here for only one night in order to attend a funeral the next day. We just pretty much slept there. We didn't check in until about 10pm and left by 8am the next day. A relative used his points for our room and the check in seemed to go smoothly. Our king room was on the first floor facing the parking area. It was a quiet and very clean room. There was a refrigerator, but no microwave. The room was large. The vanity area is separate from the shower area and I like that. There wasn't a luggage rack and that's the only downfall I found with the room. The bed and pillows were comfortable. It's close to the Woodlands Mall and several restaurants. There is a Luby's right next door.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Houston, Texas, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

The check in was great! The room was clean...except the big black curly hair in the restroom...gross. The bed was "just ok" nothing to rave about. What really ticked me off was the crappy pillows. For $200 a night ( including tax) the pillows should be not be lumpy! You could see the lumps before you touched them. There are 5 pillow on each bed. All 10 exactly the same. Wouldn't it be smart to have at least 2 firm pillows in the mix, 2 medium and 2 soft, with 4 cheap fillers? That way, every guest could find a pillow they liked? I couldn't get comfy and woke up with a sore neck and upper back. Sorry, Marriot, going cheap on the pillows is no way to earn a loyal guest. Oh, thanks for the exfoliation treatment with your small, rough towels. Good grief! They are too small to wrap around your body, we aren't big people. Breakfast was quick, and had a gluten free option, yeah.

Stayed December 2013
TMIHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Mary-Ann C,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I'm glad to hear that check in was great and you were able to enjoy our gluten free breakfast options! Please accept my apology that the pillows were not to your liking. We do have extra pillows available at our front desk that we would have been more than happy to bring you. I hope you will keep this in mind and give us another chance on your next visit to The Woodlands.

Miranda W.
Assistant General Manager
Baton Rouge, LA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

My wife and I go to the Renaissance Festival every year. Great rates, just renovated, clean, very nice staff morning and night. Very close to several restaurants and the Woodlands Mall. The only insignificant complaint is that there wasn't microwave in the room. There is a small refrigerator. Rooms are a little on the small side, but well furnished and comfortable bed. My room had a balcony. We will be back again next year for another stay. It was the best price of all that I checked out in the area at the time I booked the reservation. I am sure that varies from season to season and events near by.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel was clean, quiet and pleasant. I was impressed by the small but extremely efficient and tasty bistro that serves breakfast and dinner and has a nice bar area. Housekeeping was very accommodating as well. Very nice pool and exercise area. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013
TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

We were in town for the Lionel Richie concert! We had a wonderful time despite the rain. Our stay at the Courtyard was the icing on top. Stephanie was cordial upon check-in and even asked were we in town for the concert! Room was very neat and clean. We could not have asked for better for our short stay. I went down the next morning for towels and had no problem! Stephanie and Lisa were very helpful and got me everything that I needed. I am attending a wedding next month in the area and I will be staying at the Courtyard Marriott! Great stay.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family